“Massage at Grand Solmar Instant Cure for "Too Much Trabajo"”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I started my trip with a bad case of Frozen Shoulder, due to too much computer work. Having said that, I was not a big proponent of spending any amount of money on a massage on my trip. It wasn't until the spa crew came around to our pool and gave 5 minute mini-massages. I was sold. Within minutes, I was in one of the outdoor seaside cabanas getting a 90 minute massage by Erik. My frozen shoulder improved and my stress level reduced to the point where I stopped checking work email. Treat yourself. This is what you work hard for.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Rainee

We are delighted to read that your experience at our Spa was fantastic, and that people find atractive the idea to see staff members by the pools showing some of their skills or to provide information, regarding any activity that you may want to have during your stay with us.

I will share your high remark to Erick. It will be our pleasure tom welcome you back to our resort to keep enjoying our facilities. Your feedback is very important.

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I own two weeks at Grand Solmar, and count the days each year until my next visit. Grand Solmar is without hesitation, the most exquisite resort I've visited. It is on a private beach, with only three other resorts and one private condominium complex. The beach is flanked on both ends by mountains. Guests must pass through a guard station to access the property. I share this because if you stay at Grand Solmar, you won't be hassled by vendors as you would if you stayed anywhere along the Gulf of California (formerly the Sea of Cortez). You can't swim in the Pacific Ocean because the waves are too big and dangerous, but there are plenty of infinity pools with great views of the ocean. I personally think the waves are one of the best things about Grand Solmar - they are AMAZING!

Grand Solmar is a short walk to downtown Cabo, and all that it offers.

My favorite activity at Grand Solmar is a massage in the gazebo at Land's End. If you're visiting Grand Solmar and are in need of a deep tissue massage, I highly recommend Erik!!

Try Grand Solmar once, and you'll come back.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at Grand Solmar.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Sue

Thank you for sharing your experience. Being the most exquisite resort you have ever visited, is pricesless to us, and we accept this honor with all our heart. I love the pics you take of the waves. You can understand why we always leave the red flag on our beach. And i thank you for sharing this and mention that we have 6 pools. Also 2 restaurants, 2 pool side bar, one grotto, 3 jacuzzis, 2 áreas for the spa (love that you enjoy Erick¨s service), a kids club with night activities and many other things.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We will be waiting for you.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

(5/8-13/2014) 10th time to Cabo, including stays on Medano Beach, and several at Pueblo Bonito Sunset on Pacific side; first time at Grand Solmar.

When travel promoters say '5-star' in Mexico, most places don't quite meet that rating compared to cities in the US and Europe. Mexico tries, but most resorts are just a bit off on quality of food, interior finishes, and service levels. Not bad; just not superior.

Not so at Grand Solmar. Let's start with the primary driver of most resort experiences: staff interactions. The staff at the front desk are typically friendly and highly engaging, however beyond that it can be pretty functional. The challenge for management in any hospitality setting is to get every employee to engage in a manner that is proactive. It has to be part of the company's culture.

We were constantly amazed at the professionalism exhibited by everyone there, from the front desk, to the domestic crew, servers and valets. Our valet Manny greeted us originally at the front entry point and he called us by name no less than a dozen times (and in perfect English) on our way in and out of the resort.

Our favorite hangout was the pool on the north end which was smaller, quieter and without kids (of which there weren't a lot given the sister property, Playa Grande, just up the street was more suited to families). There were six pools, with one being an 'Adult Only' pool on the south end where you could watch the skim boarders ride ridiculously dangerous surf down at the point.

The pool server, Leonel, had impeccable timing, striking a perfect balance of coming around and eyeing the drinks and food, but not approaching directly too much. (The shrimp cerviche and guacamole were exceptionally fresh and well presented and a nice value at ~US$20 for the both.)

We elected not to do the timeshare tour as we weren't interested in ownership. Once stated, we received zero additional pressure to attend a presentation. However, this would be one property that we would consider if that was of interest.

The room was very nicely appointed with excellent craftsmanship throughout, nice fixtures, and all GE appliances in the kitchen. The bed slept really well. One thing that was really nice was the offset balconies. In other resorts the balconies are even with each other, or even have half walls between which doesn't allow for much privacy. These offset balconies and full walls allow you to recline on the chaise lounges (dressed as you like) and listen to the surf or music in full privacy.

The fitness center is not completed at Grand Solmar so we used the one at Playa Grande and it was excellent. Free weights, good machines and atmosphere.

Finally, as mentioned by other reviewers, there is still ongoing construction that appears to be in the last phase in the middle of the property. However, they were on a break so we had no noise to contend with.

The best part for us? 10-minute walk to the main strip downtown through the marina, or a $10 cab ride to the clubs.

I don't think we'll be staying anywhere else in Cabo. This experience was by far the best resort and value we've seen there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ken H

Dear Ken

We are delighted by your complete review, that is very accurate on the philosophy that day by day we sahre with our staff. That you were able to witness the professionalism and attentivess of our staff members is satisfying for us. Manny really do an excellent job not just in remembering the names of our guest, but in providing experiences.The same can be said about Leonel, just a few months with us, but really always go above and beyond any guest request.(love that you like our shrimp ceviche).
As we always mention, the presentations aere optional and you can always reques this to the hostess at our lobby and they will understand.
We are also satisfied that you enjoy the room in general with the spacious and private balconies and the beds, kitchen etc.
As you mention, the construction will be center now at the entrance in order to make a new lobby, but it will not spoil anyone vacation, as we have perfect views, perfect pools, and specially, a staff thast takes care of you.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Grand sol mar is a beautiful resort! From the the lobby and rooms down to the landscape! Although they are in the midst of expanding (construction), it wasn't too bothersome. The staff were all super friendly and professional. Nerieda frm bell desk,
Cindy frm concierge
Nataly massage
Ignacio
Miguel, and Guillermo from swim up bar are just a few names. But the list could definitely be longer. Can't forget to mention the ladies that work in convenient store. By the way, which is not over priced. They were super sweet and helpful. Wonderful housekeeping staff. I Also want to mention the staff that coordinates the taxis and drives the golf carts to safely get you to your room. They always made me feel safe and always pleasant. I am a time share owner and was able to use it for my first time. Money well spent. My guest and I felt like royalty! Sol mar staff well done! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear NNORWOOD

Love your pics!

I can see you are a big fan of Don julio!. We are delighted that you enjoy our facilities and the new pool beds!. That you share with all our travellers the names of the staff that do the difference for you is pricesless (Cindy, Nere, NAtaly, Ignacio, Miguel, Guillermo, and the ladys of the deli, along with our maids, and bellboys.

Thank you again for your visit. We will be honor to welcome you back next time!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have been enjoying this resort for the third year in a row. Just had my first massage by Nataly. It was one of the best treatments I have ever experienced. This is just icing on the cake. The food here is fabulous and fresh, the staff is so accommodating and friendly and the location is hard to beat. Manny who is on the bell staff, always makes us feel like family. We will be enjoying this beautiful place for years to come!!

RMGray

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rita G829

We are delighted and honor for your loyalty, being here the last 3 years. Nataly is really doing an amazing job at the Cabañas of the spa. Always great comments. I will share with our Chef and hisstaff your comments about the food. along with MAnny who is really sincere and always remember all our guest last name.

We will be waiting for you this next year so that you keep enjoying Paradise.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at this resort over Cinco De Mayo weekend and couldn't ask for a more enjoyable place to stay. We initially didn't buy the all inclusive until we arrived at the resort. It was 104 US dollars per person and included everything you could ask for. We stayed in the studio room and it was clean and the decor is beautiful. The grounds, pools and beach were also amazing. Another plus about this hotel is that you can walk into town from the hotel instead of having to rely on a taxi. Finally the best part of the resort is the friendly and attentive staff especially the hosts, waiters and cooks at the "The La Roca" restaurant. I would like to personally thank Luis, Julio, Hoguer, Diego, Roberto and finally Carlos who waited on us at the pool.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Anthony

We would like to thank you for your visit during the 5 de mayo weekend, our theme night was fun to do. We have more tan 100 people on it. The mariachi excels!. At the same time we are delighted that you have a fantastic stay enjoying the grounds, pools, your suite, and of course the friendly staff including Diego, Luis, Julio, Hoguer, Roberto and Carlitos.

The option of the MEal plan is very popular among our guest, For more information please contact our concierge in our main webpage.

Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed at this property twice. The ocean views and resort amenities are always excellent. But the real impact here is the level of service. I had one small "hiccup" at the beginning of our week while dining at the resort. I was able to speak to the staff and my concerns were handled and personally fixed by Isaac, the manager of food and bar service. He listened to my concerns and thanked me for bringing it to his attention. He greeted me whenever we saw each other, and I really felt like he appreciated my feedback. His level of care for us to me is priceless and worth going back. LaRoca is my favorite restaurant on site. The food is wonderful at breakfast and lunch, and the service was always excellent. Our room was impeccably cared for, especially by our nightly attendant, Stefania. It was nice to see the familiar and smiling faces of Manny and Sammy upon our return to the resort this year. And so many smiling faces at the resort, always willing to help. From Eden (spelling?) at check-in to the fun servers at the pool bars, Roberto and Guillermo. I wish I could remember everyone's names, but I know that they all serve with a smile. It is the staff who makes this beautiful site feel like coming home.

Room Tip: It is nice to have at least a one bedroom suite so you can have some quiet time away from extended f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank maloumb

Dear Maloumb

We are very touch and delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is always important when one of our guest have a situation or a simply feedback during their stay, and that he wants to contact us personally. Isaac, and the rest of the management here are here for you, and you can make sure that we really take immediate action. We care fro you, and this feeling is always sincere.
I will share your comments with Eben, Jazmin, MAnny, Sammy, Robert, Memo and the rest of the staff. When we watch you smile, we know things are great, It is a nice accomplishment that our staff and myself look every day to achieve.

Thank you again for everything. We will be here for you, you can always count on us!