“Beautiful resort wonderful staff very clean”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Isaac was wonderful along with Roberto Javier Heriberto Guillermo head waiter were very accommodating our stay was very pleasurable because of these fine gentlemen they make our stay very relaxing highly recommend this resort

• Stayed: December 2013
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Patricia

You are really special for all of us, and we are delighted that you enjoy all of our facilities and amenities. I am very pleased that our staff is doing their best to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.

Wishing you the best for next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,204)

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a weeklong stay at the Grand Solmar. The ocean views are stunning. The website does not do it justice.

Our room had fabulous views of the swimming pool and the ocean. The construction of the new building did not bother us at all.

The customer service at this resort is one of the best I have seen in any vacation resort we have stayed at. The minute we arrived we were greeted by Samuel and Felix who work at the resort. One grabbed our suitcases and took it to the room and the other handed us a drink while we waited in the lobby.

The housekeeping lady, Michaela, did an impeccable job of cleaning our rooms twice a day! On the last day of our stay she handed us cookies and gave all of us, including the kids, a big bear hug. As I said earlier, the customer service here is simply superb!

We did attend the hour and a half timeshare sales presentation. Chris, our sales associate was very polite and did not push us excessively. In return we got a "platinum card "that gave us 10% discount for the restaurants, and other services at the resort. We will most likely skip the timeshare sales presentation the next time we visit. But visit we will. We loved this place!

Stayed: December 2013
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear RPI Alum

I am delighted to read that the custumer service of our resort has been one of the best you have seen. When you mention that you really loved everything about our place, i am beyond grateful. Most of all, for me is very important that you acknowledge the work of our bellboys Felix, and Sammy along with our sweet Michaela.

Those two teams of coworkers really represent the best in terms of service and quality. They love their job.

I am glad you only have good experiences to share with all the world. We really want to surprise and surpass everybody expectations. And your words, are the fuel we need to continue doing it.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

If your thinking about going to Cabo make sure you decide to stay here. The rooms are amazing, the pools are great and the staff is right there for your every need. The views are hard to beat, not to mention the spouting humpback whales we could see while sitting by the pool. Food is also very good but its just a short walk into town for all the restaurants you could want.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better as the rooms on the first floor can have mosquitos during sometimes of the y...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Matthew

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We are delighted. I am very pleased that i have the opportunity to meet a lot of new and familiar faces thorugh all this years.

We have indeed the best views, the best rooms, the best pools, the best food....but what i am most proud is the staff, always smiling and surpassing the expectations of all our guest.

Thank you again; happy holidays!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Day 1 - 12/27 We just arrived to the resort today, and so far things have not gone our way.

The hotel recommended car service: We paid for an SUV to pick us up and bring us to the hotel and we got a van which looked like any other van/cab you would get downtown. What a disappointment since we paid $240 usd.

Hotel: Wifi down and intermittent since we've been here.

Restaurant: La Roca was a terrible experience. Waited 20+ mins to get any acknowledgement from our waiter. Then he messed up our order. We choose the tasting menu and asked to get the food fast and he said yes he will come out fast .... 2 hour (oh my). He never came back to ask if the food was good. 2 of the entrees came out cold :( the wine pairings didn't come out with the food :(. Should I go on. Yes, why not. It wasn't a busy night only 10 tables were occupied (yes we counted). Terrible terrible terrible.

Nothing like the Capella, las ventanas, or One and Only. I have 6 more days here. What to do? All my favorite hotels are booked. I'm hoping mgmt sees this and makes some fast changes.

• Stayed: December 2013
14  Thank Shabbychictraveler
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Shabbychictraveler,

I would like to share with everybody the email that you send me after your comment, and after we meet the second day of your stay at our main pool.

"Day 3: A surprise dinner hosted by Rodrigo, Issac, La Roca Chef, and Roberto Martinez. It was AMAZING. We arrived to the restaurant, and Roberto was there to graciously greet us and bring us to our table. Our table was setup on the beach. A perfect setting for a romantic dinner... The sky's were clear and the stars glistened like diamonds. Waves crashing in the background. All we were missing was the string quartet. Dinner was prepared perfectly too. The chef definitely put his heart and soul to prepare something specially for us, even my son enjoyed his special meal. We have to send a special acknowledgment to Roberto Martinez, whom catered to our every request. Thank you again Roberto. Last we would like to acknowledge Rodrigo, the GM, who has taken special care of us. Thank you Rodrigo, for acknowledging our concerns, making immediate changes, and helping to make our stay special. You are the reason we stayed here rather than moving hotels".

I have no words to express my gratitute after reading this email, For me it was an honor to pamper you and assist you during this stay.
You can always count on me and my team to do our best. I know you were able to saw our timos for you at the sand (timeless moments). As you witness, we keep the promess (least we can do after the airport experience), regarding your transportation, No charge to you as we talk with this company. And i am also happy that you enjoyed your 31st of december surprise.
Roberto, your waiter from the dinner, was very emotional and happy with the experience. HE really is a great asset to our hotel, and I am very pleased you notice him.
Again, I wish you all the best. For me it was very important to say good bye in person, and I feel very good that I did achieve that goal.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at Grand Solmar Land's End. Arrived three days late but the time share management team including Silvia Brunner, Member Services Manager worked with us to adjust our one week stay with minimum inconvenience. The room was super and the view was breathe taking.

Stayed: January 2013
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Salkhatib

We thank you for your comments. I am very satisfied to read that your stay was a wonderful time, and that you get to enjoy our romos and views.

We will be waiting for you on your next vacation time.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This property is still under construction. The location is great and Pacific side of the beach is fairly secluded. The timeshare presentation is informative and the sales staff is respectful. I am neutral about the product that is being showcased here. However, I definitely recommend that you check out this property and form your opinion regarding its value. One word of advice, carefully review the offer of gifts for the timeshare presentation. Otherwise, it is a fine place to review your accommodation needs.

Room Tip: Be very specific as to you room preference. If you are looking for a good ocean view, ask for a high...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank B0bD
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear B0bD

Thank you for your comments regarding your last visit to our resort. I will share this with our timeshare managers. We are at the moment finishing part of the Project, for example the gym, the kids club, a new pool, the new lobby, spa cabanas. Still at the moment we have 5 pools, 2 bars, 1 restaurant, and we will add new nights at our other restaurant on site.
I am sure people will love this new additions that we plan to open in the next few months.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2013

For the last 8 years,we have spent the first 2 weeks of the month of December in our time-share at what is now the Grand Solmar.At the beginning our time-share was in the old ,original Solmar at Land's End.We were so enchanted by its quaintness and location that we right away signed up to purchase 1 week,The following year we realized that one week was not enough and added a second week.The old Solmar is gone and has been replaced by the Grand Solmar.We were "gran-fathered" into the new and a luxuriuos new unit.As much as time share deals are bad-mouthed,we could have not gotten a better deal.By now the staff knows us and every year when we arrive we are greeted as if we were family which is a very nice feeling.
We wish we could spend more time there,but we have our obligations in Chicago .Once home we immediately star planning our next time at the Grand Solmar where our ownership is valid for the next 18 years.!!!!!!!We shold live that long.!!!!!!!!.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Carlos

You will live more you will see! What a wonderful comment. I am speechless. I can only say that you are indeed part of our family. I have been in the company for almost 10 years, and the changes i have witness, are indeed wonderful, and always thinking in our guest; you can have no doubt that in terms of service, we have the best and most accomodating staff.

We will be waiting for you for your next stay.

HAppy holidays!