“Unbelievable paradise vacation.”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I do not even know where to start with this review... This was my first time to Cabo San Lucas and I went with friends one of whom is a time share owner. We stayed Nov 9-16th and let me just say, it was not long enough! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and a complimentary margarita was placed in our hands. Standing in the lobby, we immediately had a breathtaking view of the ocean. I was speechless. Pretty much every room has a view of the ocean, and our we had the added pleasure of being able to watch the sunset from our room or one of the infinity pools every evening around 530. We also got to see baby sea turtles released one night!! The resort is only about a 15min walk from downtown!! I loved it, as I got my workout in every day as result --haha. I also want to give a special thank you to the staff. We got to know them very well and they added to the fun of our vacation. So Emmanuel (Manny), Felix, Cesar, Arturio, Lupe, Martin, and many more I just forgot their names THANK YOU for your exceptional service. I will definetly be back to the Grand Solmar and look forward to returning to see the end result after the construction. :)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ChelseaJ21
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear ChelseaJ21

Thank you so much for this post, for your beautiful words, for letting us pamper you as you deserve, for sharing your lands end experience with all the travellers.
Our staff really represent what we want the world to know about us. We have the best location, amazing rooms, infinity pools, but most of all, a genuine and hard working staff that i am very pleased you notice them. I will share with Manny, Felix, Cesar, Lupe, Arturo, MArtin from the bellboy, public areas and pool service your comments along with our security staff in charge or releasing the baby turtles following the regulations we have.

We would love to welcome you back with a signature margarita from our lobby vip.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,204)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was at Grand Solmar in January 2012 and will be going there again in about 2 weeks. I had the time of my life while I was there. The staff are amazing, especially the bell boys (Sami, Manny, Jacob, Cesar etc). The resort is fantastic. Everywhere you look the scenery is amazing. Even though they were still under construction I was never bothered by noise. I can't wait to go back, I'm so excited to relax by the amazing pools again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing and spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank steve h
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Steve

On behalf of all our staff, we would like to thank you for your great comments about your most recent stay. I will definelty share them with all our bellboy staff. I am delighted that having stayed in the past, this new experience was a pleasant one. We will be waiting for you, i am sure you will enjoy all of our pools, bra and restaurant along with our amenitinies in general.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for our 10th anniversary and it was gorgeous. The room was just like it's pictured, everything was top of the line. Even the lobby was amazing. At check in we were offered drinks, that's just the way to kick off our stay. We hung out at the adult pool, I loved being served frozen drinks overlooking the ocean! We ate at their restaurant our first night and it was delicious. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Bianca

Thank you for this comment. I am glad you like all the lands end experience. For us is important to start all our guest vacation with a delicious welcome drink, the rest. also leave it to us, we will do the imposible to pameper you and bring the excellent service you deserve. I will share your comments with our pool staff our housekeeping department and also all our chefs and waiters that exceed your expectations at our restaurant.

Thank you for do not hesitate in your last mention, you can count on us. And congratulations for your 10th anniversary, we really enjoy to celebrate our guest while staying with us. We knew it was a special time for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The resort, the views and most importantly the people are absolutely beautiful. We just spent two weeks here and had a great time. The staff is incredible. The staff absolutely love what they do and it shows. We spent a lot of time by the pool and have to give a special note of thanks to Jose, Samael, Freddie, Eban, Javier and especially Lupe (who makes sure every person has anything and everything they need at all times). The construction is like watching a masterpiece in progress. We've actually enjoyed watching the progress from start to almost finished. When we bought here there was nothing built yet. The last three years have been amazing to see. The construction has to be done if the resort is to be completed. Looking forward to coming back next year..

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views

Dear tanda82208

I will definetly share your comments with our staff, specially Jose, Samael, Freddie, Eben, JAvier and Lupe, our towel server, who as you mention, is always smiling trying to fullfill everyone expectations and needs.
The workers and arquitects of our new phase are doing a fantastic job in keeping the same quality that we now have, and working as fast ads they can to complete everything for everyone to enjoy. You will love the pool, the kids club, the gym, for sure.
We begun the Project almost 3 years ago, and as you mentioned, it has been an amazing and great experience to watch every detail being build.
ANd i thank you your last comment, that is truth, in order to complete the resort, we need to work some last details, but at the momento you can still enjoy our rersort, with units that are ocean front, an amazing restaurant with the best food and location posible, 4 infinity pools, a kids pool, 3 jacuzzis , 2 bars (3 of our pools with no noise at all).
We would be honor to welcome you back anytime soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was my first time staying at Grand Solmar, though I have stayed at Playa Grande several times (Grand Solmar's sister property). In my opinion there is no comparison between the two hotels. Grand Solmar is very luxurious and its rooms are truly ocean front, whereas Playa Grande is in a horseshoe shape so only a few rooms are (in my opinion) ocean front. Grand Solmar has amazing inifiniti pools that overlook the ocean, multiple swim-up bars, and FABULOUS rooms. I have stayed in several 5 star hotels, and I can honestly say that our room (a two bedroom penthouse suite) was by far the most luxurious and comfortable room I have ever stayed in. It was gorgeous in every way. Our room was in the building located next to the "adults only pool" and if I'd jumped off the deck (which spanned the entire length of the building and too high to jump from), then I would have landed in sand.

Now for the things that could have been better...

1) While the hotel staff were friendly and helpful when approached, they were not proactive in providing service. The bartenders at the pool bars rarely made the rounds to ask guests if they wanted to order drinks/food (instead, if you wanted something you had to swim up to the bar). After reading one of the hotel magazines I learned that I could request robes and slippers (as opposed to the hotel placing them in my room for my convenience). I also read that I would be eligible for free WiFi service. Again, not a service/benefit that I had been made aware of. It left me wondering if there were other services/benefits that were available that I wasn't made aware of, which was frustrating. I did ask the front desk if there was a list of services, etc, but there is not. He just said that he'd be happy to answer any question that I had, which would be fine if I knew what to ask for/about.

2) The timeshare ladies (guest services?). Yes, Cabo is into the timeshare business - big time. My husband and I had agreed to sign-up for a timeshare presentation at another property. We'd been warned that Grand Solmar would (aggressivley) try to stop us from going on the presentation and to not tell them where we were going. That was an understatement. While walking through the lobby to leave the property, the Grand Solmar representative began yelling to us and waving her arms frantically. She interrogated us about where we were going and wanted to know whether we were on our way to visit another property. After saying that we were just walking into town, she gave us several reasons why we didn't want to go on to a timeshare presentation...none of the reasons being all that compelling, Quite frankly, it is none of her (or the hotel's) business as to what we planned to do. After beginning the 10 minute walk to leave the property we are approached again by two hotel representatives to prevent us from going on a timeshare presentation (at a different property). And, they were sneaky about it! Grand Solmar's approach/antics really ticked me off. Again - I am a paying adult - I can do what I want with my time. And, I am annoyed that I felt the need to lie about my plans. Should I agree to a future timeshare presentation (at another location), I will be honest about my intentions/plans with Grand Solmar (again, it is none of their business), but if I am given a hard time about it then I will flip out on someone (and write all about in on Tripadvisor). All right....time to move on...

3) On one occassion I had to have my room key reset. When I went to the front desk, I handed the representative my card and told her my room number. I was not asked to provide my name, any identification or to prove who I am in any way. Additionally, we had arrived before our check-in time and asked the hotel to hold our baggage for us. We were given a claim ticket and went on our way. When we claimed our bags later that afternoon, we only had to point to them. We were not asked for the claim ticket. I had shared security these concerns with the front desk manager, Juan, and I was told that they've never had a problem at the hotel and that guests have been nice and trustworthy. I think the hotel needs to rethink this approach to their guest's protection.

Room Tip: Construction on the last building is expected to be completed in February, 2014. If you travel befor...
1  Thank Sarah F

Dear Sarah

For us is amazing to hear that this have been the most loxurious hotel you have stayed, and that you loved our infinity pools, luxurious and comfortable rooms, you indeed have an amazing located suite.
We would be working in the details you mention regarding our service. For us is very important to know the things we need to work with to provide the excellent service you deserved as one of our guests. At the momento we have a newspaper that is in every room along with our directory of services, where we list the services and amenities we have at the romos, or the general áreas, including the bathrobes and wifi services. We will make sure every guest knows this at the check in time.
Still, if any guest have any question, our front desk staff is always happy to answer it for them.
It is also important for us to know the timeshare experiences that our guest have at the momento of their stay. We would do everything in our hands to make you feel comfortable. As this is still a timeshare destination, sometimes is difficult the approach of some of the representatives of this activity, but here, we always listen to our guest, and if you do not want to get disturbed, we will respect that immediatly.
We thank you also for your last comment and you can make sure that we are increasing our security policies, asking for every guest ID information(even if sometimes the staff already knows the guest), and with cameras at the places we consider important to add.

We thank you for all this information. For us is very important to get this feedback. I Am very pleased and would love to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Beautiful resort, not too large, beautiful grounds and helpful staff

The location is great, right behind the marina the views are incredible!
They are under construction and it was a little noisy.
would go back for sure

1  Thank Georgianne C

Dear Georgianne C,

We would like to thank you for your beautiful words regarding your most recent stay. I am very satisfied that you love our location, staff and grounds.
We would be waiting for you so that you can keep enjoying paradise with us.!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our daughter had her beautiful wedding at Grand Solmar on Nov. 1, 2013. The Grand Solmar Resort was stunningly beautiful! The entire staff was so accomodating and friendly. Adriana Diaz was an outstanding coordinator who was so patient with all of us. Special attention to the two Arturos who met our every need! Also, Javier was very helpful. The wedding venue was so beautiful and the reception was wonderful. Our accomodations were excellent with full views of the ocean. What a way to wake up everyday! We will have lifetime memories of this "once in a lifetime event"! Thank you so much for the time of our lives!!!
Proud parents of the bride

Room Tip: Try rooms on the oceanside away from construction.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Jerilyn,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful post regarding your daughter (and yours) recent experience at our hotel. You can make sure that for Adriana, the staff and me is a privilege when someone choose our location to celebrate their wedding. There is something special about our lands end terrace that brings happiness and a relax atmosphere that the people just love. I will share your comments with Adri, both Arturos and Javier.
We would love to have your daughter back to celebrate their first anniversary with us, and also we would enjoy to welcome you back in the next future, in order to have more unforgettable memories and timeless moments.