“Great trip, Excellent service!”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Austin, Texas
“Great trip, Excellent service!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had not been back to the resort for about 2 years. I stayed in the new building by the sunset pool. What a great location. Very quit, but fantastic waves.

The service was second to none. Roberto provided great service at the pool. Felix and the rest of the bell boy staff were fantastic. I had a rental this, and was out everyday, so I interacted with them several times a day.

The food service was very good at the pool. I only ate in the restaurant one time. The food and service was great.

The front desk service was top notch. The resort is rolling out a much more robust wifi product. I found business class wifi routers in my suite. I understand they will be introducing a tiered product so that those high business users will be able to purchase the bandwidth that they need. I found the speed to be more than adequate for regular vacation use.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank CM1401
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear CM1401

We are very honor to welcome you back after 2 years, and i am ver satisfied to read that you found our hotel top notch. The building were you stay, B, has 27 units, many of them PH. And the sunset pool is really a dream, with 2 spa cabanas next to it.
I am very glad that you like the service fcrom the staff, specially Felix and his co workers, and Roberto (who just won the employee of the trimester award).
I will also share your comments with our Chef Lucas and his team, and JUan Ramon and all the front desk staff. We are in the process to improve our wifi services for the satisfaction of all our guest. I am sure all of you will like this, but specially, we will continue to do what people love most about our resort: personal service, and lots of smiles while doing our job.

We wpuld love to welcome you back for a 3rd time.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took myself and a group of our very special friends here for my 36th birthday. We stayed for a whole week. We travel a lot, enjoy a good time, and especially appreciate great customer service and amenities. This place spared no expense in ALL areas. It was the trip of a lifetime, my first time in CABO, and I couldn't have asked for more. A special Thanks to Ruben Figueroa in security for making each and everyone of us feel extremely safe in a country that gets a bad reputation for being unsafe and dangerous. He greeted us like family, but took the ut most safety measures making sure that only those were admitted on the property were allowed. If definitely gave us all piece of mind, and we cannot wait to bring more friends back soon! Thank you Grand Solmar for the memories I will treasure for a lifetime.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Trizzi12

We would like to thank you for your amazing post, i am very satisfied to read that it was the trip of your lifetime. We are honor that you decide to enjoy your birthday. at our resort with your boyfriend and friends.

I would personally congratulate our staff member Ruben, who always take care of our guest and do an exceptional job. It is very important for us to remind people that only guest of our hotel can use our pools. We are an exclusive resort.

We would love to welcome you back for a second time, and live again the lands end experience.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friend bought a time share there, before completed. We shared a studio room which was larger than I expected. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept on and linens luxurious. We were on the ground floor, with easy access to pools and Five Star restaurant. The waterfalls, fountains and pounding surf lulled us to sleep every night after watching an amazing sunset. Words cannot describe the staff, from the golf cart drivers, bartenders, waiters, housekeeping, guest relations to the managers. Was obvious everyone loved their jobs and made it their goal to see that each guest was satisfied. I highly recommend Grand Solmar to anyone wanting a get-away to paradise.

Room Tip: The higher floors provide excellent views of Pacific Ocean and sunsets, but the ground floor is easy...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Wanda B
Dear Wanda

From the happiest place on earth, to the most beautiful and relaxing place on the whole world.
We are very satisfied with your comments, all our staff is delighted and as you mention, we really love the job we are doing, creating magical moments for all our guest. Our restaurant offer great experience from breakfast, lunch or dinner. All our sheets are 300 linens and we will continue to improve our amenities and options for everyone.

You can make sure we will welcome you again with a delicious cocktail. just for you.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Much has been said about this resort so I will be succinct:
1. Nobody pushed us on time shares - this was a major plus because we are not interested.
2. The location is the best!!!
3. The views - spectacular
4. The beach is pristine
5. The proximity to town is really great
6. Pool and swim up bar are nice, especially with the adult pools
7. Restaurant is very good
8. Staff is top notch - helpful, friendly and fun.
9. We knew about construction ahead of time so no big deal. We were glad there was none on Sunday.
10. Not a lot of people for happy hour so if you want to mingle, you go into town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan J
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Bryan

I love the way you resume our resort.
It is truth that we always respect our guest vacation and that if you are n t interested in TS, the people of this desk competely understand.
The location is at lands end, next to lovers beach, paradise indeed. The views & beach are unique. We are really close from downtown and the marina, so all the mayor activities are a few minutes from our resort.
We have 3 jacuzzis, 5 pools (4 of them infinity) and in the process to open a new one!; Our Chef Hector Lucas is from Guerrero, MExico, and it is truth what the experts says, when they consider that the best flavors of Mexico are being made at this area along with Oaxaca. A lot of staff members are from this area of Mexico, and we are really proud of them; and they will be very happy with point number 8, lol. I completely agree with you on that one.
The construction next door will be less noisy as soon as they finish what they are working now, but as i always say to our fellow guest, you will love everything that is coming. And i am sure you will keep loving the great drinks we have at ur famous happy hour at the pools. Remember that we ahave an additional happy hour at the lobby vip bar, at 5pm.

I thank you for your comments, i am sure your list can be at any Top Ten list any day now. I really find it interesting and well conceive.

We hope to see you back with all your family to keep enjoying the lands end experience.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just returned from yet another fabulous trip to Cabo San Lucas. We stay every year at Grand Solmar. The resort is still under construction, however it did not have any significant impacts on our stay. The staff are really amazing at both Solmar Beach Resort and Grand Solmar. Sammy (Bellboy at Grand Solmar) is great as always. The rest of the bellboys are also fantastic! This year, as in many previous years, we traveled with many friends (18 this year). Most of the group stayed at Grand Solmar, but 6 of them stayed at other resorts because they could not get a room at Grand Solmar. It was a bit challenging to get approval for our friends/family who were not staying at Grand Solmar to joy us at the pool and order food. My daughter-in-law and her mom stayed at Solmar Beach Resort and purchased the all inclusive. One day (Sunday the 20th) they came over to the Grand Solmar side to spend some time with the whole big group. They tried to order drinks and food and were turned away by the bar staff, and were told they had to order food or drinks at Solmar Resort; even after being told they were guests of mine and I gave them my room number and permission to charge anything to my room. This was very frustrating and unfortunate for my family. It happened again the next Saturday, the 26th of October. We were all leaving the next day, and 4 family members of ours who were staying at another resort, came to spend the last day with us. Prior to their arrival, my husband spoke with the front desk about our family coming over and asked permission for them to use the facilities. We were told no problem, they will just need to provide a credit card to order food and drinks at the pool and as long as they were our guests they could use the pool. When my family arrived, they were immediately told by the bar staff that they could not use the pool. We spoke with the manager (Antonio) who also advised me that my family could not use the pool, they could order food and drinks, but could not swim in the pools. The reason given was that the pools are for guests only and they wanted to make sure there was plenty of room for the guests. The pool was relatively empty on Saturday afternoon as this is a check-in and check-out day. I pointed to the pool and stated to Antonio, its almost empty and you are denying my family (4 people) to join us on our last day of our vacation? I have been an owner for 10 years and brought a great deal of business to Grand Solmar and was very discouraged that this request would be denied. Antonio eventually relented and allowed our guests to stay for the one afternoon, which I greatly appreciated. I also understand and appreciate that the resort wants to ensure a quality experience for their guests. However, we should be given consistent information (front desk says no problem, pool staff say something different) and each situation should be evaluated at the time. Our family guests spent a great deal of money at the resort this one day and had a wonderful time. I am confident they will recommend this resort to others and will stay there next year if they can get a room. Had they been denied access to the facilities, it would have been a different story.
Other than the guest issues, the staff at Grand Solmar was absolutely wonderful. The ocean views are amazing, the workmanship of resort is outstanding. We will go again next year and bring more friends!

Room Tip: I would guess that those that are staying at the Solmar Beach Resort (located right behind Grand Sol...
Dear rinnahgirl

Thank you for your beautiful 5 star review.
I am glad that you can talk with one of our managers as he assist you while you and your friends were at the resort. Of course, we will talk with our staff in order for them to give the correct information to all our guest. Our pools are just for people that are staying at our hotel during the week in progress, being register at the hotel room of their relatives. We welcome anyone that wants to experience our food and beverage services at our bars and restaurant, nevertheless the pools are exclusive to our hotel and owners guest.
This helps in order for our guest to always find a lounge chair available for them in any of our still 5 pools. We will have one more at the beginning of next year.
I am very satisfied that you loved our resort, and that your friends and family members will continue to enjoyed. You can contact us early in advance in order to get reservation for this time of the year and get great deals.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just returned from another amazing visit to Grand Solmar. I feel like family with the staff and the guests. Rooms are beautiful, comfy beds and ocean front. The view and sunsets are breathtaking and keeps me coming back. The food is five star and the staff goes above and beyond to make your vacation special. Thank you especially to Guellermo and Isidro at La Roca. Thank you also to Jesus, Belario, Roberto and Mario at the Grand Solmar pools. They are all top notch. Will see you next year.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful
1 Thank deborahb338
Dear Deborah

Thank you so much for your rewarding, beautiful and full of energy words about your stay with us, our rooms, and of course, your gently comments about our staff including all the bars and restaurant guys like MArio, Jesus, Roberto, Isidro, Guillermo among others. To make your vacation beyond special is something we keep with us and is the force we need to keep improving our services for your next vacation.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a great place. I felt like a queen. This is a new resort in the best location in Cabo San Lucas. The pools and wonderful. The entire staff was very accommodating. I will return. The fitness room is actually at the sister resort, which is just a short walk down the beach, or you can take the shuttle and get there in two minutes. The fitness area is extremely well equipped and very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brooklynn B
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Brooklynn88,

We would love to welcome you back to our resort; i am delighted that we surpass your expectations. In less than 3 years, we have made the difference in terms of service and it is truth that our locatins is unique, the rocks making company of our buildings, and the lands end views that provide a fantastic atmosphere.
In our new phases, we will add a new gym that will please a lot of people, at the moment you can enjoyed at our sister resort (2 minutes in shuttle), or walk down the beach as you mention.
I specially want to thank you for your comments about our staff. They will be very happy with your descroption about their services.
It was a real honor to make you feel like royalty, and we would love to welcome you back in the next few months.