“Above & Beyond Expectations!!!”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Grand Solmar last week and I am going to begin this review talking about the people of Grand Solmar. The people of this beautiful resort is what made our stay wonderful. I have to start with Braulio, Cesar and staff at Brisas Bar pool lounge. These guys were absolutely fantastic and so friendly to the point where my wife did not want to go to any other pools because of how awsome Braulio is and to me that is the ultimate compliment. At the front Bruce, Sammy, Anna and staff were extremely courteous and helpful helping us with any questions. At La Roca Restaurant Juan, Mario, Genisis, Luis and staff made every meal enjoyable. Once again all the people at Grand Solmar from the ones you encounters to those you do not who maintain the grounds beauty all make ones stay memorable.
Now the resort itself. It is called Land's End because it is at the end of the beautiful cove where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. The grounds themseleves are gorgeous from the stone walls to the pools to the sand and cactus gardens the whole resort is beautifully stunning. This resort is a must stay for everyone looking for great service, relaxtion and the sound of the crashing waves. I look forward to returning to Grand Solmar and seeing my new friends once again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCosta0924
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear JCosta

When you resume all in this sentence: "This resort is a must stay" that means a lot to me. But mostly that you decide to begin this revie talking about some member of the staff from the rooms divisions and the F&B división.

I have know Braulio since the very beginning of this Project and he really is top notch in the way he treat people. I really recommend everyone to ask for him and you will see what i am talking about. Braulio and Cesar are also guys that understand the guest and always go above and beyond. What can i say about Sammy, Bruce and Ana? Really some of the most profesional and courteous people i have the pleasure to work with. LAst but not least the people from our restaurant, MArio, JUan, Genesis and Luis, who really made everyones meal a much better one.

I am very glad you get to enjoy the details in our grounds and the infinity pools.

Relax and satisfaction are the words that you will keep in your mind after staying with us.

Thank you again for your encourage words.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have read many of the recent reviews of this resort. As a result, my expectations were vey high. My stay at Grand Solmar not only met my expectations, but definitely exceeded them. I am not a Grand Solmar owner, but I was treated with the respect, care and highest level of attention as if I were an owner at the resort. A special thanks to Juan Ramon, Front Desk Manager, for giving us special attention from the 1st night we were there to our parting goodbye. There are so many people I also want to thank including Pavlo, Emmanuel, Sammy and Bruce. These people love what they do and they do it very well and they are a big part of making our stay so memorable.
The resort itself is simply luxurious. The rooms are richly designed and the view is awesome!! The pools are incredible with beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean. The construction that is going on had absolutely no impact on her vacation. This was definitely one of the best vacations we ever had and we have had many. Thanks again to all of you at Grand Solmar and we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Carol

It is something special if someone that just came back from their vacation time, express that she or he and hiss/her family just had the best vacation ever.
There are really no words for me to express my gratitue to this.
Every single one of our guest is very important for us, and we will continue this always, it does not matter if more room are getting biuld, our person to person feeling, the way our staff attend all our guest needs will not change.
Pablo, Emmanuel, Samuel and specially Juan Ramon are very satisfied with your comments. This guys really make the difference. I have know them from years now, and they represent the lands end experience in terms of service and atttitude.

We would love to welcome you back, and continue to do so.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 children 9 and 14 stayed a week at the Grand SolMar. From the moment we checked in I couldn't get over how BEAUTIFUL the hotel is. The lobby alone is probably the most amazing lobby I have ever seen. Everything is outdoors with infinity waterfalls all around. We had a great room that over looked the pool and the ocean. The infinity pool is awesome. The staff was incredibly helpful, getting towels, drinks, food,anything you could possibly want. The pool side food was really good and they offered daily happy hour with drink specials.
The hotel is very close to the marina and down town for shopping and/or eating. The beach in front of the hotel is a non swimming beach but you can easily grab a taxi and have them take you to Medano beach. If you plan on shopping for food so you can cook in your unit the best place to shop would be WalMart. Again real easy to grab a taxi there and back.
Really close to the Grand Solmar is the Solmar and also Playa Grande where you can take a shuttle to these and enjoy their restaurants and pool or you might enjoy a nice walk.
The only down side to our trip was there is a lot of construction going on right now so it is pretty noisy during the day. If you can get past that then you will very much enjoy this bit of paradise!

Dear Lisa

A big thank you to you and your family for your beautiful comments. We love when families come to our resort and get to enjoy the lands End Experience. With beautiful settings, amazing views, quality service, mexican flavors, location, a very indian/nature/yin-yan lobby and of course, our staff, we really are prepare to provide you with the best vacations possible, that as many people is saying, you did not notice the construction on the other side next to the resort.

Small details make the difference, and here, at our resort, you will find plenty of those.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were guests at Playa Grande, which is wonderful. Doubled our stay to be at Grand Solmar. Now we are owners there! Could not resist. Serene. Fabulous, pounding surf always in the background. The Adults Only pool area is its own oasis. Cactus, surf, birds, sea, service... has it all.

Room Tip: They're all good!

Dear George

I am deeply delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. We thank you with real pleasure your comments. Congratulations for your new purchase, as you mentioned, you have a fantastic and serene atmosphere for years to come.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

As guests of the Playa Grande we were priveledged to use the pool facilities at the Grand Solmar at no additional cost. The infinity pool is heated with a pool bar and spectacular view of the pacific ocean. But right in the middle of this beautiful paradise is the sights/sounds of a construction sight of a large building expanding its capacity for the summer of 2014, (so they predict).Personally I found the construction sounds quite loud and distracting from our holiday ambience.With the sounds of hammering jackhammers in the background, this beautiful,expensive hotel will be a serious contender for guests with expensive budget to stay in the near future. For now I would seriously recommend using the other Solmar hotels which are a lot more quieter.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank stosito
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Stosito,

I want to thank you for your comments. For me it would have been a privilege to have you as one of my guest at my resort. As you mention you were staying at our sister resort.
It is important for me to clarify that the pool facilities are only for guest staying at our resort. We are more tan delighted if one of the guest from our sister resort want to experience the flavors of our restaurants and views. One of the privileges of staying at our resort is the privacy of our pools areas. This is the place where our staff pamper our guest, and treat them like royalty as they deserve, so any noise from construction going on is minimun as other reviews mention. We have more infinity pools close to the lands end terrace where the only noise you heard from the waves crashing on the sand.

Thank you again for your opinion. Hopefully next time we will have you as one of our guest, and being part of the lands end experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed 8 days in the first week of August on the 10th floor in a penthouse with my friend. Four adults and 4 girls ages 5, 4, 3, and 2. There was more then enough room for all of us. The best part was the balcony. It was almost as big as the penthouse itself and the girls loved playing out on the balcony. We opted for the all-inclusive meal plan to make things easier. Food was good, however, we waited a long time for our food to arrive. One night, we waited over an hour and a half before our appetizer arrived. There was only one restaurant, La Roca, for dinner, but on their webpage, they state Don Luis was part of the plan, but it wasn't even open. Hopefully when all the construction is done, they'll have more then just one restaurant to serve the needs of their guest. Other then the long wait for our food, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back in two years when everything is completed.

2  Thank ps98612

Dear PS98612

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. It was really our pleasure to assist you during your 8 vacation days. I am very satisfied that you enjoyed your suite 6004. It is truth that is one of the biggest terrace we have at the resort, and that your Little ones like this área. It is very important for us to receive some feeback from our guest, as this is important for us in order to improve our services. We held a meeting with all the employees and we will do our best to improve our quality services.
We have many plans regarding the restaurants options at our resort that i am sure you will like it. Thank you again for your trust and support, and we will be more tan happy to welcome you back for your next vacation.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We are owners at Grand SolMar Lands End and absolutely love this resort. The beauty of this resort is breathtaking at times. This is our 4th visit in the last 6 years - and 2nd visit since the grand opening of the first phase. The attention to detail is great. The construction is still going on, and can be annoying if you let it. We are anxiously awaiting the completion of the kids pool and the last towers to be finished. We avoided the timeshare update this year and did not get bugged which was great with us. The bell and wait staff are the hardest working guys . . . especially Manny, Felix, and Christian - these guys are the best! At the pool bars, Javier and Raymundo provide service like no other - the concierge Ruben is also fabulous and will help you with anything you need. I will say that since last year - it seems like the prices have gone up . . . for food and drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Diane

Thank you for saying that the attention of the detail that we have is great. Our main focus right now is this, and want to continue to achieve this goal for years to come. For us is very im portant that you let us pamper you so that you do not even notice the construction that is going on next to our resort. As many guest have experience, is not something that will take something from your vacations, and you can relax and enjoy our 5 pools and beautiful settings.

Thank you for your comments regarding our bellboy staff, MAnny, Felix, Cristian and the wait staff Javier and Raymundo. Their service along with the one provide it by pour concierge Ruben is always top notch.

The prices actually are really good if you compare it with other destinations or resorts, and at the momento we have the meal plan offer where you can sabe up to 40%. I really recommend you this option.

We will love to welcome you back for a 3rd time.