“Best customer service ever”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California
“Best customer service ever”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had the best time in my life in my vacation at Grandsolmar ,
I would like to say thank you, to the best staff ever at La Roca Restaurant: Roberto, Freddy, Arturo, Javier, for making my vacations unforgettable . Excellent customer service in all senses

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Wendy S
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Wendy

I am very satisfied to read that you had the best time in your life while being here at our resort.
I will definetly share your comments with all our food and beverage staff for their professionalism and courtesy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (947)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is the second time I have written about Grand Solmar and once again the staff did not disappoint. I am staying here with a friend for a 3rd Year. Today at the infinitity pool there was an incident with a man and his 4 sons; they kept throwing a football, splashing, and acting like they owned the place. My friend and I asked the boys to move and stop splashing us, the father encouraged them to do so. The father also called my friend crazy and said for us to move to another pool, (this was the second day of the poor behavior and we sat at a different area to avoid this family.), we asked to speak to a manager and we spoke with Carlos. Carlos was excellent. Carlos listened, cared we were upset, and immediately followed up. Carlos was not going to tolerate this man bullying us. We saw him talk to the father and explain that the pool was for all guests. He was very calm and is a true professional.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sassy1372
Dear Sassy

I am delighted to hear that one of our ambassadors assist you while you were having an issue with another person. Remember that we are always here for you in anything you need. Our main goal is to be there for all our guest, and that they leave satisfied. I will congratulate our captain Carlos on your behalf.

Best regards,
Lafayette
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Grand Solmar is the best place I have ever stayed. They staff waits on you hand and foot, they literally run for chair to chair around the pool to make sure everyone is equally comfortable and happy. I recommend going to the adult only pool on the Lands End side of the resort and letting Gerardo take care of you. His service is amazing and he can give you all the tips you need to know while staying cabo. Breakfast at La Raca is also very nice. Luis and Jose know all the best place around cabo to see. They can tell you all about them while giving you the best table service you will ever have. The sound of the waves from the pool side beach cabanas is unbelievable. W e can't wait to back here next year already.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the Ocean, I'm not sure if you could pick a bad room.
1 Thank Ben W
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Ben

When a guest of our resort mention that his experience with us was the best they have ever had, or that we are the best place to stay, that is priceless to us. I will definetly share your comments with Gerardo, Luis, Jose and all the wait and room staff. We would love to welcome you back and keep enjoying the sound of the waves at our resort.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Our college girl friend's get away to Grand Solmar was a one of the most beautiful, restful, and delightful trips I have ever made. First, the facilities are world-class. Our accommodations were amazing. The staff, from the driver who met us from the resort, to the concierge staff, every waiter, housekeeping person was dedicated to making our stay at Grand Solmar a world- class experience.
I was especially impressed with the amazing food. We had purchased the all-inclusive program for our meals: this meant all meals, beverages, pool beverages, and alcohol. Everything tasted so fresh and delicious. Each evening we could choose between a theme menu or the regular menu. Our waiters were incredibly well-trained: the Mexican coffee prepared at our table was a delight. Not only was the food delicious, it was also imaginatively prepared and presented. The chef is an artist!
The spa staff, too, was incredibly well-trained. We all received a variety of spa treatments. The massages were amazing, and the wrap was a total experience in relaxation. Having the spa facilities outdoors, allowed this beautiful natural environment to enhance the relaxation experience.
I have been to several all-inclusive resorts, but I have never had the kind of experience we enjoyed at Grand Solmar. What an amazing vacation with my wonderful friends. We are booking a week for next summer!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank margaret l
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Margaret;

Thank you so much for your beautiful words about our resort. It was a real pleasure to attend you and your friends at our resort. All our waiters, concierges, bellboys, spa staff, and housekeeping are delighted with your words. Also our Chef Lucas is very pleased with your amazing comments about the food.

We would love to welcome you back, and let us pamper you again, with a world class experience!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have a fabulous timeshare at Grand Solmar and are so glad we bought here. Many of our friends and family have been treated to the wonderful, attentive staff and striking hotel!

Juan Ramon, manager at the front desk, is the absolute best! He will do whatever he can to help make your stay memorable. His staff is also very friendly and attentive as well. Thanks, Bruce, for the computer help! Ana, a concierge, is also fabulous! She is so warm and friendly....and very helpful!

The spa is something to experience. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage or facial ....listening to the ocean waves.....ahhh.....it's unbelievable!

We spent the majority of our time relaxing at the pools.....our super meseros!!! We want to thank Jesus, Gerardo, Javier, Sabino (mijo), Carlos, Sergio, Guillermo, Fredi,and Braulio. They can't do enough for you! (I hope I didn't forget anyone!)

The bellboys are too much fun and are also very friendly......always more than helpful!

I could go on and on......but the Grand Solmar is THE place to stay in Cabo, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

My husband and I look forward to our visit each year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean view and near a pool, so there really isn't a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Adrienne

What a wonderful review!, it really was a real pleasure to assist you at out resort, and i am realy satisfied that our team staff really did a wonderful you to pamper you, your friends and family.
I will share your comments with Juan Ramon, Bruce, , Ana, the bell staff, Gina from the spa and all the girls, Jesus, Gerardo, Javier, Sabino, Carlos, Braulio, Fredy, Guillermo and Sergio.

We would love to welcome you back on your next holiday!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a very beautiful place. The rooms were incredibly spacious and beautifully decorated. They are in the process of adding on and building, so it's noisy after 8am. The good thing is, you have several pools to go to if you can't stand the banging. My only complaint was the slowness of the food service. All the food took a while-pool bar, room service and restaurants. Regardless of slowness, you couldn't get upset because the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the renovation and near the stone arch
5 Thank Keisha W
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Keisha

It is always rewarding to hear from a guest how a wonderful vacation they have while staying with us. I will definetly share your comments with all our team workers. I also thank you for your observations, we will work on them to provide the excelente service all our guest deserve.

Best regards,
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just completed a week at Grand Solmar and are already looking forward to coming back. From the first moment you arrive the staff does everything they can to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We stayed in a one bedroom master suite and it was jaw dropping - just huge with a kitchen, dining area and living room. The stone patio was roughly 25' across with 2 plush chairs and two reclining chaises. The master bedroom was incredible with a dressing area that led into a beautiful stone bathroom that had an extra large shower and deep tub. We also opted for the all inclusive meal/drinks plan that was very reasonable and paid for itself - it also included discounts on external activities which we took full advantage of with a sunset cruise and an ATV tour - all arranged through the concierge. The only drawback is that construction is still going on at the hotel (it is brand new) which made the center-most pool unusable due to the noise during the day (but the two pools at either end were awesome!). I think it would behoove management to let prospective guests know when this is all going to be completed on the main website. Another bonus is that the resort is 20 minutes walking distance from Cabo and the marina area which is loaded with bars, restaurants, and shopping - Cabo Wabo is right in this area and were fortunate to have Sammy Hagar make a rare appearance the night we went - what a fun place. We fully recommend this hotel and can't imagine staying anywhere else when vacationing there.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice, but make 100% sure you are away from the construction until it is completed
2 Thank CTL123
Dear CTL123

We are delighted to hear that we surpass your expectations and we find extreme pleasure while reading that you want to come back with us as soon as possible. I am very satisfied that you liked our meal plan package along with our ocean view room.

We would love to welcome you back to our resort.