Early April in Cabo San Lucas can be a bit warm, but our retreat at Grand Solmar on the Pacific side offered cooler temperatures by about ten degrees due to the Pacific breezes. Grand Solmar offers unmatched beauty, solitude if you wish, a smiling, outstanding staff and unmatched service. We brought my wife's sister and our brother-in-law, and neither they nor we wanted to leave at week's end.
Silvia's attention to detail with our accommodations (a Master Suite) was superb. The only sound we heard was the crashing of the Pacific waves into the shoreline, even though construction is ongoing. Xail was in her first week of service at the Sunset Pool, and with her warm and friendly demeanor and excellent service, we hope she is with Grand Solmar for many of our return visits. Edgar, the Food and Beverage Manager, was very helpful and attentive in listening to our minor constructive suggestions about how to improve the already excellent food and restaurant options. He had already made tasteful changes to the Roca Restaurant's menu and price structure since our visit last year. Alejandro and Juan were also very pleasant and helpful in performing their duties for us.
Our guests were celebrating their wedding anniversary on our trip, and the senorita at the concierge desk was able to orchestrate a message in the sand at dawn to surprise and delight the second honeymooners.
The exercise facility was not yet available, but is currently under construction in the newest building. However, it is merely a brief jog or ride from Grand Solmar to neighboring Playa Grande's facility.
We anticipate our return visit to Grand Solmar next year with excitement!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos