“Amazing hotel with fabulous views and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa

You added Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av Solmar No 1 - A | Col Centro, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
SUMMER DEAL BOOK NOW
Ranked #5 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Diego, California
“Amazing hotel with fabulous views and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My family has been owners with Solmar since 1998. We were a little unsure about all the changes to this property since we LOVED the old Solmar, after touring the new Grand Solmar we decided to buy a week. I have to say, they couldn't have built a more tasteful and beautiful hotel. I say this even after having some trouble with our timeshare being double booked/sold to another family. Jason, the timeshare sales manager really went above and beyond to fix our unfortunate situation as well as Dulce in reservations.
The staff is incredibly nice, rooms are beautiful, and the grounds are gorgeous. You couldn't ask for a better location. You are walking distance to the marina and downtown if you want to get out and eat, shop, or party it up Cabo style! Afterwards you get to come back to this tranquil oasis that is super relaxing (no venders on the beach or property). I look forward to spending many more family vacations here!
PS The children's club and fitness center are not yet finished, I assume the will be amazing like the rest of the resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and have a view. If you want a sunset view ask for it, otherwise you can hav...
4 Thank Whereto360
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are glad to read that the service and attention to detail was the highlight of your stay.
Our commitment is to provide the best at all times.
Jean Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I visited the Grand Solmar for the first time last week. It was every bit as beautiful and scenic as I had heard it was, and I have to be honest I didn't see how that was possible until I got there.

While the natural beauty of the area and the exquisite decor of the resort itself were wonderful to look at, the best thing about Grand Solmar is without question the people who work there. I've never experienced better customer service and cannot say enough about it.

From the moment we arrived, every single one of the resort employees we encountered were friendly, courteous, helpful and always professional but also while keeping a great sense of humor which made it even more fun to be there.

The entire staff is wonderful, and it almost seems unfair to name names, but I would like to acknowledge some of the employees who went above and beyond the call of duty.

There to make a great first impression were all of the bell boys, who were always there to greet us with a smile and were always willing to drive us in their golf carts. Special thanks to Felix and Cesar, who we were assisted by most often.

Thanks also to Rubin, our consignor, who was always smiling and knew all of the answers to our many questions.

Thank you to the enitre housekeeping staff who keep the place spotless, and to every one of the servers who make you feel like you are their only customer, even when you can clearly see that they have many others as they effortlessly keep up with all of us at the same time.

Special thank you to Sergio and Freddy, who both work at the pools and who both seem to be there all the time and are always smiling, friendly, personable and helpful and seem to be genuinely happy to be there with the guests every day.

There is only one thing that wasn't perfect. There is an area that's still under construction. But there isn't much that they can do about that, and the construction noise wasn't too loud most of the time.

I highly recommend this resort! and can't wait to go back there again.

Julie

Room Tip: every room faces the ocean!
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 Thank Julie D
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Our endeavor is to ensure at all times you have an incredible vacation with us.
Your gracious comments where gladly appreciated by our cordial staff.
Wishing you good health and many happy moments, I remain.
Olathe, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have been staying at Grand Solmar since December 2011. We are convinced that this resort and it's location, can not be duplicated anywhere in the world. The excellent service provided by the bellboys, who are always giving 150%, the excellent service provided by the front desk and their smiling faces, and the wonderful pool bar guys that work their tails off, was over the top and greatly appreciated.
Can't wait to get back there!!!!!!

Room Tip: Building E wouldn't be the most desirable building to stay in, if you are looking for a view....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
6 Thank Denise H
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
You deserve the best so thank you once again for choosing us.
We hope you had a safe return journey.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a great time here and loved the staff that took care of us daily!! (Just to name a few that we got to know and love: Juan Ramon, Braullio, Eduardo, Jacob, Lupe, Cesar) The resort is super clean, luxurious, and walking distance to downtown and the marina. We did the all inclusive package for three of the days we were there and it was totally worth it ($90/day/person). Everyone needs to go find Sangria's downtown and kick it with Roberto! Probably the best tequila shots in Cabo! Smooth tequila served with a great chaser.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank ASH_GCH
Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Grand Solmar is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits.
Gooding, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 2 glorious weeks at Grand Solmar. Besides having wonderful weather, Jason Crosson and the entire staff went the extra mile making sure our stay was memorable. After our daugter tried unsuccessfully to reach us, she became concerned and contacted Jason. He immediately connected with us and we were able to assure her all was well with mom and dad. I call that going the "extra" mile on Jason's part. We love this place -- the private beach, the warm inviting pools, and the friendly staff. All combined to make it the best. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I fail to see how any room would disappoint.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rcthompson
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
It is so refreshing to read that we did surpass your service expectations in full.
You are very important for us so please be prepared to be pampered.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the Grand Solmar today. I am not usually one to write reviews but felt compelled to share my experiences as the reviews here on TA have always helped me in my travel plans. My husband and I have travelled to Cabo San Lucas several times and have always been pleased with where we have stayed but we were looking for something closer to downtown that could also offer some relaxation during the day. I found the Grand Solmar in my searches online and thought that i had found the best of both worlds that Cabo has to offer!!! We had high hopes given the reviews here but unfortunately our experience differed than most. I don't consider myself a complainer or high maintenance but do think that you deserve what you pay for and the Grand Solmar isn't cheap. First,the positives:
1. Friendly and helpful waitstaff - the servers at the restaurants and bars were so friendly and eager to please (especially Omar,Freddy, and Sergio around the pools)
2. Good food and drinks - ate breakfast and/or lunch here daily as well as enjoyed MANY beverages from the pool bar and all were wonderful
3. Good location - enjoyed the short stroll down the hill into downtown and the view of the Pacific (and the whales) were amazing...although I did miss the view of the Arch and Marina from the resort...didn't really feel like Cabo.

Now for the negatives:
1. Room/view - the room accomodations were nice but the "terrace" was more like a cubicle without a view. We where in bldg E, 3rd floor, and could barely see the ocean when outside. Our terrace was an outdoor concrete box with a wall that went halfway up in front of us - when sitting down I could maybe see the tops of trees - definitely no ocean. Not the "oceanfront" views that were promised. When asked to change rooms, the manager said that nothing else was available. Leading to problem 2.
2. Preference given to timeshare owners - "renters" are treated like second class citizens. No rooms were available when we said we were not interested in the timeshare presentation. Once the managerial staff (Antonio & Leonardo) discovered we were not interested in purchasing a timeshare, they were not interested in working with us or trying to meet our needs (even though we had still paid a very high price for our room that was not as described)!!
3. Construction - I knew that the construction was ongoing and didn't think it would be an issue but the drilling/jackhammering was constant and right outside our door. We couldn't even have the terrace door open to listen to the distant ocean waves because the construction was so loud - and they work 10 hours a day/6 days a week. However, not sure when their off day is because we were there Thurs - Mon and the construction was constant. One pool is essentially worthless as it sits right in front of the construction. There are 2 other pools that were open where you could not hear the construction but everyone is around those as choices are limited.
4. BUGS - Mosquitos inside the room that were horrible. I would wake up each day with no less than 10 bug bites on every part of my body that was not covered while I was sleeping (including my face)!!! They fumigated Saturday night - but only outdoors - which did nothing for indoor issue. Packed bug spray but didn't think I would need to apply before I went to sleep!
5. Musty mildew smell - not an issue in the room overall but in the closets. Ample storage space was nice so I unpacked and hung all of my clothes only to pull an outfit out the next day and it smelled so bad of must/mildew that I could not wear it! Had to hang the rest of my clothes outside (guess the cubicle/terrace was good for something) to air them out.
6. Customer satisfaction - although the servers and housekeeping staff were warm and friendly, the managerial staff did not seem concerned at all that our experience was less than desirable. At the end of our stay my husband talked with them and for our inconvenience they offered us 2 margaritas!!!! Seriously, add insult to injury. Talk about not understanding the importance of customer satisfaction or offering customer service....Goes back to the "renters as 2nd class citizens" mentality.

Overall, we tried not to let these things affect our vacation. Cabo San Lucas and it's wonderful weather, food, people, nightlight did not disappoint - unfortunately the Grand Solmar did in a big way and we won't be returning.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
27 Thank Susan S
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We absolutely love Grand Solmar and all the people there. Everything is perfect, from the luxurious rooms, relaxing and beautiful pools, crashing waves, and outstanding service. We have met so many good friends here and love coming back year after year. We are bringing more friends and family in February to enjoy this little piece of paradise we have found in Cabo.

1 Thank Kenna0313
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are thrilled to read we did surpass your expectations while staying with us.
Grey Whale season continues providing a natural show for everyone’s delight while swimming in our carefully heated infinity pools.