WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Tualatin, Oregon
“Relaxing escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Had a great time at Grand Solmar - very quiet, no vendors on the beach. We released baby turtles on the beach and saw the smoke stacks of whales passing by.

We had the best service at the pool - Guillermo was great! His day off was on my birthday and the next day he brought out a little cake that said "Happy Birthday!" and he said I didn't forget.

It's those connections and small touches that makes everything better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sunnybee_mixed
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Our specialty is to share memorable vacation moments that will last forever.
Jean Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
  • Korean first
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have been coming to Cabo for 11 years. I am currently at the Grand Solmar. We own timeshares at the Playa Grande next door and were eagerly awaiting our extension over to the Grand Solmar having watching its construction.
Starting Monday morning at 10:00am came the hammers and the jackhammers and saws. This is audible for all 11 floors of our building and it lasts until 4:00pm. We asked at the Front Desk and were told it would be done by Tuesday. It is now Wednesday and the saws, jackhammers and screaming drills continue to shake our room.
It is extremely hot this week, and with our deck in full sun with no shade, we either need to leave our room or go into town as the room is unbearable with noise.
If I had known the Grand Solmar was in construction, I would not have used my II points to come here.
The hotel is lovely, the staff is wonderful - but 3 days, 6 hours a day of unrelenting banging and room shaking is difficult to overcome when you cannot even go outside to get away from it.
We eagerly look forward to returning to Cabo in 2013 and staying at our home resort the Playa Grande.

Room Tip: Go UP ... the Master Suites are all in the Lobby building. On the 2nd floor the ocean view is obstr...
5 Thank E H
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in near future.
Cordially,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Grand Solmar's staff exceeded every expectation and set a new standard for travel for me. The hotel was super clean, staff was very friendly and willing to help always and the food was delicious. Eriberto & Jose Luis at the bar made the best snacks and made us feel extremely comfortable and welcomed, no matter the time of day. Cristina helped recommend the beach activities and helped us get back in such an easy and enjoyable way. Cabo people were happy to recommend new spots, safe activities and were proud of their town. We got to wake up early to see the staff release baby turtles into the ocean and enjoyed the amazing pools at the nearby hotels. Thank you to all the staff:Jose Luis, Eriberto, Javier, Carmen, Tomas & Vanessa for making our trip the best!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda T
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We appreciate all of your wonderful comments.
Service is an art and we love to share it with you at Grand Solmar.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

OK so we wanted a quite few days in Cabo. We picked the Grand Solmar due to the good reviews on TripAdvisor. Turns out the reviews were right. The facility is relatively new and well maintained. Our room was spacious (Grand studio) with a fair sized mini-kitchen. The hotel is at far south end of the peninsula on the Pacific side. Being on the Pacific side you get great sunsets and crashing waves but no swimming (rip currents). That did not bother us as there were plenty of pools. A short walk to the marina but a long walk to Medano beach if you want the ocean swimming (take a taxi or water taxi). The food in the restaurants were good but not really special. The wine list wasn't bad but not extensive. Service in all aspects was very good. The main negative was the construction. We were on that side of the hotel and there was a good bit of construction noise as well as spoiling the view. In the end the good overshadowed any negatives and we would return especially after the construction is complete.

Room Tip: If not traveling with children try for a room near the adult pool which is also farther from the con...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Service and attention to detail plus a picture perfect Sunset, is a perfect combination.
We all enjoyed your stay with us.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

were at the grand solmar-- nov11-18-stayed in 6609 in a efficiency as a interval exchange. spacious rooms for2-3 adults. working kitchen-large bath area. comfortable bedding and large patio and sitting area. not bothered by construction but did not spend much time in the room.resort was spotless and service in all areaswas impecable and very attentive. not bothered by the time share sales pitch after initial meeting.opted for 4 days all-inclusive during the stay and were not disappointed. ate at all restuarants at the resort and all had varied menu options and the food was great.enjoyed the wine pairing at the don louis rest. 15 minute walk to downtown. rest. downtown were many and reasonable. recommended rest. are mauro shrimp-craczy lobster-dolce pizza, and salvatorres. all close to each other and reasonable and very good. TOOK 1 TOUR WITH RANCHO TOURS TO THE ARCH TO SEE IT , BOOKED THRU HOTEL 10% DISCOUNT
TOOK TAXI TO MEDANO BEACH FOR $10 EACH WAY-- GOOD TO SEE ONCE -SWIMMABLE BEACH,STAY AWAY WHEN CRUISE SHIPS ARE IN. GREAT DEALS ON TEE SHIRTS -GOOD QUALITY-1/2 THE $ AS IN TOWN,BUT YOU HAVE TO BARGAIN-START LOW. USED TRANS CABO TOURS FROM AIRPORT AND BACK ($34)-VERY EASY. ALL INFINITY POOLS HAD GREAT VIEWS AND GUESTS WERE VERY FRIENDLY. OWNERS AT THE RESORT SEEMED VERY PLEASED . hoping to return again from the east coast.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Our endeavor is to ensure we deliver the best possible vacation experience while staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic time staying with the good folks at Grand Solmar at Lands End. We were treated so well by all the staff and the accommodations were perfect and beautiful. The lighting alone at this resort blew us away. Special thanks to above and beyond service : Ana and Reuban at the concierge desk. Deisy and Jose as our servers at La Roca and Los Olias. Thank you and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is inspirational to read that the service and attention to detail during your HONEYMOON
is the highlight of your stay at Grand Solmar.
We would love to welcome you back on your first anniversary celebration.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just returned after a week at Grand Solmar. After reading several of the most recent reviews I must concur with their comments. So instead I will "review" a few other areas that may add/subtract from you decision to visit this outstanding resort.
As always the service was superlative. There are too many names to mention them all but kudos in particular to Reuben, Alana, Fredy, Alanso, Sergio, Guillermo, Victor's x 2, Erica and the chefs at El Roca. Smiles and helpfulness all around!
Now to some items not recently addressed:
1) The Pacific Ocean: On this beautiful private beach, it is red flagged. They have staff who will "red flag" you if you go into the ocean and will follow you back into the resort to find you and have you sign a liability waiver. So if ocean swimming or playing in the waves is your thing, be warned. I do love the infinity pools, I'm ADHD but a respectful swimmer user of the ocean, however, I saw the ocean as a challenge. But that's another story...
2) Family resort vs couple's/adult resort: Grand Solmar is really geared for the older, quieter, reading, relaxing, drinking, conversational guest. Don't get me wrong, kids there didn't have any trouble finding fun things to do, but if playful splashing & noise disturb you, just move over to the adult infinity pool and spa area. VERY quiet. If I still had children under 21 I would opt to use and/or stay at another nearby resort in the Solmar group, Playa Grande. FYI...it's close and it's services are available to Grand Solmar guests, AND the restaurants are included in the Solmar meal plans as well. There are activities galore planned day and evening for adults and kids alike. It's a great alternative...
3) Wi-Fi: I tried to use my HD Kindle and had no success. Hard wired in the rooms seemed to be the best way from what I could tell. Poolside it was sketchy at best. Staff however was great, not charging me for internet use when I needed to get my airline boarding passes.
4) Lobby/Gym/Amphitheater: The full scale plan is not yet completed which is why Playa Grande is still your terrific alternative. I LOVE the Play's lobby, gym, mini-golf and tennis! (That's why you want to get over there whether staying at Grand Solmar or not!) When Grand Solmar is finally completed in 2014, as previous reviewers have stated, it will be remarkable. I have been assured that the lobby/gym, etc. will rival that of Playa! And the Amphitheater, if done right, will be beautiful and should attract world class acts.
And just to let you know I'm not talking out of the side of my neck...I am an owner but I am in no way have any affiliated to the resort. (I wish I was! I need a job...)
Anyway, I have stayed at both Playa Grande (loved it) and Grand Solmar (loved it even more). I could not afford to buy three years ago but I'm glad I did. I have not yet met an unhappy owner. Grand Solmar has so far kept all its promises! I have a Junior Suite but hope to someday upgrade.
I'll be staying at the Playa and/or the Grand Solmar again before the Grand Opening which is slated for 2014. I CAN"T WAIT! It's only getting better (and more expensive...)

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place. Personally, the higher the better, for the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pete l
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
It is so rewarding to read you had such an incredible time with us.
Please let me tell you that we will do our outmost to always accommodate all of your needs.
Warmest regards,