I am finally getting a moment to write a review about the Pierce's most recent stay in Cabo. First, we were excited that our Hawaii timeshare switched companies and we can now trade with Interval - this allowed us to stay at Grand Solmar. This place is everything like the pictures and MORE that you see online. I'll be uploading pics later. Let me start by saying that all great businesses are only great because of the front line employees they have working for them and the front line employees are a direct reflection on the management of a business. Grand Solmar ranks in that GREAT range. We had the best service from beginning to end and everywhere in between. It started with the front desk. Everyone we encountered at this beautiful resort were wonderful but some stood out. Front desk-kudos to Ana and Juan who were always extremely welcoming and helpful with questions and reservations. They were above and beyond and were professional yet personable. The pools - Ricardo, Brauillo, Javier were all awesome. Ricardo got us set up with our unlimited"food and drink" wristbands which was the best idea ever. Armando, Fredi and Sergio at the pools kept our drinks flowing, made great food recommendations and always ensured there was nothing we were without; not only that but they are just really good people. Armando, Fredi & Sergio-thanks guys, we appreciated not only your service but getting to know all 3 of you. Samuel who worked the front of the hotel wth the golf carts was great; we seemed to get him a lot as a cart driver. We even ran into our housekeeper once and she was so nice - I didn't get her name. That is the only thing we might recommend is putting name cards in the room to let us know who is taking care of our room and who we are tipping. Our room was always impeccably clean. Beds are super comfy- the comfiest we have had in Cabo and this is our third visit.
The restaurant food was great Las Brisas was super yummy for resort food. I will have a separate review for La Roca because we had great breakfast and one amazing dinner with 3 other couples we met at the resort. All in all, we already miss the Grand Solmar and the great people who work there. We will be back and we can't wait!
Only suggestions: names of the housekeeper in the room, Ricardo-pls stock the Negro Modelo and maybe market the food and drink wristbands differently. They are the best deal and Ricardo was able to answer all of our questions around them. Just need more details and some "examples to make them more understandable.
Thanks again for providing us with such a GREAT time and for anyone going there, ask for the Armando margarita!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos