“Paradise”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just came back and i am so sad I had to leave. Sergio, Victor, Armando, David, you guys are awesome and made us feel like we were royalty. Can't wait to come back. Place is beautiful and you cannot beat the location. Close to downtown and the marina. Rooms and service are great. Hopefully they will have more restaurants in the hotel open soon.

• Stayed: May 2012
mil081, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Nabiky, it was a great pleasure and honor to have had the opportunity to indulge you the way you deserve.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us at tripadvisor.
Big hugs, Jean Louis

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This was my first trip to Mexico, so I was a little nervous about going. We are regulars to Hawaii, so we decided it was time for a change of pace.

I had no idea what to expect. We traded our timeshare week in Hawaii through interval, which I usually do not like to do if I can't get Westin or Marriott properties. I was a little nervous driving through the town... not into the party scene with kids in tow, but the Grand Solmar was an oasis in the middle of a harried down town scene.

A pleasant surprise awaited. The employees looked crisp in their uniforms. The golf cart that picked us up at the sister hotel was a treat for the kids. The beach is GORGEOUS! My kids were bummed that they could not swim and snorkel in the water, and there is a staff member waiting out there to get you out if you have a tip of a toe in the ocean. That is the MAJOR negative of this resort... and Cabo in general. The walk on the beach is gorgeous and we could walk over the rocks to lovers beach/divorce beach. Really fun, but SUPER crowded and choppy area that you can swim/snorkel. It is worth a couple of hours to see it though.

I had food brought in with a service that went grocery shopping for us. She was great!

The staff at the Grand Solmar was incredible. Reuben started it off with making reservations for me via email. There was a large group of us, so he did a great job organizing that. We arrived and they had fresh margaritas. I was concerned as I looked at the ice, but they informed me that the ice is safe... the water is not. I did not get sick and I have a VERY sensitive stomach. I washed all fruit and veggies with bottled water. My girlfriend was at a different hotel with her family and she was not so lucky, but she had daily tea at the resort and came home with a "friend" living in her intestines. When I filled up the tub to give my daughter a bath.. it was green.. DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!!!!

The pools are gorgeous and WARM. My kids ate daily in the pool and ordered drinks. By the time our week was up, they knew our names, our orders, and I felt genuinely sad to go because I was going to miss the staff. My daughter broke off her barbies leg while at the front desk and they had engineering "doctor" her up. Precious memories.

Even though is was a timeshare, they cleaned our room daily. I HUGE plus.

The other negative was the amount of construction... but that is probably why I was able to get the property through Interval, We just moved to the other pool and didn't let it bother us. Once the other building is built, our view would have been affected in our room unfortunately.

I love the proximity to the town. We walked to go on a sail boat tour, dolphin swim, and dinner. I felt totally safe with our family.

If you go, you MUST eat at Ediths... this was expensive, but the food was INCREDIBLE and so was the service. Great food is also at Salvatores... not expensive, not pretty, but YUMMY!

All in all... I would go back in a heartbeat. Service better than Hawaii, food better than Hawaii, but beaches not nearly as good. Hawaii is easy for us, but Mexico was worth the trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
mil081, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Michelle N, our committed employees will be offering personalized service and attention to detail 24/7. By the way, you are a great fun family.Thank you for choosing Grand Solmar.
Cordially, Jean Louis and staff.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

You can't get any closer to the Cabo area desert rocks (right outside your balcony with open air lobby built right into the seaside rock) and ocean views. This very new property was beautiful and serene, with spacious room suites, porches, and comfortable pools. Best part of the stay was the superb and friendly service. Every resort needs a Samuel ("Sammy"), Manny and Alberto to make their stay memorable!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Carolyn E, we are just behind lovers beach and The Arch on our own private beach son no beach vendors but very close to down town. Our cordial staff is here to please you 24/7.
Sergio, David, Armando, Chef Lucas, Manny, Sammy, Cesar, Anita, Alana, Ruben, Angelina and all of them, do send their best regards. Hugs, Jean Louis

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Many thanks to Braulio and Sergio who kept those Tamarind Margaritas and Sea Breeze's coming. Thanks for the great service and attention to detail. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Thanks to all the bellmen. I don't want to name names for fear of leaving one out. You are all great. The front desk staff is exceptional day in and day out.

The staff in LaRoca are so attentive and work so hard to please. Thanks.

Congratulations Jean Louis for your wonderful staff. You are all the best!!!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the resort. Building 'E' is closest to the construction. The...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mrs. Rigsby, it is always a great pleasure to make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We want you to relax and later take good memories back home.
Please come back soon again.
Cordially, your Grand Solmar staff

Reviewed June 1, 2012

My friends and I enjoyed another wonderful week of pampering and superb service by the staff. Manny, Felix, Alberto, David, Braulio, and many others outdid themselves again to make our stay so enjoyable and memorable. The ambience of the resort and the beautifully appointed accommodations made us all feel very special. Such a beautiful and serene place.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the Pacific - how can you go wrong!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
mil081, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear Rena S, you are our reason for success.
Cordially,
Jean Louis

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We spend a week a year at the Gran Solmar since it opened and prior to that we were guests each year at the Solmar Beach resort. If you visit Cabo San Lucas it is a must that you stay at the Gran Solmar. The service is A1, the best from the arrival greeting,reception,housekeeping,bar and restaurants. Special people like Angelina (reception), Sammy (arrival),Antonio (night manager),at the pools (Juan Carlos, Braulio,Armando). There are too many people to name as everyone made you feel like royalty. The pool area,grounds and rooms were kept up to high standard of cleanliness. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and service. My wife and I highly recommend the Gran Solmar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lon K

Dear Lon K, it was an honor hosting you and lovely spouse.
We are thrilled you had an unforgettable perfect stay pampered by our cordial staff.
Cordially,
Jean Louis

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We just completed our second year at Grand Solmar. We feel this is OUR place and speak of it the whole year round as we anticipate our next trip. We have to leave the staff there to take care of OUR place while we are gone. This last year we decided this resort is where we LIVE and our place in the states is where we work so we can go HOME next year. We have got so close to our family (staff) there and have found ways to keep in touch while we are away. The staff treat us like we are so special, I truely believe they think we are! The atmosphere is peaceful yet fun. Every part of the resort is clean and beautiful, even with construction still going on, you don't even think of it as a bother. We find ourself entertained by it as we relax by the pool. The pool staff really get to know you and what you like which makes every trip to the pools the ultimate pleasure. A big thank you to David who was the best at this! Sammy and Manny were also so fun and friendly as they provided excellent hospitality throughout our stay. Truly all the staff we encountered were at the top of excellence! Can't hardly wait to go back and we are trying to figure out a way to go twice a year.
May I say to happytravels092, you must have been having a bad dream or been at another resort. What you discribed couldn't have fit in here. I have never met any other traveler there that was ever unhappy. The business end of the deal has been very informative and professional. The product that is being sold is well worth every cent that is invested (not spent). Without investing in a program like what is offered we would never be able to continue thru the years to have a place to come to that is of such high quality mixed with the ultimate place to rest and feel at home. Read the other reviews and you will agree, you must of had a bad dream.
Its ok, you sound kind of grumpy anyway and I know we wouldn't want that atmosphere anywhere around OUR resort! Sounds like you need to put your money in a piggy bank and go to the library for your vacation.
To end on a happier note, we are already making plans for next time and we have only been back 6 weeks. We look at our pictures daily and our experience there comes up in conversation often. We are planning for our family and friends to join us there often as we experience the good life over and over.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 6th floor and above. Be sure and ask for a balcony with railing so you can see throu...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
mil081, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear WEHAVECABO, you are very special to us and we love to show it to you.
Big hugs from your Cabo family at Grand Solmar.
Cordially, Jean Louis and team of highly motivated individuals.