This February, we stayed in the Grand Solmar for the first time since our lovely (old) Solmar Hotel was torn down. Despite our initial misgivings about giving up the quiet isolation of the two-story, end-of-the world room at beach level, we had a wonderful time (and now forgive the owner for his dastardly deed :-) The rooms are modern and elegant, from the latest electronics that shut of the AC when the patio door is open to the most modern furnishings (flat-screen TVs and top of the line kitchen appliances and granite countertops (in bathrooms as well as kitchen). The service staff is both friendly and educated; their collective command of English was admirable. Although construction of the 2nd half of the complex is ongoing, the noise was kept to a minimum. Despite its size, the Grand Solmar is gorgeously integrated into its surroundings, both physically and aesthetically: a waterfall spills from a tall rock into a pool surrounded by a cactus garden just a few feet outside to lobby; stairways open to the gorgeous weathered granite pockmarked with erosion holes during the emergence millions of years ago of the 'the just-formed Baja California; boulders and cobblestones, which were once part of the rugged Sierra de la Laguna mountains to the north, now surround the lobby, walkways and pools. Sunrises and sunsets, from patios and adjacent beach, are still as beautiful as anywhere on earth. What's not to like?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos