We arrived at Grand Solmar from the U.S. on December 28th, 2011, and planned to stay for four nights. We had booked our trip in early November, and it was confirmed on December 24th. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that they did not have a room for us, and told us that our only option was to stay at their sister resort, Playa Grande. We took a shuttle with a staff member over to Playa Grande, where he tried to sell us on the mini golf course and lobby bar, as if that was what we were looking for on a vacation. He then took us to a ground floor room, that was dingy and had no view. So though we had planned to have a relaxing vacation at what was supposed to be the #4 rated hotel in Cabo (according to Trip Advisor), we were instead expected to settle for the #22 hotel and its mini golf course. Also, we were told that we would only be refunded $160 total for our whole stay, and that that was the price difference between the two hotels. A quick internet search showed that Grand Solmar was going for at least $200 more a night than Playa Verde. To salvage our vacation, we used a mobile phone to book at a completely different resort, where we had to pay last minute prices. At this point, the only thing we have received from a Grand Solmar is an email sent December 29th telling us to contact the travel site we booked through for a refund. That is it.
I would strongly advise against ever booking with Grand Solmar or any affiliated resort, unless you want to arrive on your vacation, to find that there is no room for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos