I feel I should start off by saying that my wife and I are not owners. But we stayed at the Grand Solmar for a week during the end of October and first of November (after much research.) We knew it was a nice resort going in, but had no idea of how nice the Grand Solmar was. The pictures on the internet give you an idea, but don't do the beauty of the resort justice. The resorts incorporation of the natural rock formations add to the already impressive landscaping. We really enjoyed listening/watching the massive waves crash on the beach from the infinity pools. When a wave crashed on the entire beach at the same time it sounded like thunder on the shoreline, it was an amazing sight to see . One night we stayed in the pools until sunset and it was the prettiest sunset we had seen since we visited Negril Jamaica. We also really enjoyed it being a cash free resort and the private beach was a great plus.
My only complaint would be the construction on the new building. Although it didn't ruin our trip it certainly was an annoyance. We asked to be away from the construction, but we were in building six and every room is affected by the construction in building six by noise or sight or both. The crane isn't bad but one day they were using a gas powered pressure washer that was obnoxious by the main pool. If you are lucky enough to be placed in building 7,8 or 9 the construction won't be an issue. Inspite of this we still really enjoyed Cabo San Lucas and our time at the Grand Solmar.
One tip to pass on was we found out we could walk down to Lands End and with a pretty easy hike over it arrive at Divorce/Lovers Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos