“Amazing Resort - but you have to put your entire suitcase in the safe!”

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Just stayed at the Grand Solmar at Lands End a few weekends ago. We stayed in an absolutely amazing four bedroom suite. Breathtaking views, private pool, private hot-tub and more than enough space for 8 women to relax. The pools and swim-up bars were fantastic as well!

Unfortunately we had a personal item and money taken from our room. I understand that things like this can happen anywhere you stay, but the treatment I received from the hotel management was horrible. I was basically told that anything of value should be put in the safe at all times. I agree with that and of course use the safe for most items, but the safe is not nearly big enough for my entire suitcase, nor should it NEED to be! I have received no response to my follow-up regarding the incident after I left the resort.

Just be forewarned not to bring anything to this resort.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
13  Thank mbfether
mil081, Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

First of all I'd like to appologize if your perception was the one you mentioned in your review. We are truly very much commited to offer an outstanding service so for all of our guest to enjoy an incredible stay. We are looking forward to see you soon again so for us to share with you a little present. Cordially yours, JL

Write a ReviewReviews (3,209)

Reviewed April 25, 2011

My husband and I have been owners at the Solmar for 19 years. We'll miss the old Solmar but we are very pleased with the new Grand Solmar. I love what they're doing with all the rock and the waterfalls throughout the resort. The rooms are beautiful and the infinity pools are gorgeous. The staff are all warm, friendly and very helpful. There was always smiles and they actually had me laughing on many occasions. (especially Manny). Yes there is construction and some mornings were loud but we knew that coming and it's only temporary. Yes, prices have gone up on food and beverage but they have everywhere. Town is close with many restaruants, shops, and bars. The beach is still quiet and the waves are still pounding. The only complaint we have is the music they play from morning to night. It's tasteful but we like to listen to quiet, the birds and the crashing waves. That is what makes the Solmar special. We are looking forward to many years at The Grand! When it's completed....WOW!

9  Thank flyinglow4
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Grand Solmar has lots of potential, friendly, helpful staff, gorgeous infinity pools, great (overpriced) drinks and food. Noisy, dusty construction was a drawback. It was the only place we could exchange dollars for dollars. In town, stores will show you a bill in pesos and dollars, then give change in pesos. We saved the pesos for tips. Only problem: Concierge told us the airline baggage fee was $20.00 dollars, to be paid at the airport. When we checked in at the airport to return home the ticketing agent says "we can only take pesos...242 pesos. The American Express exchange rate in the airport was 10:1 in Cabo it was 11.5 pesos to the dollar. We managed to get home with no pesos. Suggest making at least 1-2 trips to Medano Beach to The Office. An authentic Mexican restaurant, try the Lobster Tacos, with the best Margarita I have ever had! Believe me I have have quite a few. Drinks are 2 for 1 at happy hour. Will go back to Grand Solmar when construction is completed, sometine in 2013.

Room Tip: An Oceanview room is a must...and most are.
3  Thank Sadap0
mil081, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments and suggestions. We truly appreciate them all.
You are completely right by mentioning some occational noise as we still have some contractors for a few more weeks now as they are finishing some details.
Still this gem is fully operational and ready to pamper you when ever you're ready to come back.
With best personal regards, I remain.
Cordially,
Jean Louis

Reviewed April 24, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Grand Solmar. I absolutely love this resort. The location is excellent, service wonderful, and the resort itself is beautiful! Yes, there is a fair amount of construction going on, but I did not find that it disturbed our stay at all. The staff is very accommodating and they do their best to insure that your experience is great! I am already looking forward to our return trip next year!!

5  Thank Stace10462
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We just got back from our vacation about a week ago and i have to say this resot will be one of the best resorts in Cabo. They are still under construction while being open but the service they provide more than makes up for it.. We love great service and that is not always easy to find. They will treat you like a king. I'm sure the reason why they do that is to make up for the fact that they are under construction.

The infinity pools are beautiful and the resort itself is situated behind the famous rock formations. I was drinking my margarita one day with my son feeling relaxed (wink wink) and all of a sudden we spot a whale! A huge one that started giving a show. It was so close! It was amazing! The resort is so close to the ocean you can spot the whales from your balcony which by the way are huge. The drawback is that because of the location you can't get in the beach. It's open sea. The advantage however is you get to see the whales from your balcony or infinity pool as they swim pretty close to the shore. I also saw people fishing from the beach in the morning. Awesome. The marina is also walking distance which is always a plus. We love the bars and the restaurants in Cabo.

I had a great experience at this resort and look forward to scheduling next years trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank dolivares44
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The Grand Solmar is in a very special league in my book. The location is a true natural wonder and the design and construction of the entire place is stunning. The staff truly cares about your experience and is always available for anything. It’s close to town for a night out, or activities in the marina. Family friendly and posh at the same time. There are a lot of choices in Cabo, but this place is on a completely different level than almost all of them. There’s construction going on the next phase, and I was worried about that prior to going down, but it really is out of sight and hardly noticeable. We spent two weeks here. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family