“Great 1st Experience”

Cabo Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class deep sea sportfishing trips in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo's finest luxury fleet takes you to the legendary waters of Cabo San Lucas for marlin, sailfish, tuna, mahi mahi and more.Toll-free, English-speaking customer service, featuring some of Cabo's most experienced captains and crews. Saltwater fly fishing for sailfish and marlin too!
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was our first ever charter fishing experience so we didn't know what to expect. We had a blast on our fishing trip with Captain Arnulfo and 1st mate Victor. Our day started with whale watching on our way to the fishing spot. We landed 3 dorados and the big finale was catching a 100" striped marlin!!! It took about 40 minutes to reel the marlin in, but captain Arnulfo and 1st mate Victor were really great teachers. They let me do all the work and were there to walk me through reeling it in so that we didn't lose the catch.

It was by far one of the best days of my life and was definitely an experience of a lifetime! We look forward to making this a family tradition in Cabo.

2  Thank Crystal T

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Jose, Captain of the Rosy Fish Finder, was an excellent guide. With 38 years in the trade he got us on the water and guided us to the fish for a great day that ended up netting us a great Striped Marlin. The trip was exactly as described and it was perfect. It was easy to self cater and Jose and crew took care of the important details so we could fish.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a blast fishing on the Miranda. Ramon is a Captain that enjoys the hunt and enjoys putting his guest “on the fish!” I have chartered other boats in the Cabo area and have finally found one that I can recommend.

3  Thank Dastarz99
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I went fishing with a skilled crew who did everything they could to get us on some fish. We hooked a couple Marlin but could not get them in the boat. However, we did bring in two Dorado. The boat was comfortable with plenty of shade.

But it was all the little things that were frustrating, the things I wanted to avoid by going to a well-rated web reservation company.

First, I had asked if there was a preferred time to start in my reservation, got no response. So, according to the captain we had started an hour and a half too late. We had a reservation for one boat and were given another, granted it was a bigger boat but we were never told until we were climbing on it, and no way to compare the quality of it to the other boat we reserved . We asked for specific drinks to be pre-boarded for us. Had to ask several times to get confirmation and then they ignored what we asked for and put what they wanted or was cheapest on the boat for us.

Lunch was not worth the $10 up-charge.

Finally, at the end of the day, when we had completed an eight hour tour, the captain said we should really only ever get the half-day and we paid too much for the boat.

10  Thank 859Ray
Johann&Sandra, Owner at Cabo Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Hi Ray, and thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your trip, caught some really nice fish, and that you enjoyed the boat we delivered for you. Those are of course the core things that make our trips great, and I'm happy we did a great job for you on those things.

I'm not sure why though the free upgrade from a 31' Californian to a 35' Bertram was viewed as a bad thing. It is a much larger, nicer and more comfortable boat than you had booked with us, and you mention that it was comfortable and you enjoyed it. You paid $325.00 less for the Bertram than you would have if you had booked it straight away, so I'm frankly incredulous that we were knocked down in your review for providing it for you for free. I would love some feedback from you directly on that because I'm totally confused where we went wrong on that. We thought that was a really nice thing to do for you guys and it apparently backfired on us.

The reason for the upgrade was that the boat you had booked had last minute mechanical issues that morning, so we scrambled to get you on the water and not have you disappointed, even eating a considerable chunk of change in the process just to deliver a great experience for you. There is nothing we can do about these type of mechanical issues, they happen from time to time as they do with any motorized vehicle, all we can do is deliver the best possible service, which I believe we did in this case for you.

We received your reservation with a note in the comments box asking us to have you start at the best possible time. You had booked for 8:00 AM but due to your request we confirmed you for 7:00 AM instead, which in our view is the best possible time. Again, we were responsive to your interests, and though we could have specifically explained that we changed the time due to your request, I think that we served you well in this regard too.

I can't explain the captain's comments - 6:30 AM is the earliest we can even start, so how that 30 minutes would have been an hour and a half too late is indeed puzzling. Equally puzzling is the comment that you paid too much, since you paid $325.00 less than retail price for your boat - how that could be too much is beyond me. That you should only book a half day is even more puzzling because as any fisherman knows, more time on the water means more chance of catching fish. We were one of the first companies in Cabo to even offer half-day trips, and that is only to provide an option for our guests arriving on cruise ships. I can only think that maybe there was a miscommunication between you two - after all English is a second language here - because I can't even rationalize any possible reason for those comments. They don't make any sense.

The marina store that morning did not have the drinks you requested, so we could not fulfill your request. We are subject to availability and of course we try to fill your requests, but if the store doesn't have them then there is nothing we can do. It was for sure not for the reasons you have assumed in your review. Lunch was exactly as described on our website, so I'm not sure if those items were not worth $10.00 why you ordered them from us instead of bringing your own food, but all our guests are welcome to bring whatever you like if the standard "box lunch" provided on ours and all fishing boats in Cabo is not what you want to eat.

It seems to me Ray that the miscommunication with the captain about his comments put a damper on your attitude toward the trip, and about the services you received, which caused a series of misinterpretations and assumptions that were not favorable. I think if you had not felt "jipped" by your captain's comments then you would have seen all of this in a very good light. After all you had a great trip, caught great fish, enjoyed your boat, and got a really nice free upgrade that you hadn't paid for. We delivered everything as advertised, and ensured you started at the best possible time. I can see perhaps these things were not communicated well to you, and that maybe is where we can improve for next time.

Thank you for fishing with us, and I just hope you read this so that you can perhaps see this trip in a very different light - this to me was a great trip for you and it is really sad that you walked away feeling that it was anything else. We are constantly working to improve our already excellent services, so this gives us something to work on so that future guests don't leave a great trip feeling like they didn't have one simply because of insufficient communication from their crew.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

What an amazing day. We caught 7 durados, almost a wahoo, and saw a marlin jump right next to our boat. And then there was the crew who were so much fun, yet they worked hard for us to have an amazing time. One of our party had been on fishing trips in Cabo before with other companies but admitted this was far and away the best trip ever. I almost started feeling sorry for the fish -almost.

4  Thank cattinaround
Johann&Sandra, Owner at Cabo Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

So great to hear! Thanks for the wonderful review, we really appreciate it. Our crews do work so hard every day to show our fishermen a great time, and it makes us so happy to read that their hard work really paid off for you. This will be a memory you won't soon forget, and we are so happy that we could be a part of it. We look forward to fishing with you again soon!