“Fun Beach, Vendors & Swimming”
Review of Medano Beach

$70.00*
Los Cabos Arch and Playa del Amor Tour by Glass-Bottom Kayak
Ranked #11 of 109 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: This beach is famous for its soft white sands and warm, calm waters perfect for swimming and snorkeling.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Fun Beach, Vendors & Swimming”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Medano Beach is fun for Vendor shopping and also nice to swim in the Ocean. Just a short water taxi from El Arco!

1 Thank karalyn84

Minnesota
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best beach in Cabo”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Medano Beach is protected from the strong undertow and crashing waves that you'll experience elsewhere in Cabo. You can actually swim at Medano Beach without the fear of drowning.

Elk Grove, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great beach but too many vendors”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent time on the beach while staying at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos (Blanco). On our last night we walked up the beach and found a great little restaraunt for dinner on the beach. Very nice place to hang out.

Calgary, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Heading Back to Cabo San Lucas!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Well...In about 4 weeks my family will be heading to Cabo San Lucas for our annual Christmas Vacation. We have been making the trip for over 18 years now and Here is what I am looking forward to:
I Love the 30-40 minute taxi ride from the airport near San Jose del Cabo into Cabo San Lucas. It is restful and the scenery is GREAT! Fighting our way out of the main airport terminal past the timeshare seller's is always a little bit stressful-even after all these years, however, it is what it is-just Don't make eye contact or acknowledge any of the aggressive sales people offering friendship and free cab rides or other gifts or you'll be sucked into the vortex and next thing you know you'll have signed up for a "short" timeshare presentation (short is usually a wasted day, and on precious vacation time, that can be terrible). Book a private shuttle prior to your departure then upon arrival at SJD head straight outside the terminal to where the shuttle should be waiting. I can easily state that I have never been forgotten by a shuttle...It's the least stressful and most reliable way to get to your hotel or resort...Incidentally if you have a shuttle waiting, you will avoid the long check-in lines that occur when the busses start arriving in San Jose or Cabo San Lucas.
We have Christmas/New Years weeks at the Pueblo Bonito Rose. The resort is on Medano Beach-walking distance to EVERYTHING and one of the BEST locations in Cabo San Lucas on a section of beach that is safe for swimming! There are a number of gorgeous resorts on Medano Beach in different price ranges and if you want to swim in the Sea of Cortez you may want to consider one of the resorts on the beach, otherwise you will not be in a resort with a safe swimming beach. The Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach for example is Beautiful and is set up and down the cliffs with a Dramatic view and gorgeous pools, BUT you cannot walk into the marina or shopping/dining areas and you CAN NOT swim in the Pacific Ocean as there are dangerous undertows and rip tides. Remember when booking to decide if you want the View and a Quieter vacation or a swimming beach and easy walk to nightlife, dining etc.
The Pueblo Bonito chain has just started offering an optional All-Inclusive program. It is worth every nickel! You can eat at any of the restaurants at either the Rose or the Blanco next door (if staying at either the Pueblo Bonito Rose or Pueblo Bonito Blanco) and the food is EXCELLENT...also many premium brands of alcohol are offered in the program...The one reason to not buy the all-inclusive may be the fact that Cabo San Lucas has some AMAZING restaurants-So many in fact that I used to have to make a list prior to going to Cabo and then decide which restaurants we would eat at nightly. I really Miss Casa Rafael's (closed 2 years ago to make way for a resort...)and I Miss the Stop Light Restaurant (had the best bread pudding I've EVER eaten)...BUT one of our first stops will be Felix. It's not terribly fancy and when you get to it, it may not be busy, BUT, for delicious Mexican food and a HUGE salsa bar, and friendly atmosphere, it should NOT be missed. We go there at least once every year. It is located on Hidalgo St. and is surrounded by many other fantastic restaurants-most of which will have lines, while Felix may be virtually empty...Don't let that fool you. Also on Hidalgo and a MUST to eat at is La Dolce for Delicious Italian food. Other Cabo San Lucas Favorites are Salvatore's, Mi Casa, The Heart of the Artichoke (just opened in 2011 and very good), ACTUALLY...There are SO many restaurants that are excellent it's hard to find a bad one and the price ranges vary from reasonable to outrageous. Half the fun for me is finding a new gem that I haven't tried before!
Cabo San Lucas is known for its' nightlife...San Jose Del Cabo is more quiet. It's not uncommon to spot celebrities, as Cabo San Lucas is a favorite spot for jet setters and it's fun to walk along the Marina and shop in the HUGE Mall and view the Mega Yachts of the Rich and famous docked in the Marina. If it sounds like there's never a dull moment in Cabo...That's because there isn't! It's kept the interest of my family for nearly two decades and my 18 year old son and twelve year old daughter are as excited to return to our annual Christmas destination as both My wife and I are! I just wish I was there RIGHT NOW!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Jim A
Highland Park, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you are not looking for a quiet oasis this is it”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Medrano beach is the heart of all things commercial in Cabo. There are the bars with games, loud music, relentless vendors selling everything from cheap jewelry to hats and blankets. The swimming is great and it is fun for people watching. The farther down the beach toward the marina it is quieter. Our condo is at Cabo villas and and we are smack dab in the middle of it. I can usually make it through one day of the constant music and relentless selling. But having said that if you like high energy, a beautiful view, and warm water this is the place.