“Great little beach to go swimming”
Review of Chileno Beach

Los Cabos Luxury Snorkel and Lunch Cruise
$70.00*
Los Cabos Snorkeling Tour to Chileno Bay and Santa Maria Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: The clear turquoise waters makes this beach a great snokeling and swimming area.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Pack a picnic and get there early to find some shade under one of the palapas. This little beach was fun and beautiful. The current might be too strong for the little ones to go swimming so keep them on shallow beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you’re staying in San José del Cabo and looking for a safe swimming and snorkelling beach not too far away, this fits the bill. We went by car, but you can also take a bus from the stop opposite the Mega store in San José. You’ll be on the opposite side of the highway from the beach so you’ll have to use the underpass when you get off, but you’ll be on the correct side of the highway for the return trip.

From the parking lot, a boardwalk leads to the main beach, which has free palapas and well-maintained toilets, but there are other bays that you can walk over to if you prefer fewer people. A map beside the boardwalk shows the layout. We snorkelled around the rocky area at the right-hand side of the main beach, pretty much directly in front of the boardwalk, and saw quite a variety of colourful fish, big and small, plus an eel. You don’t have to go far from shore or even to wear fins; we just drifted around with masks and tubes.

We arrived late morning, around the same time some of the tour boats were there, but they weren’t disruptive – no blaring music or anything like that. In fact, we might have lucked out because one of the guides was feeding the fish where we were snorkelling, which attracted quite a concentration – way more than we would have been swimming amongst otherwise.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went snorkeling on Cabo Escape the food was excellent the drinks, the atmosphere wonderful...only thing I didn't appreciate was one of the staff members trying to forcibly throw me into the bay. I have MS and my brain needs to think before I do anything, so he became frustrated when I said no and yelled for me to go to the other side. A nurse was a guest on board and she told me to take all the time I need. I only needed five minutes and i was in the water. I love snorkeling and fed the fish tortillas.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Loved the location, the ease of access, and the cleanliness! We were there super early, and no one was there, so the bathrooms were locked, but other than that, the visit was great.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visited Chileno Beach in December 2013. It is a wonderful place for all, including children to safely swim and snorkel. The park itself in meticulously maintained and clean, with clean, modern public washrooms on site. It appeared that they were constructing more boardwalks in an effort to make the beach park wheelchair accessible, which really impressed us! Everyone should be able to enjoy this beautiful beach! The fish were plentiful and easy to see in the clear, clean water, even if you were just standing in the water thigh deep. A great beach for children! Be sure to pack some water and snacks as there is no place to purchase anything. This place is a real gem.

3  Thank Heath3646