“Heaven in Mexico!!!”

Plainfield, Il
“Heaven in Mexico!!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Beautiful resort!
There are no TV's in the rooms...believe it or not....we didn't miss TV!
Very relaxing. Lovely pools and beautiful beach!
The sun shines every day and because there is no humidity you can sit out all day and enjoy!
Ocean is gorgeous!
The staff is very accommodating, treating us like family!
We enjoyed a delicious dinner on the beach many nights. Tables were set with colorful tablecloths and candles. Wonderful!!!!!
I would go back to Club Cascadas de Baja every year if I could!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mary Lou R
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your 4-star review! We are happy to read that you enjoyed our pools, beach front location, and friendly staff. The restaurant adds a nice touch with the colorful tablecloths and candles and it’s great you think so as well. Thank you again for choosing to stay at Club Cascadas and we hope to welcome you back to Cabo in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The positives of Club Cascadas are the friendly staff, located on Medano Beach, and a short walk into town. The prices for drinks were very reasonable and the activities pricing was good. The property has a nice layout and their villa concept is unique.

The negatives of the resort are ants, ants, and more ants. We made the mistake of placing some items we bought at the store on the kitchen counter and a couple hours later they were covered with ants. They sent a maid to reclean the counter area, but that obviously didn't get rid of the ants. The manager told us two days in a row that they were going to spray are room but we don't think they ever did. The appliances were very old and the toaster didn't work properly. When you check in make sure they don't give you rooms 301 or 302.

The bottom line for us is this resort is in dire need of being remodeled. It's one the first resorts in Cabo and it's time to put some money into it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Kevin G
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. We're very sorry for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay. Your feedback is important to us so we can address these issues with our management and housekeeping staff. Hopefully, you still enjoyed your trip and you will give us another chance in the future.
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the most relaxing places I have ever stayed! I actually learned that I didn't have to watch the news every night! There are no televisions which turned into a great thing! The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to be courteous and friendly. I would definitely stay again! Some of the people I met have been going for 25 years and now there are 3 generations following the tradition!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pamela S
We are so pleased to hear you had a great time staying with us. We look forward to your next visit to Cabo!
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Where to start? So many things went wrong while at Club Cascadas. Four months before our trip, we contacted Club Cascadas to change our room from a one bedroom to two bedroom. They said there were not any available. Really? Four months ahead of our trip and you don't have just one room open for us? Once we arrived I asked and they said no but to ask in the morning. I went to the front desk the next day and without even checking I was told there were no two bedrooms available. I asked each morning and no luck. Our sofa bed was horrible! It was bent down the middle so when either of us moved during the night we would just roll into the middle of the bed. Ok, we just dealt with it being uncomfortable all week because we were clearly not going to get a two bedroom.
The day after arriving I had to tell the front desk about all the ants in our room. They were all over the kitchen and bathroom counters. The offered to spray our room but they were back by that same night! There excuse was we're in a jungle. Uhm, last time I check we were not in a jungle. This property was build in the 70s and it's stuck in the 70s too. They need to remodel. There is a large gap under the enterance doors and the ground plus the windows are just open bamboo with a net. Those don't help keep bugs out, duh!
I also had to ask for our floors to be mopped. I couldn't walk around without shoes because it was so dirty and sticky! There was a huge sticky spot next to my sofa bed. Another reason for the ants... poor cleaning.
We were to their social for their guest to mingle. I waited in line to get in. Once I got to the front a grabbed one of the sharpies on the table to write a name tag. The employee working the table grabbed the sharpie out of my hand and gave it to the next guest in line. Excuse me?! That was so rude, my jaw dropped and my boyfriend was in shock too.
While my boyfriend loved their 2 for 1 beers, I don't prefer alcohol so I ordered non-alcoholic drinks. I kept getting charged for alcoholic drinks which are double the price! Once I brought it to the bars attention, they argued with my that my drinks have alcohol. I kept explaining I wasn't getting mine with alcoholic. The waiter did make a mistake and brought me one with alcohol and I had to ask him to remake it. That wasn't my fault therefore I shouldn't have been charged because the waiter made a mistake. The bartender and waiter kept arguing that they brought me a drink with alcohol which is why I was being charged that amount. Again, not my fault the waiter made a mistake and that still didn't explain my over charge for my non-alcoholic drink the day before too. Later that night I spoke to resturant Caption(assuming that's like talking to a manager). He actually told me he had to speak to his waiters tomorrow because if they made a mistake then they have to pay for it. Are you kidding me?! No employee is going to admit to their boss they made a mistake so take it out of their check. This was another example of how money hungry this place is.
I don't want to keep running on so I'll cut it short. This place isn't for young couples. It's boring and run down. We went with my grandparents who have a time share at Club Cascadas. Basically, this place is good for seniors and families with children who just want to lay on the beach all day or swim in the pool. Other than that, there is nothing to do.
Also, be AWARE of the taxi scams. Cascadas gets profits from each taxi ride they get for guests which is why it cost $8(plus tip) to go half a mile...literally! We went to Walmart and it's only about half a mile away at most. Our last day there, we discovered these buses that stops in front of Cascadas that costs $1 a person that goes to Walmart and town. That would have been nice for the front desk to tell me that when I asked what the cheapest way to travel everywhere was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Rebecca H
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Rebecca,

First, thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate your open and honest feedback, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. Your concerns have been addressed with our Resort Operations team to ensure this situation is avoided in the future. Our Director of Resort Operations will be reaching out to you personally as well.
108 Mile Ranch, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2014

One of our family members had a accident while we stayed at Cascades and required medical attention. The staff were first class all the way. We actually received better service in Mexico than we would have back home. It was incredible how quick the staff of Cascades reacted, from the front desk people, to the security guard that drove us to the hospital, or the Client Services Manager that drove us home.

After we arrived at the front desk of the resort to seek attention, we were in a vehicle less than 5 minutes later on route to a clinic. When we arrived at the clinic, the Client Services Manager was there waiting for us. He guided us through the whole process, waited while we received care, stick handled the language barrier, and drove us back to the resort in his own vehicle.

Cannot say enough good things to how the staff of Club Cascades reacted and helped us during this inconvenient situation. Exceptional service!

See you next year :)

Room Tip: We've stayed in several of their rooms and they're all good!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ryan C
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff is more than happy to assist during these type of unfortunate circumstances while on vacation. It is great to hear you felt very comfortable and at ease with our staff and Client Services Manager at the clinic. Hopefully, you were able to enjoy the rest of your trip in Cabo! We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

First time staying here and we were very pleased! We were in the main building room 212 which is at the end of the corridor. At first we requested a different room because this unit had no views from a closed-in porch. Nothing was available so we decided to stay put. Glad we did...our unit was the most updated on our floor and was just beautiful! Excellent daily maid service. We did the walking tour with Angie the first day and she had some excellent recommendations for local fish tacos. Also took the Ceviche cooking class from her and loved it! We were very happy to exchange into Cascades de Baja!

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Lori L
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We very much appreciate your kind words, and positive feedback about the staff. We also very much appreciate your business, and look forward to being of service to you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is our home away from home! We love everything about this resort! The villas (which we have stayed in Porfin, Escondido, Arco, Perlita, Bahia, Casa Del Rey, Villa Cortez and Villa Sol!) All the villas are excellent, clean and very comfortable.

There is as much to do if you want to or if you just want to sit on the beach/pool. We have gone for numerous years and have purchased several different villas. We are always excited to go there...we know it will be an absolutely wonderful vacation!

We have gone to the spa and have had a wonderful experience each and every time! We have used the concierge with excellent prices and very accommodating! We have walked into town, gone to other restaurants, but our favorite is to have dinner delivered to our villa! That is soooo special! The meals at the restaurant are excellent!

The staff has become our family - really! We go to their homes, visit with their families, watch their kids play soccer, enjoy meals with them. They are our family!

The front desk staff - WOW! These people are caring individuals. They want everything to be the BEST! When my daughter had an ear infection, they called the dr, they got the prescriptions, etc.
I feel much better knowing that these people are there to help with whatever we need.

The sales staff are no pressure sales...they visit with us over lunch, let us know what is available...tell us about the enhancements around the resort. They don't hassle us....if we are interested we find them.

The resort as a whole is the BEST family vacation!

Room Tip: The villas throughout the resort are very relaxing!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mbethfrazier
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Club Cascadas de Baja, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! Your comments about the staff are also much appreciated and will be shared with the supervisors as we pride ourselves on superior customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Club Cascadas!