I became enchanted with Club Cascadas when a group of friends and I went down to Cabo San Lucas to celebrate our birthdays 15 years ago. The property was fun and funky, with river rock and bamboo bathrooms (perfect for Fred & Wilma Flintstone) and bug netting over the bed. I remember having a lovely time, and sinking my feet in the warm sand as we had dinner on the beach overlooking the famous rocks of Cabo. I always wanted to go back to Club Cascadas, and in December 2012, I got my wish as my husband and I went down to Mexico to celebrate the holidays.
But much had changed in the 15 years since my last visit. We were assured that we would have a room with a private outdoor jacuzzi, but when we checked in, we were rudely informed that wasn't going to happen. The front desk manager was about as inhospitable as anyone I've ever seen at a hotel or spa; his manners were more like a club bouncer than a person whose job it is to welcome guests. We wound up being assigned a room with a door so warped it took two of us to push hard enough to open it. There are no telephones in the room (no television or radio either); we had to keep going outside to find a phone to call for maintenance. Club Cascadas kept promising to change our room or send someone to fix the door, but in a week, nothing was ever done. The hotel also proudly boasted that they had wifi services throughout the property, but again we couldn't get a connection anywhere. When we complained, the front desk told us they would alert their engineer, but that problem wasn't fixed either.
My husband and I love Mexico, and know that tourism is important during these rough economic times. We also love offbeat and interesting places to stay, rather than the typical big box hotel. But treating guests rudely, and ignoring requests for needed room repairs is not a way for any hotel to encourage repeat visitors. While we hope this charming property gets its act together to provide service and hospitality, we won't be going back to Club Cascadas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front family friendly resort good for all ages. Two large pools, beach front restaurant, tennis, spa, mini market, 24 front desk and security, hi speed wifi. Villas range in size from one to six bedroom. On the safe swimming beach a short walk to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Club Cascadas de Baja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Cascadas De Baja Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Cascadas De Baja
- Resort Cascadas De Baja
- Club Cascadas De Baja Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Cascadas Baja Club