“Great again and again”

Club Cascadas de Baja
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our last visit was our tenth. We have stayed in four different villas. We have most often stayed as a couple, but also with extended family. Let me tell you that EVERY one of us looks forward to returning each year. We have visited in multiple seasons... spring, summer and fall. Each season has it's own special attraction. As a couple, we personally prefer the fall when we can enjoy the thunderstorms next to the sea. It's a different calming experience. Since our family members all love Club Cascadas, we purchased a lifetime family membership in a larger three bedroom villa. Over the last decade, we could have gone many other places with this membership... but we always come back to Club Cascadas de Baja. That takes a special vacation place, especially coming from a family in the vacation rental business in California. Club Cascadas is truly the most relaxing and accommodating private resort property in Baja.

Room Tip: This is truly the vacation place to relax and unwind
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Papa Donato

Reviewed July 8, 2012

First disclaimer: we are owners. Otherwise, my family could not find a better place to vacation. The Club is the dream of architect Edward Giddings. The idea was a fishing village among luxury beach strip hotels. Giddings created a most beautiful property.Very spacious villas, good food, efficient and responsive staff. The value added for kids and family are excellent. The AC in the bedrooms is barely adequate, but other complaints are few (like cheap toilet paper stiff towels). Come, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: The more you spend, the better the location and space. The hotel in the main building is fine but to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bloodman33
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This resort was truly amazing and would suggest it to anyone wanting a truly relaxing time! The resturant has incrediable food with a great view of the Sea of Cortez and Lands End! If partying is needed, a short walk down the beach is required and then return to solitude! The staff was very pleasant and helpful in every way. They offered classes in Spanish and lessons in making pico de gallo and guacamole (like the resturant makes). We have tried to make both since returning and are still working to perfect the mix. Activities are within walking distance outside of the resort. I cannot say enough and cannot wait to return. I have not even taken any Prilosic since visiting the resort!
Bring alot of $1 & $5 dollar bills as you will be tipping almost everywhere!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Gr8mopar
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here with 2 of my girlfriends for my 40th birthday. My friends sister got us a deal through her timeshare consolidation service. As many others have said, it is not a young person party place, and if I go to Cabo again, I'll definitely stay somewhere with a younger clientele. Everyone, staff and guests, was very friendly. The rooms were clean, housekeeping was great (did our dishes every day, thanks!), and we especially loved the palapas on the beach. We had no problem getting one every morning even though we were definitely later risers than most guests. It's a short walk on the beach to the heart of town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lgtahoe
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I first went to Cascadas in 1995 and had picked it out of a travel brochure. We rented a ground level one bedroom unit and walking in for the first time I thought "I'm paying how much for this per night". Within three days both my wife and myself loved the place. Family orientated, quiet, great location, fantastic service. We talked about buying a unit but thought what if we don't want to come back to the same place every year - so we rented for eight years! Wise move - not necessarily as I could have paid for the unit 3 times over. We ended up buying a Margarita unit, which is a two bedroom top floor unit and absolutely love it. For those looking for a rollicking, wild time in Mexico this is not the place but if your looking for a peaceful oasis to relax and enjoy the best that Mexico has to offer - this is your place. This isn't the Four Seasons but I far prefer the relaxed casual atmosphere that Cascadas offers.

Room Tip: Our unit is south side with a view toward the water; also our own hot tub on the deck which is great...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This place is amazing. It is the cleanest resort I have ever seen with attention paid to even the smallest details, including keeping all the walkways free of sand and the sand raked. The restaurant on the beach has amazing food that is not just tasty, but some very healthy options also!! The acapulco style ceviche is to die for!!! We took our 4-year-old daughter with us and she had a wonderful time in both pools and the kids club where she could make crafts and have a little down time. We do not own a timeshare here..... yet. :-) we will definitely try to return!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trishve
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I've been coming to Cascadas with my dad since I was 18. 20 years later, it's still beautifully maintained, quaint and relaxing. A gem amongst the mega hotels on the beach. I'll be sad when the timeshare ends, but until then, I'm going to enjoy going every chance I get. The thatched roof units, some with their own pools/hottubs are amazing. Try the tortilla soup at the restaurant - it's my favorite in Cabo.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family