“RV'ing in Cabo”
Review of Club Cabo Inn

Club Cabo Inn
Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are travelling the Baja in a RV and sites in the Los Cabos area are very sparse. We checked out the 3 in the area and chose to stay at Club Cabo. Great location, very safe, and has all the services we need. Irene and Martin are like B&B hosts. They visit with you, provide local information and are very accommodating. The pool was clean and cool, and the sauna shower was great. We stayed a few days, then left to travel the east cape, returned to Club Cabo and Martin let us wash our RV with his wash supplies for $4.00. Considering Los Cabos is the most expensive area in Mexico, we felt we got good value. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg L

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is deffinetly NOT as advertised here. It´s NOT on the beach (you have to walk for at least 15 minutes in a dirt and sand road, with almost no light at night). The "campground" is in fact the parking lot, full of sand and stones and it seems that it´s cleaned once a month. The charge is abusive for the service (I paid US$10 per person per day to sleep in this "campground") and what you get is the floor to sleep, hot shower and, WHEN IT WORKS, wifi. The bathroom is dirty and in not good conditions of use, the owners not even give you toilet paper, the only good thing is that at least the toilet flush works, Although of this, the dutch owner, Martin, claims to have the best campgroud in all Baja California. Well, I´ve traveled all the Baja and I can say, for sure, this is one of the WORST campgrounds I've stayed, for the price it charges. Talking about the owner now: he keeps trying to take every money he can from you, sometimes even changing the price both agreed in the beggining. He is also very rude and unstable. Obviously, he will respond to this review saying it is fake, since I'm not putting the exact date of my stay to guard my integrity, or he will say this review doesn't reflect the reality, as he does to every bad review he receives. For this I'm uploading to trip advisor, along with the comment, pictures I've taken of the place, to prove I'm real.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bruno M
bajaconsultant, Owner at Club Cabo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

There you go again as ronald reagan would say hiding behind your email so we wont find you to confront you about your erroneous lies you cant hide we already know who you were we recognize the shirt you hung to dry and forgot and later came back for before you left town . these 3 teen agers who stayed here NEVER had a complaint about anything while here and they were here with us a long time ago many months ago or more how childish to complain about the price of only 10 dollars to camp and have fun at the beach while we watch over your camp site so you wont lose your stuff and then also when they went drinking at night . if you cant afford to camp in cabo for 10 bucks per day just stay home with mom ...
ps notice they said [ hot shower ] thanks for that compliment and no toilet paper in the bath room thats because they didnt have a towel and used my toilet papaer to dry their hand on ..hmm and on and on

Reviewed February 2, 2013

An RV park in Cabo told us about this place and that is how we ended up there. Don `t think there are many places to tent camp in Cabo. The biggest pro for this place is the location. You are within a 15 minute walk to Medano Beach and ½ hour walk to the marina. Great location!
You are camping in the dirt so the setting is not why you would be here. The washrooms and showers are good and there is a pool full of water. The place is very pet friendly so we were right at home with pomeranian Spud.
The cons would be the cost - at $25.00 a night, I felt it was a little steep although this is Cabo and nothing is cheap except for the booze. Don`t expect a lot, but it is safe and secure, right in the heart of the action and the owners are nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chris Lori S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My traveling buddy and I were looking forward to camping here based on the club cabo website. We struggled in finding it down a long sandy road. Martin, the owner , was surprisingly aggressive and offputting. We were about to stay but we felt incredibly uncomfortable with him. The website advertises a hot tub. He said we could only have access if we paid double. his tone is belittling. He seems like a real penny pincher. It was all around strange. This place is not a sanctuary, looks more like a parking lot. Although we wanted to camp we happily settled in an inexpensive motel.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Waterandroad
bajaconsultant, Owner at Club Cabo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

If you are on real budget trip and expect to pay less than normal travelers you can sometimes negotiate the price by staying longer and paying up front for your tent spot this is what they said they wanted to do , but when you back off to one night the same lower price will not be extended to you .. this is what happened to this brother and sister on bicycles who were very short on conversation and demanding about the spa .. so sorry i wasn't born yesterday almost everyone tries this ploy and if rude is refusing to allow a very low price and include a jacuzzi for 2 people for 15 dollars then so be it... we have a new wet sauna and i was going to allow them to use it but they left ... bet they paid more than 15 dollars at the cheap motel and no jacuzzi who knows if they had hot water ....5 dollars a day in mex don't exist anymore . they also looked very upset they couldn't get free wireless before they paid up as they sat around trying to connect to do further research...

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place has such character and the owners are wonderful! But, it is a CAMPING ground! Don't expect anything more. I slept in my tent for two nights there, felt completely safe and secure inside the grounds, had a working toilet and hot shower available to me, and wifi. Also, Medano Beach is about a 15 minute walk at most from this place. It was perfect for my last two nights in Cabo. If you don't want to sleep in a tent, they have cute rooms for rent too. I got to see them and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alison B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed, along with my Austrailian Shepherd, at the Club Cabo Inn for 10 days in June. The facilities were great with pool, jacuzzi and the surrounding area full of colorful birds. The Cabana was nice and the WIFI was great. Martin and Irene were good hosts, very nice and helpful. The gated and walled in area is very secure and I did not feel at all like I needed to keep my car locked. The location is nice as it is close to the main road (Mex.1) to Cabo downtown area (2 minutes), Medano beach and also to San Jose Del Cabo (about 20 minutes North). I will certainly go back there again in the future. It is a good place for surfers and relatively close to all the good surfing areas.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Why do some people come down so hard on Martin? We like Marty; even though he watches too much FOX news. Hi to both you and Irene. It's been too long since we've gotten over to Baja, but we've gotta come back soon. Martin, enjoy your beautiful space regardless of the guests you have to share it with. We appreciate the location being off of the beaten path. We have enjoyed several visits to Club Cabo and really like hanging out on the balcony. It's very peaceful. P.S. Hope there is water in the pool when we finally get back there!

Room Tip: This is a great place if you don't expect extravagance. Rooms above the house are very comforta...