“Camping with pets in Cabo”
Review of Club Cabo Inn

Club Cabo Inn
Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 2, 2013

An RV park in Cabo told us about this place and that is how we ended up there. Don `t think there are many places to tent camp in Cabo. The biggest pro for this place is the location. You are within a 15 minute walk to Medano Beach and ½ hour walk to the marina. Great location!
You are camping in the dirt so the setting is not why you would be here. The washrooms and showers are good and there is a pool full of water. The place is very pet friendly so we were right at home with pomeranian Spud.
The cons would be the cost - at $25.00 a night, I felt it was a little steep although this is Cabo and nothing is cheap except for the booze. Don`t expect a lot, but it is safe and secure, right in the heart of the action and the owners are nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chris Lori S

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My traveling buddy and I were looking forward to camping here based on the club cabo website. We struggled in finding it down a long sandy road. Martin, the owner , was surprisingly aggressive and offputting. We were about to stay but we felt incredibly uncomfortable with him. The website advertises a hot tub. He said we could only have access if we paid double. his tone is belittling. He seems like a real penny pincher. It was all around strange. This place is not a sanctuary, looks more like a parking lot. Although we wanted to camp we happily settled in an inexpensive motel.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Waterandroad
bajaconsultant, Owner at Club Cabo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

If you are on real budget trip and expect to pay less than normal travelers you can sometimes negotiate the price by staying longer and paying up front for your tent spot this is what they said they wanted to do , but when you back off to one night the same lower price will not be extended to you .. this is what happened to this brother and sister on bicycles who were very short on conversation and demanding about the spa .. so sorry i wasn't born yesterday almost everyone tries this ploy and if rude is refusing to allow a very low price and include a jacuzzi for 2 people for 15 dollars then so be it... we have a new wet sauna and i was going to allow them to use it but they left ... bet they paid more than 15 dollars at the cheap motel and no jacuzzi who knows if they had hot water ....5 dollars a day in mex don't exist anymore . they also looked very upset they couldn't get free wireless before they paid up as they sat around trying to connect to do further research...

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place has such character and the owners are wonderful! But, it is a CAMPING ground! Don't expect anything more. I slept in my tent for two nights there, felt completely safe and secure inside the grounds, had a working toilet and hot shower available to me, and wifi. Also, Medano Beach is about a 15 minute walk at most from this place. It was perfect for my last two nights in Cabo. If you don't want to sleep in a tent, they have cute rooms for rent too. I got to see them and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alison B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed, along with my Austrailian Shepherd, at the Club Cabo Inn for 10 days in June. The facilities were great with pool, jacuzzi and the surrounding area full of colorful birds. The Cabana was nice and the WIFI was great. Martin and Irene were good hosts, very nice and helpful. The gated and walled in area is very secure and I did not feel at all like I needed to keep my car locked. The location is nice as it is close to the main road (Mex.1) to Cabo downtown area (2 minutes), Medano beach and also to San Jose Del Cabo (about 20 minutes North). I will certainly go back there again in the future. It is a good place for surfers and relatively close to all the good surfing areas.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Why do some people come down so hard on Martin? We like Marty; even though he watches too much FOX news. Hi to both you and Irene. It's been too long since we've gotten over to Baja, but we've gotta come back soon. Martin, enjoy your beautiful space regardless of the guests you have to share it with. We appreciate the location being off of the beaten path. We have enjoyed several visits to Club Cabo and really like hanging out on the balcony. It's very peaceful. P.S. Hope there is water in the pool when we finally get back there!

Room Tip: This is a great place if you don't expect extravagance. Rooms above the house are very comforta...
Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This place was recommended in the Moon Guidebook.(What were they smoking?) We phoned the night before to ask if they had a space for my husband and I and poodle. They did, so we headed over from San Jose Del Cabo to spend a few days in Cabo San Lucas before we moved on to our planned destination, Todos Santos. We are not big resort type people, so the place sounded good. I like a pool to exercise in, so I asked if there was one and was told there was. Well after a very hard time trying to find the place (no road markings if you're coming from San Jose), we finally found the place by making an illegal turn onto a dry riverbed under a bridge. The place looked nothing like it advertised. It's basically some casitas plopped down on a blasted earth gravel parking lot. Absolutely no ambience at all. I asked to see the pool area. To my surprise, there was no water in it. We asked Martin why the pool was empty and he told us the weather was too cold to swim. He must carry his own weather because it was about 86 F at that point. Martin showed us several rooms and they were nice enough, so we thought we'd maybe stay a night and tolerate the lack of pool and lack of any landscaping but then Martin became very weird. He kept telling us to sit down and do business with him. The price he was going to charge us kept changing and the weirder he got, the more we wanted to leave. It was a little too much like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" We felt very uncomfortable. We backed away, jumped in the car and drove out of there. We didn't stop until we were half way to Todos Santos. I see other reviewers have noted the fluctuating prices and the general strangeness of Martin, the owner. His wife seemed very nice though. I see from his responses to some of the comments travellers have made he plans to get out of the hospitality business. This is probably a good thing. He may be a nice person who has been burnt out by too many years in the hot sun dealing with problems.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZLI
bajaconsultant, Owner at Club Cabo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

what were they smoking ??? in other words the moon guide book reps smoke something before they write their report .. absurd remark. .... about the pool yes we were doing some maintenance on the pool and after some renegociating about the price i agreed to give a consideration to them for the lack of water in the pool how ever they refused to pay any taxes on a lowered amount and left .. The rest of their comments are all window dressing ....ps why did they wait until now 6 months later to place their revieuw they were here for a room in december the pool was filled with water shortly after that..

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I enjoyed my stay a lot! Stayed for 2 nights and camped. Internet was great. martin was a very good host and it was nice to be able to speak dutch with him. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo