“Terrific place to stay”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We (with my fiancee) stayed here for a week. Bahia Hotel is in a great central location. About 2 minute walk from the beach, 5 minutes to the mall and marina. The service was generally good (but not amazing), the valet parking is amazing and free. Room smelled a bit weird but was good otherwise.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leo L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We just got back from our wedding/honeymoon in Cabo. We stayed at the Bahia because the photos were beautiful and the rates were affordable for our family and friends who were staying in Cabo for our wedding 1/11/14. We had about 30 guests staying at the hotel and it was perfect for us to all be so close together, The service was incredible. We receieved such amazing treatment from all staff but really want to recognize Adriana! From the minute we arrived we felt like royalty! She made every effort to make our wishes reality. She was like a party of the family/wedding party!!! We loved her. Also Mathias. Every time we walked in the Lobby he always greeted us like we were old friends. He made sure everyone was always welcomed, always kept up with where everyone was at so he could relay the messages of where to find someone in the group, treating us like he was our brother. All the staff at the door were so friendly. We felt as if we were at home every minute. When we left for our honeymoon at a larger Resort Cabo Azul, we were so sad to leave. I actually cried and wanted to come back to Bahia! Its a small hotel but they have grand treatement and service. The location cant be beat its right near EVERYTHING and the food is TO DIE FOR. It is my favorite hotel so far and we plan to be back next year. Thank you Bahia for EVERYTHING and making our wedding week a wonderful time for us and our family/friends. WE LOVE YOU! Mr & Mrs Castro

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TheCastros2014
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I arrived a day earlier than the rest of my crew so I chose to spend my extra night at Bahia. I had stayed at this hotel about 15 years ago. I enjoyed my stay then and I enjoyed my stay last week. I was in an updated, very spacious room w/ a balcony overlooking the pool. Check in was easy & fast. Room was very spacious & bed comfy. My only issue w/ the room is that they change the safe and have better shower water pressure. However, I seem to encounter low water pressure at most hotels. The safe was a little difficult to operate as you had to turn a knob to open & close instead of it doing that automatically when entering the code. But, I was able to figure it out eventually. Pool is nice. Pretty quiet. I don't like to stay at family friendly hotels as I don't go on vacation to be around children but it was pretty quiet. Very close, a block, to the beach w/ al the restaurants & bars. Also, just a few minutes walk into town w/ all the clubs, etc. I decided to have dinner/drinks in their Bar Esquina as I was alone but I felt very comfortable. It was a bit busy and there was an enjoyable band playing. I had pizza and it was very good. The drinks are also very good. (Although I, like many others, feel it's a bit overpriced.) But, my absolute favorite drink was the Mango Picante. Delish! I loved it so much that I took my friends there twice during our stay just to have that drink. All in all, I enjoyed my one night stay and would definitely go back. Oh wait, I AM GOING BACK! I'll be coming back w/ my hubby in June and we will get to spend 4 nights at the Bahia! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sheryl A
Reviewed January 15, 2014

In all honestly the room was very spacious and nicely furnished. Shower needed a bit more water pressure but it was alright. To me the biggest turn off was the fact that one of the bar tenders at the pool bar had a rude attitude towards me for an unknown reason; he would ignore me when I ordered and just take forever to serve the drinks. The rest of the staff were pretty welcoming and friendly though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rod_RP
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Loved-loved-loved our stay at the Bahia!!! We were in Cabo for nine days--so to mix things up we stayed at the Bahia for four days and then went to the Sheraton Hacienda for the remainder of our trip--after staying at the Bahia we felt like we were in prison while at the Sheraton. The staff at the Bahia were welcoming, helpful, and soooo nice. The location was unbeatable--within walking distance to the marina and downtown--and only two minutes from Medano Beach. The Bahia has an old Hollywood feel and vibe that we loved. The restaurant was great and free wi-fi! We definitely missed the Bahia when we checked out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kaliente14
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your review. A lot of people who stay at the larger hotels in Cabo after staying with us miss the personalized srevice and attention to detail. We like to say that personalized service is at the root of the guest expereince at the Bahia!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just got back from trip yesterday! The Bahia is a very nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and as stated before the sheets/bedding/towels all very nice. We stayed in a room that overlooked the pool on the 4th floor. I have read other complaints about noise but for us it was quiet. Restaurant food is very good but pricey. The location is great if you want to walk to the beach and marina. Rooms are older but as stated above clean. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Janb12650
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Very nice value hotel one block from Medano Beach & approx three blocks from Marina shopping & down town area...Staff was very nice & professional. The restaurant/bar was very popular with very good food/drinks, but expensive. Pool area was nice with swim up bar & food service, but be aware of the selfish "it's all about me" guests that drop there stuff off on best chairs for the day in the early morning and don't show up to use them until afternoon sun - hotel seem to allow this to go on so when in Rome...

Room Tip: Our room on 2nd floor facing the street was nice, but very dark with bad lighting. We could not see...