“Would stay there again!”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Great location, 100 yards walk down to the beach and "The Office" and other beach bars. Enjoyable 20 minute (sobering up) walk from downtown, El Squid Roe and Cabo Wabo. Close enough to the party, but just far enough away to sleep(pass out) in peace. Relaxing pool and restaraunt. Nice comfortable rooms at a great price. Quicky mart next door to buy your drinks and snacks. Don't waste your money on the big resorts! You are there to party at the beach and downtown! Save your "All Inclusives" dollars for the Carribean. Air conditioning was sometimes questionable and be sure to stuff a few rolls of Ultra Charmin in your suitcase to make your stay more comfortable. But for an affordable, comfortable, great location in Cabo it can't be beat! We've traveled all over Mexico, and Cabo is the place to party 'til you drop. We will definately go back again!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2008

This place was much better than I expected. I have been going to Cabo for 10 years now. For the price, its top-notch. Location is awesome (I like to have the option of walking everywhere, especially the beach). This is about a 5minute walk from the prime locations on the beach- basically between the Melia and the Office. Its not a street that would feel safe if I was a lady alone in the middle of the night, but during the day it seemed fine. there is a little general store a 2minute walk away which is good to buy water and snacks. The rooms were nice and clean, vintage cabo design. The kitchenette was fine, everything worked and stocked with all the pots and pans you might need. The fridge was packed with crap you don't want to buy- so take that stuff out and fill it with your own stuff. Everything was great until the edge of a hurricane pulled thru town and power went out. We were without power for 3days. This wasn't too bad at first but there was no running water. that meant no showers and no toilet. No maids where there during the hurricane day and there was only a skelaton crew. We were two guys, so this was tolerable. However, the ladies in the hotel where hating it. This is Mexico, hurricanes happen. The staff really did all they could to help us and they kept pretty good spirits thru it all. Other hotels had back up power working (more expense places like the melia). But this is a low budget hotel and these things happen. If I were there with my girlfriend and this happened I would bite the bullet and go get a night or two at a hotel with power. I am staying at the Bahia again this memorial day and will write another review

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This hotel/condo is in a very good location in Cabo San Lucas. It is 1 short block to Medano Beach (one of the few swimming beaches in Cabo) and a few short blocks to the markets, restaurants and nightlife (Cabo Wabo, Squid Row, etc) We had no need to take a taxi anywhere during our stay.
Unfortunately, a huge hotel currently being built across the street has now blocked the ocean view from the Bahia. However, this would not deter us from staying at the Bahia again, the staff were very accomodating and friendly and the hotel is very affordable considering the location. Besides, we did not plan to stay in our hotel for long periods of time, too much to do and see!!
Our group consisted of 6 twenty somethings and 2 in late 40's. We stayed at the Bahia for 1 week in December and everyone was very pleased with the service and location.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank terry49
Reviewed October 17, 2006

Let me start by saying that some of what you have read in other reviews is true and some is not.

We booked a 2nd floor pool view room studio with one king bed and one full Murphy bed for 8 nights. When we arrived this is exactly what we received. The room was clean and warm, but once the AC and fan was on, it was a very comfortable room. This room was on the back side of the hotel facing way from the beach and ocean.

After 4 days, management ask if we would mind moving to a 2 room suite on the 6th floor (top floor) with an ocean view for the rest of our stay so they could perform some maintenance. Being that it was 2 guys on a trip to watch Sammy Hagar, having two rooms instead of a studio sounded good at no added charge. This room again was very nice and clean, and did have a view of the ocean, and of the construction as stated in other reviews. The construction noise can be annoying if you are on the ocean side, but if you have a room on the other side of the hotel you wouldn’t know there was any.

The pool is very clean and Omar (the pool bartender) is the greatest like in other reviews. He’s very social with the guests and helpful for dinning and entertainment ideas. Watch out for his happy hour 2 for 1 margaritas.

The roads that lead to the hotel are dirt and can be dusty with all the construction traffic. However we are talking Mexico and the desert. Not all roads are paved in Cabo and we are talking about an economical place to stay. In my mind, it’s not that big of a negative.

Hotel management was courteous overall, but a little up tight about the pool towels. You have to fill a form out every time you want one. From talking with people at other hotels, you have to do the same there as well.

All in all, if you are looking for a clean, safe and well located place to stay and are on a budget, the Bahia might be the place for you. If you’re looking for a 4 star Hyatt it’s not. There are many people I met pool side that have come there for years and are repeat clients. I might just be as well.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
6  Thank PermGrande44
Reviewed May 18, 2006

I went last week to Cabo San Lucas for 3 nights and a friend of mine recommended me this hotel. I have to say that is a nice place, clean, small, silent around the pool area. However, everything outside the hotel is horrible. Beware!!! All the pictures of this hotel that you will see in magazines or whatever are FAKE or too Old! Now the hotel does not have a nice view at all. The main road is dusty, you have to walk a dusty and ugly block to reach the Medano beach. The worst thing of all is that you pay 20 dollars more for a room with a view to the beach and the only thing that you can see is a building in construction that blocks fatally that view... So dont go for this. In the future, this hotel must reduce their fees dramatically or nobody will arrive... In the morning, all the workers noise wake you up early. Beds are beautifully hard, well, I love hard beds. Small kitchen, freezer and all that you need for cooking is provided, that is a nice point. The pool, clean and nice, the pool service, the Best: The big guy Omar (from Tlaxcala, Mexico, piscis by zodiac sign) is the best of the best. His attention, his patience, everything makes you feel at home. This hotel must take care of this guy because it would not be rare that a big hotel takes him away with a better job offer. Congratulations to Omar, and also, he knows his popularity, many people that read this reviews tell him about. By the way, an extra TV at the pool would be good idea... The restaurant is good enough, but my best recommendation is go outside the hotel and walk around the block to find the little seafood restaurant, owned by the blond lady and their crew... Try the almejas, the campechana and a cold beer... Pure paradise... Don't miss it! please! The Medano beach is a nice place to stay, but try to get away from the boats areas (too much smell to gasoline and engine roars), try to go to the right side of the beach, much more quiet. My opinion is that this is a nice place to stay only for one or two nights if you plan to know some Cabo San Lucas places. If you plan to go to San Jose del Cabo or La Paz, to know more beaches and fishing activities, try to move to closer hotels of your aactivities. Finally, before I arrived to the hotel, I read some reviews saying that the staff of this hotel stole some money or personal items from the rooms, so I just carried my personal back pack everywhere, and no problems!! Just in case. Regards. Off.

• Stayed: May 2006
17  Thank MrCure
Reviewed May 5, 2006

Recently returned from a week in Cabo. Stayed at the Bahia Condos and I will never stay there again. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay and this location seemed perfect. Omar the pool bartender was really wonderful and had GREAT customer service. The Management however will do anything to get more money out of you. I was charged $45.00 USD for 2 cheap towels and 1 bed sheet that got stained from our henna tatoos. I was more than willing to pay for the stained items but felt $45.00 was a little steep for the poor quality of the items. The management would not work with me at all and even had the nerve to tell me there is a sign in the room that states if you stain the linen you have to pay. No such sign existed! Anyway I have since found out this kind of thing happens all the time there so bottom line DON'T EVER STAY AT BAHIA CONDOS. Too bad Omar doesn't work elsewhere because he is really great!!!

10  Thank Sammyfan
Management response:Responded May 7, 2006

We are glad to hear guests enjoy Omar’s service at our pool bar. In response to the comment about the linens, there are signs on the back of the door in both English and Spanish regarding lost or stained towels. It states “There will be a $20.00 USD charge for lost or towels returned damaged or stained.” Guests admitted to damaging the linens, therefore this policy was enforced. We have made efforts to inform guests of problems we have seen arise, to better prevent them from happening in the future. Guests are responsible for damages.

Reviewed April 30, 2006

I walked into this hotel with no reservation. The staff let me preview the rooms before committing so I made sure I had reasonable water pressure and a good view of the pool. For $125 a night I had a room with a full kitchen, which I never used, and a TV with no working remote control. They said that they ran out of remotes for the model TV I had. I never figured out how to open the fridge but never needed it. If you want a hotel close to town and even closer to the beach this is the one! I stayed three nights and loved it. I didn't opt for the side of the hotel with a view of the ocean because the construction across the street severly limits the view. I slept great at this hotel. I never ate at the hotel because the beach restaraunts a short walk away are terriffic. I walked the dirt roads, by myself, late at night to return from the clubs in the city and never had a single problem. The concierge will try to get you to sign up for time share presentations but that happens everywhere I have stayed. The views aren't pretty but the location is Great!

• Stayed: March 2006