My husband and I chose Bahia through friend recommendations and Trip Advisor reviews. What a huge mistake we made! It never occured to us that it was spring break week for the Colorado and California students. Even if we had known, never would we have thought it would have been such a nightmare! The staff was very short and rude to us. We had requested an upgraded room and that was a flat-out "NO" upon arrival. This was even after we had spoken to their reservations personnel and also emailed them regarding this upgrade. We had also signed up for the "Lush Program". For $15.00 per day/per person, we were to have unlimited cocktails from the pool bar, during our stay. Upon checking out, we were told that program was only applicable for our first day. Several attempts were made to confirm our private departure transporation to the airport. After emailing the hotel and also filling out additional paperwork upon arrival, they had the times all skewed. For our 12:15 pm flight, they had a van coming to pick us up at 11:30 am. Impossible, since it's a 45 minute drive to the airport. No thanks at all to Aaron, who was very short with us and rude. He never followed up with us regarding our transporation needs. Sorry to have inconvenienced him. The spring breakers took over the entire hotel. We were sleepless from 1:00 am- 5:00 am, while the kiddos screamed and yelled throughout the breezeways, cussing, singing and slamming doors. The walls and ceilings were thin enough to hear all of their conversations, throwing up and howling. The sheets and comforter were a light beige, although several years ago, I am sure that they were crispy white. The pillows were disgusting as well; thin, worn and brown. The towels were also paper thin and worn to the barest threads, also resembling the color of a paper grocery bag. The shower was hot and cold, even if you were not adjusting it. Beware of the mold growning in the corner of shower. Bleach, anyone? If you don't use washcloth's when you shower, then you are in luck, because we only had them the first day. Otherwise we had to ask for them, along with shampoo, soap and a hairdryer. If you do happen to stay here, bring a pair of disposable house shoes because as soon as you step out of the shower, your feet will be black with dirt, dust outlining your heels and toes. We did complain about all of these things during our stay, but we were pretty much treated like the little spring breakers that were drunk out of their minds, instead of a couple trying to celebrate their wedding anniversary. La Esquina (their restaurant) was excellent, although we only ate there twice in a week because the overall experience of the hotel made us want to run to the border. It's always nice to come home after a vacation, but pretty sad when you are ready to come home early! Finally, we were told that a manager would speak with us at 9:00 am on the morning of our deparure... Funny how that never happened either. SO professional. Do yourself a favor and book at Casa Dorado.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach House Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos