I wish that my review was a favourable one but based on one unfortunate incident, I was incredibly disappointed with this hotel. I arrived very late on February 9th and was greeted by friendly front desk staff. I wish I recalled his name. For the following few days, again I found everyone to be incredibly professional and even fun. My room was clean, faced the pool and I was always able to find a space to suntan by the pool, or since it was fairly chilly, meet friendly people in the hot tub!
After a great Valentine’s day/night spent with my boyfriend who lives in Mexico, we headed back to the hotel for a nightcap at the bar. When we decided to leave and head back to my room, we were chased by a front desk staff member named Daniel. He spoke only in Spanish which although I too speak some Spanish, this was clearly directed toward my Mexican boyfriend. Daniel was rude and asking him for my room number, telling my bf that there was going to be an extra charge in a very accusatory tone. I did not totally understand what was going on and wanted to walk away. My bf told him my room number then explained to me what was going on. After trying to calm down, as this issue for me wasn’t related to the supposed extra $20/night charge which if it was the case, would not have been a problem. However, it was the fact that Daniel chose to address my boyfriend in a very accusatory way and made me feel very cheap, and I don’t mean in the monetary sense. This essentially ruined my night and made me very sad. I proceeded to go back down to the lobby and speak with Daniel. Of course I was angry but I tried to keep myself calm initially until he greeted me with such attitude and entitlement that honestly made me question how he could even be employed by this hotel. He even had the audacity to tell me I was being rude to him at the initial confrontation when he hadn’t even been addressing me! It was very disappointing.
I proceeded to write the hotel an email that night requesting the owner get back to me. Instead later the following evening another staff member told me the reason for Daniel speaking with us was out of concern for my own safety. While I’d like to believe this is the case, my bf had been staying with me since Feb 10th, by the pool, in the hot tub, etc. We had been visible in a very small hotel where people remember your name let alone your face. Neither of us were intoxicated or exhibiting any type of behaviour that warranted Daniel’s aggression.
It’s sad to say that based on this incident and the fact that I was then charged twice for the “extra person” on Valentine’s day, I will never return to the Bahia nor would I ever recommend it to anyone. I would have if it were not for Daniel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bahia Hotel is a charming, full-service boutique hotel located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas' bustling Medano Beach district, steps from the activities, shopping, dining and nightlife for which Cabo is legendary. With its rich history, personalized service and intimate, welcoming environment, Bahia Hotel differentiates itself from the larger, homogenous chain hotels in Los Cabos. Bahia Hotel offers guests a luxury, urban-chic environment while maintaining the classic Cabo vibe.Bahia Hotel's new first-class restaurant, Bar Esquina, features a new twist on International creative cuisine in Cabo: Mexican influenced Mediterranean flavors using locally grown, organic produce; fresh fish from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez; and the highest quality meats cooked on a mesquite grill.If you are planning your first trip to Cabo, Bahia Hotel is the perfect choice: clean, safe, centrally-located and full of Cabo personality. If you are Cabo veteran, please stop by for quick tour of our beautifully remodeled property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bahia Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Hotel And Beach Club
- Bahia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Cabo San Lucas
- Bahia Hotel & Beach Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos