“Our Experience”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We only stayed for two nights and the resort is nice and clean. Our first impression was Matias, he is very personable and helpful, he is very friendly and makes you feel welcome. I have to say it is a very happening place so it can get kinda loud at night. The location is great to all areas especially Medano Beach. The beds are very comfy and the rate was very affordable!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for the review. You have pointed that we are a very popular place and that we have to make sure to not inconvenience our hotel guests with the noise from the restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of my birthday. It was a great boutique hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the furnishings are very inviting. Matias, the doorman, has the warmest smile and makes you feel welcome right away. The pool gets plenty of sun for sunbathing, but they also have covered beds for lounging in the shade (my choice). Our room was facing the street side with a balcony and full kitchen. No microwave. No coffee maker. The beds were a little on the hard side but the blankets and pillows more than made up for it. They just wrapped you up in pure comfort. The hotel restaurant was very popular.

Room Tip: The rooms adjacent to pool have patios that open up to the pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SoTexGal
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for the review. Matias has been a welcome addittion to the staff and a true example of the warmth of the Mexican people. We believe that the front of the house is very important to the overall guest experience however we are very fortunate to have lots of great loyal employees.
We talk with them all the time and express that we are all on the same team and everyone is equally important.
I hope you notified us that it was your birthday so we could do something special and if not please notify us next time.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

It's been 2 years since I stayed at the Bahia last. The changes that have been made make this hotel one of the best deals in town. It's only one block from world famous Medano beach. The feel of the hotel has changed immensely. Since I am from So Cal., the best way to describe it is like walking into Javier's in Irvine or even into the one in San Jose Del Cabo. It has a warmth and a glow that give it a romantic yet well styled feel. Classy, laid back and comfortable. Where the "scene" is. The energy is even different. It's where everybody wants to be. I met Lee and his wife some years back when they first got the property. What a difference a couple of years make.......Wow! Great job guys! Next year my team wins the Superbowl!

It is so great to have a bar (Bar Esquina) with an outstanding bartender Juan Duran Hernandez to start the evening with, even if you don't end up eating dinner there. Start earlier in the evening or make a reservation because this place is packed with lots of pretty people. My friends that were staying at another place nearby loved coming here and seeing all of the beautiful women and loved the drinks from the bar. Most nights have some kind of music entertainment to enjoy too .....see my tripadvisor review of this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel or one not facing the street. A little too noisy for me...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the review. We are happy you like the renovation and thanks for coming back to stay with us. Its been fun to see familiar faces return and compliment us on the new feel and energy of the hotel.
Hope to see you again soon but i hope the giants win again!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Bahia has plenty of potential but the service lacks a lot to be desired which is a real shame. Good location, a short walk to the beach (but much better value rates then the pure beachfront hotels in the area) and also walking distance to the marina and tonnes of restaurants.

The restaurant and bar are really really good, great food, good vibe, efficient service. It’s pricey yes, but worth the cost and the fact it was busy every night proves they are doing something right. The pool is quite nice and the staff at the pool bar were also very good.

They have obviously only renovated some rooms, so it’s worth paying a little more for the deluxe rooms as they have done a very nice job with these. Friends stayed in a classic room and it wasn’t anywhere near as nice. There are definitely some rooms that have noise issues, my first room was 101 and it was adjacent to a staff room of some sort, so I was woken numerous times through the night with staff coming and going, then early in the morning with housekeeping trolleys etc.

The biggest problem with the Bahia is the service, or lack thereof, from the reception staff. On arrival we were bluntly told our rooms would not be ready till the 4pm check-in time, without even checking if they might actually be ready then. After the 1st night noise issues, I requested to change rooms. The 1st response was come back this afternoon when housekeeping were finished servicing rooms, when I asked if I would definitely be able to move in the afternoon, the response was then that I could move for only 2 nights then back to the original room for another 2 nights. Then the story changed to it would be OK to move. Back to reception at 3.30pm to check, this time to be told management were in a meeting and would call me about 4pm when they finished. Still no contact by 4.30pm, so back to reception to be told management were still in a meeting. They then called housekeeping to check, so I sat at the desk and waited whilst housekeeping were checking. By this time I was getting frustrated, not helped by the fact the receptionist then started texting on her mobile phone. Finally I asked to call management out of their meeting, the operations manager promptly appeared and changed my rooms. Unfortunately this left me with a really poor impression of the hotel, which is a shame as most other aspects of it are great.

I hope the owners take some action with the service issues as it truly spoils what could be a really great hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you for your review. As an owner it’s very disappointing to read this review. Even though you point out several positive qualities about the property we pride ourselves on service and a personalized guest experience. We have spent considerable amounts of time training and discussing the front desk operations and check in procedures.

I was the customer for many years prior to purchasing the hotel and always tell our staff the first fifteen minutes are the most important. The front desk staff knows at all times the room availability. There is no need to call anyone to check, however that does not excuse the blunt tone.

We had an issue with one employee due to a personal situation and that has been corrected. We are sorry this has left you with a poor impression of the Bahia Hotel & Beach Club. A hotel is a human resource company and sometimes things just don’t go as planned.

We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The Bahia is only one block from the largest, swimable, public beach in Cabo San Lucas. It has been newly renovated 4 years ago. It is stylish and comfortable all at the same time. The pool is beautiful with day beds all around. The Bar Esquire was packed each and every night of our stay. They serve excellent food, but we found the menu a bit pricy on breakfast and lunch items, considering the short walk to the habour or the beach restaurants. The staff were great. The room we were first given was to loud at night. They moved us no problem to a room with private pool access. They arranged transport to and from the airport and handled all the paper work. They greeted us every time we entered and exited the hotel and asked about our stay and excursions. Would recommend The Bahia Hotel to anyone. Within walking distance to everything and close to the beach.

Room Tip: Stay near the pool. Rooms on the second floor with lower numbers (202/3/4/5, etc) are noisy because...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lil_Miss_McCrie
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I just came back from Cabo I traveled Feb 2-Feb 5th 2012. I wouldn't change anything about this trip, the only thing i would change is that I wish i would stayed a lot longer. I loved my room, number 236, balcony view was a great. I would wake up early and just sit out there and read, so peaceful. The entire hotel staff was so helpful and so nice, waiters, hostess, bar tenders all so GREAT! This hotel is just steps away from Medano Beach,and for a beach bum like myself it was perfect! Also Karla a worker at the hotel helped us plan all of our activities, she was so helpful and made us spend our small amount of time in Cabo doing great things! she was very helpful, polite and so friendly! she was GREAT!
Cant wait to go back and take my dad for fathers day! Thank you BAHIA! hope to be back real soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I just came back from a quick last-minute weekend get-away to Cabo. We found a last minute deal online, and decided to give this place a shot. We flew in on Friday, and left on Sunday. The location is great considering the price. They do not have a view of The Sea of Cortez because of the other Hotel that was built in front of the Bahia, but that did not bother us, because we are still only 100' from the beach!
Everyone at the hotel was extremely nice and professional. We read other reviews about this hotel on Trip Adviser, and were a little hesitant about what to expect, but when we arrived, the hotel was extremely nice, and the rooms are GREAT! Yes, it is true that only the first two floors are renovated (At the moment), but we were speaking with Lee (The owner happen to pop in the weekend we were there) and he told us that they are scheduling to complete the other rooms renovation in September/October 2012 I believe.

Our room was room 202 and the quality was very nice. The bed was a little smaller than a standard queen size US bed, but it worked for the two of us. The room was Very clean, and the location was superb!

One of the other great things about this hotel is the restaurant. My wife and I travel ALOT, and this restaurant could have been in NYC with the quality of food and service. The ambiance is amazing and just perfect for an upscale Cabo night out.

This was our first trip to Cabo San Lucas, but after staying here, we are definitely going to return for a longer stay at the Bahia!

Room Tip: Any room facing the pool on the first or second floor will be great. All of the rooms facing the bac...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple