“Best Deal in Cabo. Period.”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed December 1, 2011

A couple months ago, I decided to take my girlfriend down to Cabo to get away for the weekend. In my search for accommodations, I happen to come across an ad for the private condo rentals at the Bahia Hotel. Since I was working on a tight budget, I immediately emailed Sophie(oneclick.thatsit@hotmail.com), the owner of the unit(#130) to find out pricing. She replied within minutes and was polite, honest, and very accommodating. She responded with the best possible deal/value I had found in my entire search. I was a little skeptical at first as to what I would be getting once I got there because it sounded too good to be true.
When I arrived, I was more than pleased. My first thoughts were when can I plan for my next stay here. The place exceeded my expectations by far. The location was perfect, it was right next door to the most expensive resorts with the best beaches and all the water sport rentals. The decor and feel were also on par with the high end resorts. They had a great restaurant and the staff was as hospitable as can be. The room was spotless, spacious, and comfortable. The only thing that was inconsistent, was the price - it was much more affordable.
Also, when using the internet as your only source when booking for travel abroad and not being familiar with the destination, its understandable to feel a little uneasy, however, after working with Sophie, I can assure you that you will be more than satisfied. It was more like working with a friend. Here is the website for her condo rental http://www.weekendgetawaycabo.com.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank CaliGuy217
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We service the private Condo just as a hotel room, but offer updated renovated rooms to our hotel guests.
As you pointed out with this location it is hard to beat the Bhaia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

The Bahia is a pretty-looking hotel but not worth the cost to me. My room was okay, one of the rooms not renovated yet, and I still feel it was more costly than it was worth, although it was spacious.

Most importantly, do no be fooled by the name of the hotel, "and Beach Club". The Hotel has no presence on the beach, no chairs, no umbrellas, no beach club. You will have to bring your own chairs and umbrellas or spend an additional $20.00 US per person per day to utilize the facilities at one of the actual beach clubs, like "Mangos". If you add the $20/day to your room rate, you are paying far, far too much for an average room in an average hotel with average service.

The Reception desk is an actual desk tucked in to an alcove in the lobby. There is only one person doing check-ins and check-outs so the wait can be substantial. It took 45 minutes from the time I requested my bill be prepared until I was actually checked-out and on my way, an unacceptable length of time to wait if you are in your way to the airport to catch a flight. As well, the hotel charges US dollars for their rooms and uses their own exchange rate that is not in keeping with the published exchange rate so expected a higher charge than planned on your credit card.

I did not eat in the restaurant at the Bahia as it was terribly expensive. When in Mexico, I prefer Mexican food and I do not feel that $16 or $17 for an entree is a reasonable amount to spend whilst in Mexico.

Finally, the Bahia is a bit isolated from the most interesting parts of Cabo. A taxi to anywhere in town costs $6 so it will cost you $12 just to get to and from a different restaurant than the one in the Hotel. As well, this hotel sits at the top of a steep hill so if you do not enjoy walking or are unable to negotiate the hill, you will have to take a taxi everywhere you go. That can get costly. The view out the front of the hotel is of the Casa Dorada across the street, the view out the back is of a parking lot and construction zone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Suecelia
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

Thank you for your review.
You have pointed out several things that I would like to clarify.
First of all we do not charge for chairs at he beach and provide towels for our guests at the Medano beach club. If you were not informed of this I apologize but the mango deck is not ours and I can't control what they charge.
I am sorry if there was a wait at he desk, it sounds like we may have been short handed. Normally there are two people at the desk for guests that don't want the one block walk
If you give me some specific information I will look into it. The taxis are six dollars or a three minute walk to town so that is correct. As far as the beach there is a golf cart that goes by the door of the hotel if guests don't want to walk the one block to the beach.
I hope you give us another chance and return to the Bahia in the future

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We spent 10 days at The Bahia and truly it was a joy. The staff was so courteous and helpful, were able to obtain anything we asked for! Everything was so clean and we really enjoyed the pool (and pool bar!) and the fresh ice water waiting at reception area every day. The food was excellent, and we were so close to everything, a half/block off the beach, and close to stores and downtown, and the Marina. Lorena was able to answer all out questions before our arrival, and everything was just right for us!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the quiet of the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. Your group was exactly what we had in mind when we designed the hotel.
Its very satisfying to see guests enjoy the experience and interact with the other guests creating the atmosphere and energy of the hotel.

Thanks for coming and see you this winter in vail!!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Fab hotel, food n atmosphere.. Although its a block off the beach u don't miss a thing. Great clientele and staff rocked. Go !!!

Room Tip: 1st or 2nd floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kcdozier
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for the review. We feel the hotel is ideal for your type of group and loved having you. You created a fun atmosphere and we look foward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I own a timeshare across the street at Casa Dorada Medano Beach- I always like to extend my week by a few days and the Bahia is the perfect place to land for the last few days of vacation.
Hotel staff are beyond nice and service is fantastic. Owned by an american, Lee, who also owns a paddle board business down between the Sand Bar and Me Cabo.
the Bahia restaurant food is comprable to any in LA or NY. Wood burning ovens for fantastic pizza, salads, short ribs -- you name it. And when have you ever gotten great wine in Mexico? Never! Prices are great- They are super busy so hopefully they will keep it as it is without getting a big ego.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank holalola

Thank you for the review. We have been very happy with the comments and work hard everyday to ensure a quality experience for our guests. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 27, 2011

This hotel has great staff, good food and is in a prime location. You can walk to the beach, downtown and the marina from the hotel. We only used a taxi to go to and from the airport. You can even request that they arrange for transportation for you at a VERY reasonable price. The ambiance is relaxing. Pool and rooms are clean. Staff is very eager to please. I would DEFINITELY recommend that you check it out! Its a good place for family, friends, couples business, or solo!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We have stayed in Cabo many times and have now found our favourite Hotel. We booked on of the private Condos through www.weekendgetawaycabo.com and recieved excellent service from their staff and the staff at the Bahia. This is a beautiful hotel about one block from Medano Beach. The rooms are spacious and clean, housekeeping staff is amazing. The restaurant is top notch as well. If you want a beautiful hotel, and great service at an excellent price, I highly recommend the Bahia and be sure to check out weekendgetawaycabo.com for the best rates and personal service!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple