“Casual Sophistication at a great price point”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Bahia is a boutique hotel that is casual and sophisticated . The rooms have a clean and modern design, The staff is proffesional and attentive. The hotel's new tapas restaurant attracts the celebrity crowd when they are in town with its delicious food and casual sophisicated ambience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mfeewhite

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I recently had a destination wedding in Cabo and am so happy that we selected Bahia as our choice of hotel for us and our guests. First of all, the location is ideal - quick stroll to the beach, near downtown Cabo where all the action is. Secondly, the hotel makeover was amazing (we were there a year ago when it was under construction) - it's simple, chic but at the same time warm and inviting. All of our guests raved about the food at the restaurant and bar. We got addicted to their pizzas (the mushroom as well as the shortrib with arugula in particular were awesome). Their salads, breakfast selection and fresh fruit smoothies were fantastic. And for the dessert lovers, please try their cherry dark chocolate bomb thingee (can't recall the name). I had two in one day and wished I got another! The restuarant was super accommodating: when the boys came back from their finishing trip with a couple of yellowtails, the chef was able to prepare the best tuna poke I've had all for a very reasonable charge. And did I mention about the live music at night? The pool area was super cute - loved lounging around on their canopy beds. And most of all, Bahia's customer service exceeded my expectation - the ladies at the front desk were so helpful and ready to meet all of our requests and the entire staff was super friendly. Yes you can stay across the street at the 4 star Casa Dorada but if you're looking for an intimate, relaxing, tailor to your every needs kinda place for a fraction of the costs, then Bahia is it.

Room Tip: We loved our first floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for the review and happy the bahia enhanced such a memorable day. We have recently booked a few weddings by guests who were attending other weddings in the area and have choosen the bahia for there upcoming wedding. We have some great wedding packages and are offering those now and they are becoming very popular.
Hope to see you next year on your aniversary and again thanks for choosing the bahia

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I am usually on a backpacker budget, so this hotel was a true gem!

When we arrived at this hotel, I thought surely there was a mistake...I have NEVER stayed in such a beautiful place, so close to the beach in my life! The hotel's decor is stunning, and the staff helpful. Our room was amazing, with a small kitchenette, complete with stove, a bamboo door clean bathroom and amazing lamp shades in the shape of shells made of clay.
The TV had about 50 channels so perfect! Housekeeping would come in at around 10am, but you can choose to just take towels. There are good working lifts in the hotel.
It is a 4-star resort! For what I usually pay for hotels in other places around the world ($50-$100 per night), I got what seemed like a mansion.
The only downside was the hugely overpriced restaurant. I would never eat there, buffet breakfast was about $25USD!! Better to go to the restaurant over the road - Sharky's. Not only is the food amazingly delicious but you can have a whole 2 course dinner for two for around $12USD.
This is the place to stay in Cabo!!! Beach and bars are a 1 minute walk! Stay here!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2011

Thank you so much for the review. We hope everyone feels the way you did and joins the Bhaia family. Hearing from our guest what they liked and disliked is very helpful in evaluating our performance. However I would like to point out that we do not offer a buffet breakfast and the most expensive thing on the menue is 110 pesos (10 usd) If you feel you were over charged or there was a mistake please email me directly and i will look into it. lee@bahiacabo.com If you log to the website you can look at the menue for clarification. Again thank you and hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I just returned from ten days at the Bahia Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my
time there. The room decor was very cool, the beds incredibly comfortable and the Esquina Bar and Restaurant was amazing. The head chef and kitchen staff have put together an amazing menu of seafood, steaks, appetizers. Even huevos rancheros for breakfast had a distinctive touch. The food was fresh and delicious.
The hotel and bar staff were equally great and showed a genuine interest in taking care of me as a guest. The impression I get is that people enjoy working at the Bahia and
it shows. I'm looking forward to my next visit and will recommend the Bahia to
friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Bahia Hotel...THE GEM OF MEDANO BEACH
The Bahia Hotel has become our hotel of choice in Cabo. We've stayed there 4 times and each time, it just gets better. When we were there last July, the hotel was under renovation. We had been there 6 months earlier and were absolutely amazed at what they had accomplished between December 2009 and July 2010.

The pool has a Zen like feel with luxurious 2 person beds to enjoy the sun on. There are flowy curtains all around the pool area and better yet, there's free Wi-fi by the pool and in the lobby. During our last visit (July, 2010) some friends who were staying across the street at the Cabo Villas come by for a visit they said they wished they had booked a room at the Bahia rather than the Villas! And we were in one of the not yet renovated rooms! Now that’s a pretty good recommendation from people who were staying at a much newer and more expensive hotel.

I would highly recommend the Bahia Hotel based on the fantastic service, great value, and perfect proximity to Medano Beach, the Marina, and Downtown shopping. It looks like all the renovations are complete and we can’t wait to head back down for a much needed visit to our favorite place in the world!

Thanks to the entire staff of the Bahia for making our stay so amazing!
Hope to see you this December.

Room Tip: We've had pool & street view rooms, both were wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Well what can I say to a review like that other than thank you and see you soon. We have been getting lots of referrals from quests like your selves and its without a doubt the best advertising.
Our going is to connect with our guests listen to the feedback and offer a quality, fun experience. I remember your group well and had fun hanging out with you!!! See you in December bookk early we are starting to get lots of reservations
Lee

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My best friend got married in Cabo and her wedding planner got us a sweet deal at the Bahia Hotel. No ocean views but the ocean is literally across the street. It is super convenient - a short walk to everything. We stayed in a newly remodeled room and it was beautiful. It's very modern and spacious and the beds are incredibly comfortable. The hotel staff was super friendly and the new bar/restaurant is casual yet trendy. The pool has a nice swim up bar and everything was clean and well maintained. The valet parking is free, wi-fi is free, and the mushroom pizza is amazing. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We have actually booked two weddings recently with guests who have come to other weddings and decided to have there wedding at the bahia. We have designed specific wedding packages due to the demand and are excited to offer wedding pachages for this season. I appreciate the value commentI. We are very fortunate to have a staff that works very hard at making the guests feel at home and enhancing there vacation experience.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Overall, I'm overall not a big Cabo fan and so when my boyfriend suggested we go, I was a bit hesitant. I didn't want "big all-inclusive" nor did I want showy "brand" - I wanted boutique, high-end, super chic and comfortable. I wanted to be around people that didn't have to show off what they do or wear, but you knew they were educated and well-heeled just by the way they are...I loved everything about what this hotel stands for and what it does for its guests. (Oh and HELLO, it's on the swimming beach...which is so important to me!) There isn't a cool, sort of "South Beach chic" kind of spot in Los Cabos and this place will most certainly be the new, hip spot to hang out for sure. We already booked for the winter. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Ask front desk - the staff is amazing!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Thank you for the review. We now hope you are a Cabo fan and part of the Bahia family. When we first bought the property in 2007 the roads in the area were just being redone, creating the revitilization of the Medano Beach area. Once this was completed we designed the hotel to fit the landscape and offer casual sophistication, great food and personalized service in the best location. The swimable beach is one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the world and guests love the water sport and easy access. Look foward to seeing you this winter