“Amazing spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 28 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Fontana, California
“Amazing spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Had an amazing time at Castillo Blarney! Brian is such a wonderful manager, super friendly and accommodating. He took us around town and showed where to go for a good time. We loved the privacy and hospitality! All the staff was very friendly and helpful..would definitely recommend this location to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great hotel, about a 20 min walk into town or a $8 cab.
CONS:
owner failed to tell us the resturant that is listed under ammenities was infact closed the entire time we were there.
wifi is only in one single spot in the hotel, not in our room
TV only gets 2 channels
DVD player is present but no DVDs
water was shut off one morning, but we weren't told about it
airport shuttle tried to drop us off at a different hotel since they had never heard of castillo blarney inn

PROS:
staff is friendly
decent breakfast
great view
hammock on the balcony
nice pool/hottub
close enough to some great resutrants
quiet location
large clean rooms
on site security in the evenings Adrian is very nice and helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gypsumville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

In January, my husband and I were to spend two nights at the Inn before checking into our timeshare. We had to unexpectedly cancel our trip and requested a refund from the Inn as we had already paid for our rooms with a credit card. At first, we received no response from the Inn. However, once an employee named Lorraine read about our problem through an email I had sent, we were contacted immediately. Within a couple weeks, we received a cheque returning what we had paid for the accommodation with a little extra added to the cheque. It was in American currency funds and we had no trouble cashing it at our Canadian bank. We were so pleased with this that, we are looking forward to a future stay at the Inn whenever we have the opportunity to visit Cabo San Lucas . Congrats to Lorraine! for making this a good experience.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 770LindaS770
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stood here about a year ago and had an amazing time. Brian treated my group and I very well. He had great recommendations to eat and activities like the catamaran boat ride. He even offered to show us around and we were all glad we took him up on the offer. The view is picture perfect and close to a hiking trail. I'm heading back in a few weeks because I want a great place to stay, this is it folks.

• Stayed September 2012
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I pride myself on researching hotels before my many trips all over the world, but this time I even surprised myself. This lodging is so unique and private, I would have paid much more to stay here (just don't tell Brian). The hotel itself sits up above the city of Los Cabos and the view is both striking and magical. Brian makes this place feel like your home away from home, and his staff are like a part of the family. Sonya, Evelyn, Pancho and Adrian seem to always be just where you want them, when you want them, and they are very eager to please. The one drawback is the climb up the hill, but if you enjoy walking it just enhances the experience. Our friends came to visit us during our stay and one of them is almost 70; he climbed the hill with no problem. I would say if you are in poor physical health, it could prove too much of a challenge though and you would probably want to use a cab to go into The city and back.
The surroundings are picturesque with a lovely pool and hot tub. The rooms have their own kitchen, a sitting area and balcony looking out to where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet. If you like to step away from the noisy crowds to a private oasis after some heavy touring then this is the place for you. I felt like I had found a little hidden treasure when i returned to our room after wending through the busy, bustling town. My personal vacation philosophy is "No repeats" because I believe life is short and there are too many places I want to visit in my lifetime, but if I were to return to Cabos, this is the only place I would stay. The combination of beautiful scenery, privacy, exercise, and personal attention can't be beat. I wish I could find a place like this everywhere I travelled.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Majorabina
High River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We shared the penthouse sweet with another couple. There is more than enough room and privacy is not a problem. There are 2 queen bedrooms with an on suite for both plus another bathroom just outside the front door if needed. If your looking for posh, busy and fussy 5star accommodations then this may not be to your liking, but if you want to be in a place that feels comfortable, inviting with friendly staff and a manager that treats you as a friend then please try it out. The staff accommodates your schedules and if you have any problems they are taken care of very promptly. There are only 9 rooms (all spacious), with 1or 2 staff members always around plus a night watchman from 6 pm to 6 am, we never felt unsafe. Many of the people that where staying in the other suites return to the Blarney each year for its home like and family feel. The castle is approx 1mile from down town and the marina which we walked each night easily though a taxi is only around 7 dollars each way (so we hear).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Brian told me that i could save money by paying in advance this next trip, Well we had a family emergency and he told me he would send a refund via his partner is california. Well after three months of waiting and calling and emailing he finally said he would take care of it. two months later still nothing. He was never gonna refund the 1250 dollars we paid for the room.

Room Tip: Dont pay brian in advance