Tripadvisor
Cabo San Lucas
All reviews craig harrison palapa bar rented unit washer dryer playa grande satellite tv through vrbo master bedroom beautiful condo outdoor furniture rooftop deck toilet paper the penthouse private beach pacific side comforts of home beach towels
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Terrasol and Turtle's Crossing were everything that was advertised and more! Beautiful Condo with outstanding Ocean views, the swim up bar made us happy pretty much every day, Terrasol is so quiet and relaxing for that decompression from "real life" yet the walk to the marina and town for a little action is literally 5-10 min. Working with Craig Harrison was fantastic, smooth with no issues to frustrate us on our vacation. As a matter of fact everything was so smooth we didn't have to reach out even once for anything.....perfect!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2019

I am a 48 ur old married man w a 16-yr old and 26 Our family stayed at Terrasol for 8 nights in June of 2019. My wife and I, 50-ish and our 16 and 26 yr old kids.

We rented a unit from Craig Harrison - he owns several units and manages several more. We chose unit 219 which overlooks the pool and ocean. We originally found Terrasol on VRBO, but after some research, found a better way to rent (directly through Craig). We saved a bunch of money and their rates are unbeatable for what you get!!!

Terrasol is on a QUIET beach (except sounds of waves crashing) next to two FUN hotels. (All inclusive type hotels). We feel like we are in one MEGA resort, with the most tranquil room location and view.

The kids hopped over to Grand Playa several days to play in their “super” pools. Us old folks enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Terrasol pool - which rarely had more than 4-5 people. I am sure it is busier in the high season, but Grand Playa would be too. Think of it this way, Terrasol is the adult pool, Grand Playa is the kids pool. (PS- We never received one bit of pushback using the other pool.)

The pool at Terrasol has a Palapa swim up bar and restaurant. Mario has been at Terrasol over 20 years and is awesome. There was another bartnder who was slow as molasses, but super nice. Just don’t expect her to do two things at once. Felt like Hawaii. Ha.

The food was fantastic. Did not have a bad meal here. Drinks were a bit limited - some tradition tropical drinks, Margaritas and Mexican beers. If you want a GOOD beer, head next door to Playa Grande. They have an IPA on tap that is delicious. It was the only IPA I found in cabo. Terrasol bar prices were the best of anywhere.

The room was perfect. Everything we needed. Like walking in to your own condo. Although we stopped and got basic necessities, the condo had much of it. Shampoo, condiments, towels. There was even some liquor in the cabinet (we abstained from it - prefer to know 100% what is in my bottle). Pool towels are very similar to Playa Grande. You blend right in over there.

AC worked great. Needed it the first couple days. Bad!!!! But then the weather cooperated and the nice breezes that swept through the condo eliminated the need fir AC.

We fell in love with this place SO much, I emailed Craig and asked what was available for sale. He showed up the next morning and showed me a few units for sale. They are not all created equal. Craig was very specific with what I’d need to do to a couple units if he were to manage them. He doesn’t want anything but the best for his renters.

The last unit we walked into (unit 117) was AMAZING!!! 100% remodeled and EXCELLENT location. Craig mentioned it would rent for a bit more than 219 because of the location (ocean view and steps from pool, but far enough away to not be badgered w the noise) and the quality of their remodel. We placed an offer yesterday and are waiting to hear back. If we get it, great. If not, we always can come back and rent.

At the end of the day, here is why you can expect: 1) more peace and quiet than the other resorts. 2) walk to marina and all the nightlife (should you want to), 3) no cab fares going up and down the corridor 3) grounds are meticulously maintained 4) most affordable food and drinks in the area (and delicious) 5) no 18-20 year olds hollering at the top of their lungs and being belligerent.

After speaking with Craig about the overall community and the HOAs approach to protecting this gem, I knew this would be my future vacation spot. That is why we want to buy. We have been going to Hawaii for the last several years and spending a fortune. Terrasol is an affordable and beautiful place where you can enjoy time with family while being close enough that individuals can do their own thing each day (except my 16-yr old - ha).

We had ZERO issues with our unit and when I reached out to Craig for info on units for sale, he was attentive, honest and straight-forward. I am a customer service fanatic at my company. And you can tell Craig is also.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank THEBARKINGTUNA
cabocraig, Manager at Terrasol Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2019

What a family, Troy has - a wonderful wife, two great mature and responsible [highly-educated] kids - and they lover Terrasol, one of my units #219 - and they looked at 4 condos for sale [there are 8 - but 4 r not worth looking at in my "expert opinion" - it was a waste of time - I knew which one they would buy - they were no tyre-kickers, they were serious, we put the deal together in less than 24 hours - and it will be on-line and eminently rentable October 1 - with a new Gas BBQ, blinds, a Modern queen sleeper sofa - that's all this stunning condo requires to make it one of the best condos in Terrasol !! Thank u Troy & Family

Cabo-Craig

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Our entire trip my husband kept repeating "This is the best family vacation ever!"
I was a little nervous about the trip since we'd never been to Cabo, but I felt completely safe in our resort - Terrasol and around the marina and town of Cabo. Since we were first timers we didn't venture out much at night, but I think it would have been just fine.

The Terrasl Resort is beautiful, well maintained, has very easy access to the town and marina and is so quiet! We didn't see more than 6-8 people at the pool at a time. If you want a party atmosphere you can walk to the resort on either side and go to their clubs and restaurants as well.

We rented Unit 235 - the 3-bedroom penthouse. We slept 7 very comfortably. Much cheaper than a hotel room and tons of space! The kitchen is well stocked, there are plenty of chairs, pool toys and a BBQ. The view was so wonderful that we ate most meals on the large balcony.

The pool bar & restaurant was delicious and very reasonably priced. The chef even cooked the Grouper (fish) my son caught and laid out a spread of fish tacos with chips and salsa for only $6 per person.

We will definitely be back!

Room tip: #235 - on the beach!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2019

This was our first time in Cabo and we stayed and rented a condo at Terrasol on vrbo. This condo was awesome for just a couple, beachfront, sliding glass doors in bedroom and living room. It was at least 80-85 everyday and never used air conditioning. Its gated, an older, safe and quiet community. NOT for the partying kind of person. Spent everyday at some point at the Palapa bar which has swim up bar and has breakfast and lunch type food til 5:30 pm .Mario, Mauricio, Tina and Pancho will take care of you there and Carlos and Ester will take care of you at the front desk. Did surf fishing right out front of condo. The marina is less than a 10 minute walk away for some shopping, food, bars. Will definitely stay there again!

Room tip: They differ, condo rental price depends on the owner. Read reviews and talk to to property manager!!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
cabocraig, Owner at Terrasol Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Hi Jessica:

I see you rented through VRBO - I knew David & Lynn Close, who not only founded VRBO in the 1980's [before most mortals knew what a computer was], but they created the concept and the Vacation Rental Category. Regretfully, they sold out to Homeaway about a decade ago - & the new bureaucracy has become harder & harder to use, & more expensive for rental owners & renters - who are now forced to pay an additional 10% "Service Fee" to VRBO !! And this goes for all Terrasol condos - except the ones I own & manage - because I have my own web-site ...... Terrasol-Cabo [dot com]. No Service-Charge for "far better personalized service" !! What a concept !!

So when someone rents through me, they get extra service and information [10-Pg.-PDF], for less money !! And, all of my rental rates INCLUDE Terrasol Nightly Fees - which most VRBO rentals do not mention - but renters "find out" about these when they try to check-out on their last day - and are billed for them at the Front Desk.

FYI - Terrasol is a singularly unique and private, quiet Resort at Lands' End, in a "sea" of either noisy All-Inclusives & Timeshares or High-End Resorts, where you pay a fortune to stay and eat and play. Compare this to Terrasol [just over 100 condos, small and private, low-density, where rates are reasonable - I have renters who have returned year after year after year, for decades ...... already, I have over 350 days booked in the Jan-Apr 2020 period already [90% are repeat stays], and all longer than a week in length - many 2-4 weeks !

So, next time you are choosing Cabo - make a paradigm shift, try Terrasol on for size and try "direct booking" through me and enjoy your next Cabo-Vacation more, spending less .......... Cabo-Craig

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Cannot express how much TerraSol and Cabo in general blew away my expectations. This was my first time in Cabo and Craig who we rented through made everything extremely easy with tons of info and recommendations. The resort has 2 pools one with a swim up palapa bar and restaurant (Mario who runs the bar 6 days a week has been there for 18 years and takes immense pride in his work and will do his best to take care of you!). The resort is right on the southern tip of the peninsula and looks out on the ocean and is right on the beach. There are also some great hiking locations really close by and we made the climb to lovers beach multiple times.

The marina which is the hub for Cabo is a short walk away which gave us access to amazing food drinks and all things tourist. Even with TerraSol being so close to the main bustle the resort itself is very peaceful and quiet. Quiet enough that at night you can hear seals calling in the distance.

The unit we stayed in 116 was newly remodeled and modernized. Full kitchen so we were able to cook in the unit. Beautifully furnished and decorated. There is a beautiful view from the window day bed that faces the ocean, my wife spent hours there soaking in the sun and reading.

An assortment of beach/pool toys, snorkel mask, beach towels, men's and women's sun hats were all provided to borrow within the unit which saved us having to buy many of these items ourselves

The front desk staff was so accommodating and helped us get taxis, a rental car, and gave tons of recommendations as to where to visit.

We are leaving tomorrow morning but I already can't wait to come back!

Trip type: Traveled with family