“The very best snorkeling experience for family!”
Review of Amigos del Mar

Amigos del Mar
More attraction details
Owner description: Amigos Del Mar is one of the leading SCUBA diving operators in Cabo San Lucas, Mexio - many say the leading SCUBA diving operator - and has been for the last 30+ years. This is due to our outstanding safety record, our service levels, our location and our resort partners. We have pioneered many of the legendary dive sites in the Sea of Cortes and, in fact, Amigos Del Mar pioneered recreational diving in Cabo San Lucas back in the 1970's.
Ethel, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The very best snorkeling experience for family!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am not a fan of the hotel snorkeling "excursions". If you want a family-friendly superbly safe experience, you need to snorkel with Amigo's del Mar. Our crew captained by Luis, took us to experience Humpback whales breaching right before us. More in a custom snorkeling adventure where Luis absolutely put my seven year old daughter at ease, and for once in my life I actually thought someone was more attentive to safety than I. I could Rave about Luis and his crew,as these two gentlemen treated us to an amazing experience. I am handicapped and often not able to "do" everything I would like to. Luis Made it possible, safe and outstanding!

Visited December 2013

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best teacher we could have asked for!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

After Sara did a scuba tutorial at our hotel this week, we had to book a tour with her! All first time drivers, she was so friendly, knowledgable and accommodating. If she hasn't been the one at our hotel giving mini-lessons, I can almost guarantee we wouldn't have sought out the experience. Once we got there, got out on the boat and suited up I was starting to have second thoughts. As soon as I got into the water I panicked, telling Sara I didn't want to do the dive anymore. I'm stubborn, but she was so calm and talked me down. We went over all the hand signals and safety precautions again, then she had me start slowly putting my head underwater. I literally didn't think there was anyway I would feel comfortable doing the dive…but she managed to make me feel safe, competent and calm. During the dive I needed to come up once because my nerved got to me, and again, I was sure that that was it for me. But once again, with no pressure or annoyance, she helped me calm down and regain my confidence.
We all ended up having the best time! The other tour with us and our boat captain were so lovely and kind - it made for an awesome experience I will surely remember for the rest of my life. Thanks so much Sara!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Molly G
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sara made a scuba diver out of my 12 year old son!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went to Cabo for a family vacation over the Thanksgiving holiday and stayed at Club Cascadas . Sara Welsh was offering free scuba intro lessons at the resort pool and talked my son, Jackson, into giving it a try. He was very nervous and only agreed to try it for a couple of minutes. Sara was amazing! She put him at ease immediately and had him swimming along the bottom of the pool with the scuba gear within 5 minutes. Once he was comfortable, she taught him to clear is ears, mask and regulator under water and how to control his buoyancy. He was so excited about the experience, he convinced his older cousin, Jill (19 years old) to learn from Sara too. For the next two days, both of them kept begging us to let them do an open water 'resort dive' with Sara through Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop ($115). Sara was extremely calm and made both kids feel secure on their first open water dive. This diving experience was the highlight of our trip and my son is eager to get his scuba certification. Since both his dad and I are certified divers, we are thrilled about this!!!

Sara is one of the best diving instructors i have ever seen and I would strongly recommend her to anyone who wants to learn to dive, even if you have had a bad experience before. She is patient, enthusiastic and very knowledgeable - and a true pleasure to dive with!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Cindy D
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amigos Del Mar was a Fantastic Dive Shop!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I met Sara Welsh at the pool at Club Cascadas and booked a dive tour with Amigos Del Mar in Cabo.
Because of the very positve way that Sara gave a pool re-introduction to the sport, myself and 2 friends went on a dive tour. Sara was very professional. She made everyone feel very comfortable.
The Amigos Del Mar operation was great! Ask for Sara!.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Kelso S
Burlingame, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great awesome first dive experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I just returned from Cabo San Lucas where I checked off one of my "bucket list" items. I went scuba diving for the first and LOVED it. Sara came to our hotel and gave free lessons in the pool to see how comfortable you are and show you what to do. I booked the dive for four days later. I was nervous and the weather wasnt great so when I got to the dive shop I asked if we were still going. We were and they said the conditions were perfect. My husband and two friends went on the boat with us but I was the only diver. Another dive instructor, Marissa, wanted to go along for fun because she heard the conditions were great. Boy were they right. The sea lions were so playful, interacting with us, and we saw manta rays, eels and so much wildlife, it was like another city down there. After an initial nervousness at the beginning, I was able to enjoy almost 40 minutes "down under" and it was amazing. Sara stayed by my side the entire time, was very attentive, checking my "ok: signal constantly, checking my air tank. Marissa was along for fun and took awesome pictures, of which they gave me a CD of about 50 pictures.

I would higly recommend them to anyone wanting to dive in Cabo. And it was VERY reasonable. $115 included everything! My friends got to go on the excursion for $10 each.

Nancy