“ex pat hangout”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great little bar in the plaza in front of cabo wabo. Good value and good people. Live music at night. If you want to eat they have a great relationship with the little restarant that shares the plaza. Outstanding tacos are brought to you at the bar.

1  Thank michaeljandj

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nothing fancy, just a great outdoor place to have a few cold ones. You can grab Tacos from next door and there's always some interesting people around (and behind) the bar to talk to. Right outside Cabo Wabo so good for people watching too!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have been going to Cabo San Lucas for about 10 years . Our favorite bar has always been Rip's Bar ( in front of Cabo Wabo). We've always had great service at a reasonable price and felt this is the most reputable establishment in all of Cabo. Something happened this trip that validated our belief. One of our friends had been drinking a lot before we arrived and departed before we did. Chuy (the bartender) came to me and said my friend screwed up. There were three $100 bills in the tip jar which were obviously supposed to be ones. Chuy gave the three $100 bills to me and asked that I return them to my friend. He could've easily kept the money which has been given to him. You don't find honesty like this much in today's world. I want to thank Chuy, Ivan. David and the entire crew at Rip's. Debbie the manager is very involved in helping the community. I always knew that she and the entire crew were very honest and this just validated my belief.
Thanks to Rip's for a great time,
Rick

2  Thank Rick P
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Right at the base of the back stairs to Cabo Wabo, this open air bar beats its big neighbor hands down in both value and people watching. Save your pesos and stop at Rip's on your way to Cabo Wabo. Taco Loco will even deliver their food to you while at Rip's. Definitely one of the more lively places to be in that area of Cabo.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a fun time interacting with the staff and locals who seems to gravitate to this bar located just steps away from CABO WABO.
Always a special or three.