“Unexpected Delight in Cabo - Wonderful Food and Ambiance”
Review of Los Cabos Winery

Los Cabos Winery
Ranked #189 of 560 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cabo Winery Restaurant at los Cabos Winery is now open again after hurricane Oldie devastated our winery and restaurant and many other Cabo businesses September 2014. We reopened in a new location on 15 January 2016 in Central downtown Cabo San lucas on the corner of Miguel Hidalgo and lazaro Cardenas streets. We offer wines from Mexico, Chile, Argentina as well as our own label premium wines imported from Napa, sonoma and the central coast of CA in barrels, blended and bottled here in Cabo. We are open Monday through Saturday for Wine tasting and Lunch from 10 AM to 2:30 PM. Lunch includes soup, salads, sandwiches, panini, Pork sliders, ceviche. Outdoor service with sidewalk tables overlooking the park or our comfortable air conditioned comfortable dining room lounge surrounded with works of art. The cabo Winery Restaurant serves Dinner from 6 to 9:30 PM most of your favorite dishes and a few new innovations for your dining pleasure. We have the recreated the warm comfortable environment in our new winery restaurant with candlelight and mellow jazz background or live music tuesday through Friday, AND...the famous Daline Jones entertains you with her magic voice on wednesdays. After hours JAZZ Jam sessions Wednesday Friday and Saturdays. in our Cabo Wine & Jazz Lounge, from 10 PM to the wee hours. Los Cabos has some of the finest Jazz musicians in the Americas. Many professionals vacation in Cabo and you never know who is going to sit in. Come for a late dinner and stay for the show!! (Reservations suggested)
Sachse, Texas
“Unexpected Delight in Cabo - Wonderful Food and Ambiance”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My fiancé and I ate at Los Cabos Winery on our most recent trip to Cabo. This was an excellent, quaint little restaurant/winery in town and we would definitely go back. Robert (the owner) gave us a little tour of the winery and showed us how everything works while our dinner was being prepared.

The food turned out to be fantastic. The Service was Impeccable. The Atmosphere Romantic.

We highly recommend this place for a couple to enjoy a very nice evening.

• Visited July 2013

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and ambiance”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We recently went with the family on a Wed night where there was very nice music. We were greeted very well by the general manager Marco and later by the owner Robert. The service was excellent and had good food choices. We selected the shrimp dish with coconut and mango, and the steak and lobster dish. The kids had the paste del mar. All the dishes had very nice spices and taste, the sauces were not over powering.

In the back they have a very nice setup for private parties and also have barrels of wine where they bottle their own wine.

Overall very pleasant experience and would visit again on our next trip.

• Visited July 2013
Riverside, CA
“Food so so, wine not what we expected, value very poor.....”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

So I bought vouchers from Los Cabo Guide, and were excited to try a new place. When we arrived we were treated very well and greeted by John the owner. That is where things started to go down hill. We were a party of four, I ordered the garlic pepper shrimp, my wife ordered the pasta del mar, our friends ordered the sea bass/shrimp combo and angel hair pasta with shrimp.
The pasta dishes were poor, with the pasta del mar having one shrimp and a few small bay scallops, three shrimp and no sauce (very dry and clumpy) for the angel hair pasta dish. While the garlic chilli shrimp were tasty, my plate ($25) had just five shrimp, and my frinds plate was a very tasteless piece of fish and three shrimp. The garnishes were not to hot either with my friend having severely undercooked rice.
We ordered wine as well, three glasses of a Chilean Chardonnay, and an Argentinian Cabernet and while all were decent, we were disappointed with lack of selection and high price. At 10 bucks per glass for the chardonnay, we felt gouged and the $14 bucks per glass for the Cab was an equally poor value as well. Really disappointing for the place we thought would offer some really interesting and outstanding wines, just glad we did not go for the $200/bottle of wine offered as Los Cabos Winery wine, actually a wine that was not made by the restaurateur only aged in oak and bottled by him. Really?? $200 per bottle ?

My guess in all of this is that Los Cabos Winery is in a bad location in Cabo on a street that is populated by mostly seedy strip clubs, so he gets practically no walk in traffic, perhaps that drives his cost of business so high he needs to charge ridiculous prices for food and wine that is in most cases not even "okay". He told me he is moving next to NikSan in town, which will certainly help his business with a much better location, but he needs to work on his food quality and portions if he wants to have customers come more than once. Until that happens, enjoy the really good restaurants in Cabo and leave this one alone.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cabo_cpl
El Dorado Hills, California, United States
“The excellent, the good, the bad and the ugly...”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Los Cabos Winery. We have been to Cabo every year for the past 3 years and we strive to try new places each visit. A friend mentioned this place so we thought we would give it a try. After our meal, as my wife and I were heading back into town, I had only one word to describe our dining experience, "disappointing." But, there was some good along with some bad and some ugly that need explaining. First off the excellent, the waiters we had, Marco and Jorge, were fabulous and we had live jazz music and the singer and the pianist were excellent. We ordered the "tapas" size bruschetta and loved it - I was hopeful the rest of the evening would go likewise. The flavors of the bruschetta were literally the best I have had - guess I should have ordered the large size and eaten that for my meal. Next up the good. I had seared ahi and my wife had coconut shrimp. My first few bites of the ahi were very good but the more I ate the more plain it became. I'm not sure how you can get seared ahi to be dry but it really was dry. My wife enjoyed her shrimp and the bites I had of it I can say it was good, but not great (we'll get into price later). Ok, on to the bad. For something called a "winery" I expected a much more extensive wine list. The wine list was extremely minimal and limited. Well, I can live with that if the wines were decent. Granted, we got one bottle and I can only comment on the one bottle we got and drank - it was just ok (we'll get into the price later). Now the ugly and now we'll get to the price. The wine was $450 pesos, or about $37.50. As I mentioned it was good but at $12-$15 it was good, for $37.50 it was WAY overpriced - I wished I had sent it back but there were just one other cab on the menu, unless you wanted to opt for the $2,250 peso variety of the Los Cabos Winery Cabernet - sorry, not paying $187.50 for something I don't have any experience with. Overall, we paid over $150 for a dinner that I would rate just fair. If I'm going to pay $150 for dinner then there are much better options for great food in Cabo for a whole lot less. I can get a wonderful dinner in San Francisco, including great wine, for less than this. Also, if I go to dinner at a "winery" I expect a somewhat sizable and respectable wine list and for this reason I would not recommend this restaurant. Unique to Cabo (at least that I am aware) is that the Los Cabos Winery is really a winery and will be bottling and selling their own wine. However, I would strongly recommend to Robert (the owner) to add a mix of reds and whites in different price ranges that are not his own. Finally, one more excellent. Our waiter mentioned different after dinner drinks and while my wife and I were both saying no, he said they had one that was a mix of Bailey's and Frangelico that was excellent. We're not one for after dinner drinks but he said it was an amazing combination - ok, sold. It was amazing so we had another and I'm looking forward to recreating this one at home as it was like drinking dessert!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Don B
Houston, Texas
“GREAT SPOT!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have lived in Cabo for years, but have never tried the Los Cabos Winery. We went the other day to celebrate my birthday, what a great spot. Robert is the owner. He personally took us on a tour of the restaurant and winery operation. It is obvious he takes great pride in all the details. The live music was terrific. This is a great spot for a romantic dinner or to go with a group of friends. We will definitely go back and recommend this gem to our friends. Thank you Michael Aviani for the birthday present.

• Visited May 2013