“Not what was expected” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Cabos Winery

Los Cabos Winery
Ranked #174 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cabo Winery Restaurant at los Cabos Winery is now open again after hurricane Oldie devastated our winery and restaurant and many other Cabo businesses September 2014. We reopened in a new location on 15 January 2016 in Central downtown Cabo San lucas on the corner of Miguel Hidalgo and lazaro Cardenas streets. We offer wines from Mexico, Chile, Argentina as well as our own label premium wines imported from Napa, sonoma and the central coast of CA in barrels, blended and bottled here in Cabo. We are open Monday through Saturday for Wine tasting and Lunch from 10 AM to 2:30 PM. Lunch includes soup, salads, sandwiches, panini, Pork sliders, ceviche. Outdoor service with sidewalk tables overlooking the park or our comfortable air conditioned comfortable dining room lounge surrounded with works of art. The cabo Winery Restaurant serves Dinner from 6 to 9:30 PM most of your favorite dishes and a few new innovations for your dining pleasure. We have the recreated the warm comfortable environment in our new winery restaurant with candlelight and mellow jazz background or live music tuesday through Friday, AND...the famous Daline Jones entertains you with her magic voice on wednesdays. After hours JAZZ Jam sessions Wednesday Friday and Saturdays. in our Cabo Wine & Jazz Lounge, from 10 PM to the wee hours. Los Cabos has some of the finest Jazz musicians in the Americas. Many professionals vacation in Cabo and you never know who is going to sit in. Come for a late dinner and stay for the show!! (Reservations suggested)
“Not what was expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ended up being disappointed with the meal, learned later that the regular Chef was not working and they were having a fill in. The meals are expensive and not worth it. The place is out of the way and difficult to find. It no longer makes wine so the name is somewhat misleading.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Midwesterncanuck

Dumfries, Virginia
“The talented chef has left the building !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a disappointment--have been to the winery Several times over the past three years and now that nylon Sanchez has moved to montechristo I will make sure to stay
There and have the d-e-l-i-c-o-u-s food from one of the best. Honestly I don't know who the new person is but we suggest get rid of him. Made reservations well in advance. Assured food was as good as before-Not so-cold rice, rubbery lobster, precooked coconut shrimp, and fishy tasting sea bass. Big crowd came in for the singer and pianist--watched a few patrons return food. Robert is no longer making his affordable wine(cheapest bottle on menu $175!!!) can't brag anymore and it was a shame to spend $300!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ourtake
Chicago, Illinois
“Still the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have you ever had a wonderful experience at a restaurant and then been hesitant to go there again because you're afraid that the next visit can't possibly measure up and it will ruin the memory? I reviewed the Los Cabos Winery on February 1, 2012 (go look it up if you want to see my raves), and my wife and I brought good friends with us who would appreciate the wine, food and entertainment. But would it measure up to our memories?
Fortunately, and amazingly, it was even better than I had remembered. The owner, Robert, gave us a humorous and fascinating tour of the wine-making facilities. Dinner was fabulous. We like the sea bass best, which melted in our mouths. (Robert told us that they have a new chef, the previous sous-chef, who has kept the best of the previous chef's dishes, but improved them (and is plating bigger portions).) The wines were excellent, but surprisingly the restuarant was out of its own wines and in the process of making more.
And we were fortunate that on the night we went (Wednesday) Daline Jones was performing. She is an old fashioned torch singer with a beautiful silky voice, and she sat and chatted with us after her performance (three sets) was over.
My visit reinforced my belief that Los Cabos Winery is the best restaurant in Cabo -- at least if you are a "foodie" or wine lover. My wife and our friends agreed. And it wasn't even that expensive: the tab came to about $90 per couple, and that included two bottles of wine for the four of us. It's not for everyone. I wouldn't expect families with small children or spring break teens to appreciate it. But for anyone with sophisticated tastes in fine dining, it would be criminal not to experience Los Cabos Winery while vacationing there.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington
“Great Wine And Entertainment, All At A Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been coming to Cabo for 13 years and finally stopped at the Los Cabos Winery. Being from Washington state, I never thought of drinking wine wine in Cabo. We even bring our own wine with us. My thoughts have changed. The Los Cabos Winery is the jewel of the town. Yes, it is a little hard to find, but worth the trouble. Between 12-2 you can taste wines and get the tour with Robert the owner. What a nice guy. No pressure relaxed atmospher.
Be sure to make reservations for Wednesday night. The place is packed with regulars and a line to get in. The jazz music alone is worth the price of dinner and wine. Did I mention the affordable and very fair price? Have the two surfs and a turf. Cooked perfectly and a great price.
Thanks Robert for a great time. Thanks for the appetizers and the chicken soup during our tasting. I hope your wife feels better. I know its not on the menue,But tell her that her soup is excellent
Matt and Suzanne

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Los Cabos winery after reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor. We arrived and immediatley were pleased with the atmosphere. Our server was very nice.

The food took nearly and hour to arrive... And was terrible! The lobster was WAY overlooked and zero flavor. It was so plain and was tough.

The owner came around to introduce himself..... and just hung out. What a creepy little man.

The food was way overpriced and the wine is not impressive at all.

We left the resturant and walked back to town. It's only about 3-4 blocks from the mall. Well that was the one of the scariest 3-4 blocks ever. We later found out the resturant is not in a very good part of town. We passed several local strip clubs and bars along the way.

We won't be back here and I don't recommend anyone else go here.

1 Thank Eleven01
RobertTurnage, Owner at Los Cabos Winery, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I apologize for your poor experience at the Cabo Winery restaurant, at the Los CAbos Winery. As you can read by other reviews, your experience is not normal aqndis just the opposite.

I try to meet my clients personally to say hello when they first arrive and welcome them to the restaurant. If asked, I suggest food and wine pairings. I also let them know that if they need anything the waiter cant help them with, they should ask for me to come to their table.

I purposely try to maintain a subtle presence on the restaurant floor to be available if needed.
We have a romantic dimly lit ambiance and try to be there if needed but not in your face. We are defiantly not the style of restaurant that tries to turn tables and push drinks. We try to make your experience as mellow and unobtrusive as possible with good service and great food.

After dinner, I usually try to stop by the table to ask if every thing was OK. If you had a dish that was not up to your standards, that would have been the time to bring it to our attention I would have had it made again, suggested an alternative dish or, removed it from your bill.

I must admit our Kitchen was slow this last week because our normal chief who has been here for 1.5 years, was called back to Guadalajara on the mainland last Saturday March 2nd because his Father was gravely ill and was in intensive care at a hospital.
His father passed away on Monday the 4th.
We had to fill the void with a recent graduate of culinary school, our sous chief who is in training at the Winery Restaurant. He did the best he could and obviously needs more training.

Our chief is returning on Sunday Mar 10 and will be back in the kitchen this next week. You are welcome to take a complimentary taxi and come back in to have a lobster dinner also complimentary.

I appreciate constructive criticism as I am constantly trying to improve my restaurant.

My Wife, my 4 year old daughter, my staff and I did a search for the creepy guy you said you saw hanging out in the restaurant but couldn't find him.

Best Regards