“Food was Fabulous”

Ranked #46 of 588 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Los Tres Gallos is a culinary experience for those in search of the true aromas and flavors of traditional Mexican cuisine
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for another. We quickly looked it up on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. The Tacos Del Mar included lobster, shrimp and scallops which my husband ordered and loved. I got a simply grilled white tail in garlic butter but was probably was the best and freshest fish I have ever had. The kitchen is open so you can watch your meals being cooked by the very skilled women of the restaurant. You can watch them making fresh tortillas and bread as well. Oh and let's not forget the margaritas. Try the Cadillac margarita...my personal favorite. We enjoyed this place so much we went twice and will definitely return on our next trip.

There are newer reviews for Los Tres Gallos

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The courtyard setting of the restaurant is very nice as it affords a view into the cooking area. The mexican food is very fresh and well done. My wife had the pork dish and I had chicken mole, both which were excellent. It was fun to watch the chef cooking the tortillas for each order. The service was excellent and the setting very soothing. I think this is one of the most authentic mexican food places in Cabo.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We are locals and I am Mexican, I know about authentic food. This place not only add fruit to the mole. There is no flavor in any if the dishes we ordered. We visited this place many times as we love the quelite salad (even though was sweeter also). Yesterday we order a Chile relleno with mole sauce and they charged us for two whole dishes ~instead of charging just for the sauce, they charged for chicken mole and the Chile relleno which it had a lump inedible cheese.... The enchiladas, were sent back as they were tastless and soggy. $10.00 Tamanindo Margarita and wine was very good.
Prices were up from a few months ago. So.... Food went down and prices went up. Insanity!
The decor is very cute with hard wooden chairs and no cushions. The service is excellent even though there was not a manager to talk to.

1  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The food is really bad. It's lack of flavor. I'm Mexican and I was looking for a place to have an authentic Mexican dinner. This place has the dishes in its menu but not the flavor!!! I can't believe than not even the cheese is good! OMG seriously? How hard could it be to melt some cheese? Let's not talk about the pricing because it's not cheap.

Never again.

1  Thank Luis R
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband, daughter, Mother-in-law and I all thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at Los Tres Gallos. Down a little side street, the charming outdoor courtyard was perfect at night. Loved the atmosphere. It was also fun to watch them cook in the open kitchen. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful because there were some ingredients on the menu that we were not familiar with. He was happy to explain things and give recommendations. The Hibiscus Margarita was delicious! I highly recommend the Cochinita Pibil, a slightly spicy pork dish. If you want authentic Mexican cuisine, you will find it here. I would definitely go back because I want to try that "corn fungus" I keep hearing about.