“A must when in Cabo”

Ranked #44 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Los Tres Gallos is a culinary experience for those in search of the true aromas and flavors of traditional Mexican cuisine
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I loved this place. the setting is cozy, welcoming, and romantic. Tables are nicely placed around trees in an open patio, with twikly lights around. There's an open kitchen and chiles on display as you enter the place. If you watch them for a bit, you'll see there's a lot of care put into making the food. Service was great. Our server, Diego, spaced our meal nicely, and was very attentive. They even make a point to remember your name! They have amazing margaritas, my favorte was tamarind. The food, ah, the food...We had gorditas to start: squash blossom and huitlacoche. The first had a delicate flavor, and the later was more assertive, mushroom flavor, both delicious. Next was cactus with cheese. I loved everything abouth this dish, especially the black bean sauce. Mole soup came next, spicy, complex, delicious. our entree was lamb. We scooped out the lamb goodness with awesome hand made tortillas. I highly recommend this place for authentic Mexican food.

There are newer reviews for Los Tres Gallos

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had always wanted to try Tres Gallos for lunch and I was not disappointed. It has a charming outdoor area. They had the outdoor kitchen beautifully decorated with all different kinds of chiles. I learned that the restaurant was named after three famous Mexican singers. I ordered the tamarind margarita which was uniquely blended.. Then I ordered the squash blossom quesadilla that was very savory. I tried some grilled cactus and grilled onions that we're grilled perfectly. The homemade tortillas were some of the best I have ever tasted. The service was friendly and the meal was served quickly. I would highly recommend Tres Gallos while visiting Cabo San Lucas.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have been going to Cabo for many years and have been to many great restaurants over the years. We had heard about Los Tres Gallos the year before and made reservation before we started our trip. We loved it so much that we squeezed another dinner in towards the end of our stay! It is authentic Mexican so was worried about our children but ordered the chicken mole without the sauce and they LOVED it!! Menu was varied with fish, chicken, beef and pork dishes. I had the chicken mole one night and the scallop, lobster and shrimp tacos the next. Drinks were great and the prices for Cabo were very reasonable. Atmosphere was very romantic but didn't feel out of place with our children.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The food was exceptional.
The srevice very attentive and helpful
in helping us with choices.
This restaurant is very ambient and quaint.
Two blocks back from the harbour lining the harbour and
Twice as nice.
Our waiter Carlos was the best waiter you could ask for.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was one of my favorite meals of the trip. We went out early and that was a good thing. They were booked for the evening but they got us in. Excellent mango margaritas and spectacular service. The quaint courtyard setting was a hit with my wife. I had the excellent chicken mole, moist and tasty. The open kitchen allows your to observe all the fresh preperations. Make reservations and go enjoy a great evening.