“Wonderful!”

Ranked #51 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Los Tres Gallos is a culinary experience for those in search of the true aromas and flavors of traditional Mexican cuisine
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Read good reviews on TA as well as recommended at our hotel. Authentic
Mexican food! Carlos, our waiter was superb. He had great recommendations for entrees. We started with the speciality margaritas that were hand squeezed and they were excellent. We shared the pork dish that Carlos described and were not disappointed! This place has only been here 3 yrs and is on our list to visit on return trip. The setting is beautiful, an outside courtyard. Highly recommend this place!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I like the new enlarged kitchen closer to the front. Seeing the baskets of dried peppers & other ingredients and watching the cooks at work adds to the delightful and authentic atmosphere. There are more tables in the enlarged outdoor dining area, but it wasn’t crowded when I visited Los Tres Gallos on Halloween. I love the courtyard feel of this restaurant.

Service from my favorite waiter Diego was great, as always. Other wait staff were equally fast at bringing anything we needed.

I chose sopes as an appetizer. I knew I wanted to have huitlacoche (corn fungus) on one, and I chose squash blossom on the other. Both were delicious. My friends seemed to enjoy both as well. The huauzontle (huanzontle?) broccoli-like entrée was just as fabulous as I remembered. This is the kind of Mexican food that really appeals to me ~ unique and excellent!

I’ll be back again to experience the relaxed atmosphere & the attentive service and to eat some terrific food.

1  Thank PacificNWFamily
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We made our second visit of this trip, this Tim with our grand children. The food is really special. It is Mexicam food but with sauces that make it cross over to something like mex-French. The margaritas we top notch.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love Pozole, I will order it whenever I see it though I am often disappointed because it never quite measures up to mine or that of my childhood memories. I took a chance and I was so pleased!! It was flavorful and rich and the meat was tender and succulent. I loved that they served a platter of seasonings, sour cream and onions on the side so I could adjust to my liking. Every dish at our table for four was beautiful and delicious - we were all very happy campers!! I cannot wait to return with my family!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The first time we ate at Los Tres Gallos it was a small cafe with 4 tables and the kitchen stove was outside off of the sidewalk. The food was amazing and the owner very friendly, offering us free samples of many of their special recipes. The following year they had expanded into a larger indoor space with several tables and an indoor kitchen. Now they have a wonderful outside patio restaurant with outside kitchen. The patio is very comfortable and well decorated. We were afraid that with all the expansion the food may not be as good as previously, but the menu stays that same and the food is unique and tastes wonderful. They have done an amazing job and we would highly recommend eating lunch or dinner at Los Tres Gallos!