“The Real Thing”

Ranked #45 of 587 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Los Tres Gallos is a culinary experience for those in search of the true aromas and flavors of traditional Mexican cuisine
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our second visit to Los Tres Gallos, our first being last December. Probably the best traditional Mexican food in Cabo. How can you go wrong with the taco grill out and front. Eat in the courtyard although the dining room is very cozy. Go with the waiter's suggestion but there is enough to share. Deliiiicious!!

1  Thank Ed H
There are newer reviews for Los Tres Gallos

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I decided to venture off the main drag to find a local Mexican restaurant. This place was perfect. From the outside, the restaurant doesn't look like much. It looks like a clean, modest and small Mexican restaurant.

They have beautiful courtyard seating where you sit under one of their several citrus trees. The food is absolutely the best Mexican food I have ever had. I would highly recommend the sopas for appetizer and the Orange infused pork for dinner (forget the full mexican name). The staff is friendly and recommended the pork, which I loved.

If you're looking for authentic Mexican food in a quaint local setting at a reasonable price, Tres Gallos is for you. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank BobAdams111
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Really enjoyed this dinner in Cabo. I arrived alone in Cabo a day before the rest of my party so was looking for a 'local' purveyor of good, traditional Mexican food. While most of the patrons were visitors (probably to be expected in Cabo) even in the shoulder season, this place has an authentic feel to it, the staff was very friendly and welcoming (especially the outside bar man), and the food was great. A really nice outside patio is screened from the street and is the best place to sit - easily walkable from downtown.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a great treat last night. We found something unusual. A restaurant serving authentic Mexican food, nit tex-mex. Everything was perfect.

You must try their coffee. Different from anything that I have had before.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I love this place! So much better than all of the other touristy restaurants in the area. Great atmosphere, great service... best of all GREAT FOOD!!