“Loved it!”

Hacienda Cocina y Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Hacienda Cocina y Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Hacienda Cocina y Cantina, the signature restaurant at the Hacienda Beach Club & Residences at Medano Beach, merges traditional Mexican architecture with casual beachfront dining for an elegant, laid back experience. Perched on the most beautiful quarter-mile of beach and overlooking the iconic rock formations of Land's End, this restaurant features open air indoor dining, outdoor dining on the terazza, a beachfront palapa bar and the ever popular "tables in the sand." The menu showcases the different regions and flavors of Mexico through expertly crafted authentic dishes using only the finest local ingredients.
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We made reservations here after seeing the reviews on Trip Adviser and confirming with the concierge. It was absolutely excellent. The restaurant is beautiful with wonderful views. The food was incredibly tasty. Everything we had was delicious. I ordered the octopus and calamari appetizer and it was amazing. It was large enough for a main course. My husband had the smoked tuna empanadas which he loved. My son had the black bean soup, which is his favorite dish and he thought this was excellent. The special fish was sea bass. My daughter had it blackened with pica de gallo--excellent. My husband and I shared the sea bass with garlic and veggies which was unbelievable and my son loved his beef dish. The service was excellent as we'll. all this and the prices were lower than the other restaurants we have been to on this trip. Definitely go here.

1  Thank Westiefan79
Write a ReviewReviews (2,748)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Awesome place...too bad we came here on our last night in Cabo.
We came for dinner but I'd love to check it out during the day.
Sitting on the beach was a nice touch.

The entire building, restaurant & property are superb.
Great design!
The service was excellent from start to finish.

Everyone raved about how good their food was. I had the Molcajete & it was the best thing I ate during the entire vacation.

We'll be back...

Reviewed December 18, 2013

One of the best meals I had in Los Cabos this trip. This restaurant came highly recommended by our Concierge Rossie from Fiesta Americana. We were here for 12 days, and we didn't take her up on the recommendation until the last week. I am Sooo sorry I didn't visit this restaurant sooner.

PROs...
1) The view was beautiful. You can see the arches and Medona Beach hotels all lit up at night.
2) Service was attentive without being intrusive.
3) Food. We ordered a seafood medley for 2 and it was tasty. ALSO reasonable priced. There was so much seafood that my husband got a stomach ache.

CONs...
1) Fabulous food made the husband a bit sick in the morning. I think it was because he ate too much of it. :-( I ate the same thing and did not get sick. So i will let the readers decide..
2) Wine selection was not that great. We bought a bottle of white which gave the husband a headache. I think that Los Cabos is more of a red wine kind of town.

I had a fabulous time. My husband felt a bit sick the next day with all the wine and food. Thus the 4 stars (if it was just me it would be 5).

We are going again tonight (our last night here). We went to Don Sanchez (San Jose), Tequila (San Jose), Mi Casa ( 2X at both San Jose and Cabo), the View (do NOT go here.... awful food but good view), and Las Mariscadas (Cabo > really fresh seafood).

This was my choice for the final night (toss up with Tequila). Maybe the husband will give it a five star after tonight.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is the second time we've been to the Hacienda for lunch. It is top notch and the view is just fantastic. It is right on Medano Beach so you can watch all the activity from the restaurant. The food and drinks are very good too. I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Wonderful menu and a great chef. Unfortunately, when we brought friends there for a special birthday treat, it was the chef's night off, and our food was not the usual gourmet's delight. Nevertheless, it is probably the finest ambience and view in Cabo with great service, drinks and (usually) scrumptious food!