“Fun night”

Cabo Winery Restaurant at Los Cabos Winery
Ranked #49 of 111 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cabo Winery Restaurant is located inside the boutique Los Cabos Winery. The restaurant is highly Rated in the Seafood and Steak categories in Cabo by Trip Adviser. They offer a menu of tasty appetisers to full meals featuring their own labeled premium wines. Dine in the lounge with soft lighting and smooth jazz and live piano music. Dinner 6-10 pm daily. Live Jazz music in the Jazz club Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night Jam sessions from 10PM to 1Am.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Upon entering the restaurant you feel right at home. The owner & host Robert went out of his way to make the experience a one of a kind night. The food was delicious & we loved the wine pairings. We had dessert (flan with ice cream) on the comfy leather couches to trumpet music/video selected by Robert -a great touch. We had lots of laughs & it was a very memorable night!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I look forward to revisiting this restaurant next visit the wines were spectacular and food was delicious

Reviewed September 13, 2013

don't be put off by the neighborhood, once inside you will have a unforgettable dinning experience, the food and wine were excellent! We had a private party and felt like we were having a dinner party in our own home.

1  Thank 478sandym
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After hearing about Los Cabos Winery we decided to try it this year. After driving around for while we finally discovered it. We stopped in to see the place and menu mid afternoon, place was empty, but hey, mid afternoon. The staff there answered our questions, we saw the menu and we were given a little tour. This place no longer seems to make wine; there are some bottles available for $175.00? It seems more like a wine bar. There are tables set up in the wine cave for dinner should you choose to eat there. The waiter assured that this would be our best meal in Cabo. So reservations made for a Friday evening. We arrive for dinner found out the waiter who gave his word about how good the meal was had quit! We were seated in the wine cave which we thought was unique. Unfortunately a table of 6 were having conversations that seemed much louder because of the acoustics. We waited for quite a while for a waiter and a menu. The room is dark is and very hard to make out the menu even with the Flashlight. We were suggested to try to 2 Surfs and a turf and this dish is touted to be their best! We also order a pasta dish which was suggested. A basket of bread slices were delivered and devoured, it was delicious. We waited for our meal for quite a while. Meanwhile the large table had received their meals and one meal was returned. Another plate arrived and this was also refused by the guest. The owner was present and spoke with the guests at the table. We began to wonder…. Our meal arrived and it looked beautiful. The waiters left immediately, realized that I was did not have melted butter for the lobster we waited for the waiters return to request it. Meanwhile I told my guest to go ahead and I started on my vegetables all very green, one broccoli spear, one asparagus, 3 slices of zucchini, and one cold scoop of mashed potatoes. The waiter came back I requested the butter and received it a few minutes later. My guest mentioned to me that there was absolutely no taste to his pasta dish, I tried it, he was right there was NO taste. We debated what to do. We had also noticed a table of three had come in looked over the menu and before ordering walked out. We continued and nibbled on the shrimp, lobster tail and steak. All was marginal, tough and very little taste!! We asked for another basket of bread as we were hungry. On our way out to pay our bill, the waiter asked us how the meal was. We asked if he wanted an honest answer and he did. We let him know the meal was not at all up to what was promised. He let us know that they were short a waiter and the regular Chef was suddenly off that week as his father was very sick; they had a new Chef that was unfamiliar with the recipes. We expressed our disappointment with him as he suggested the expensive specially meal knowing that the Chef was not familiar in creating the dish. He apologized about the meal and offered us 15% off our next meal. We were floored! It seemed like a silly gesture at that point. We sensed they were now well aware of the fact the kitchen was struggling that night. Have no idea if the owner was still there as he was no where to be seen. We have no immediate plans to return it was an expensive and a tasteless meal.
The ABSOLUTE BEST part of the evening was listening to a Guitarist named Viny. He plays an amazing guitar, occasionally with vocals. The sound is a mix of Cat Stevens,James Taylor, Eric Clapton and Carlos Santana. We had a wonderful conversation with him in-between his songs as we ended up being the only people in the wine cave, there was another sign! If it were not for VIny, we would have walked out. Hope the owner knows how valuable this gentleman is, because the food will not draw us back.

3  Thank Midwesterncanuck
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were greeted at the door by the owner and he was so nice. I really thought this place was going to be a wonderful experience. Everything escalated downwards from that point. The waiter finally acknowledged us after a brief wait. He asked if we wanted water and we said yes. He brings a BIG bottle of water room temperature and sets it on the table and walks off. He brings 2 menus and 2 flashlights and walks off. He came back and my husband asked for two glasses of house white wine. The waiter brought us a carafe and just set it on the table and walked off. We sat there so long using a flash light trying to read the menu and then we finally decided to leave. The owner came to the table and we told him we were leaving, he asked us to stay explaining the waiter was new, He gave us a tour and told us his story of the winery. To buy a bottle of wine that was made at the winery, the price is $175.00 because he is no longer allowed to make the wine because of the Mexican Government. So basically this restaurant should be billed as a wine bar and restaurant, not a winery. That being said, the food was pretty good. They had a young couple singing and playing the piano. They were good. Again that being said...this restaurant needs a a bit of a makeover and some serious decisions need to be made on branding it's self as a restaurant or a wine bar, it has great potential, but it's just not there. The owner gave us us our meal half priced but our bill was still $95 dollars. If that was half price, then our bill would have equated to $190.00. This was not a hundred and ninety dollar experience. I gave two stars because the owner was such a nice guy, the food tasted good, and the entertainment was good. The experience was poor and I really felt bad because I insisted we try this restaurant. It more less was a waste of a good evening in Cabo. Maybe if the evening had started differently, I might have enjoyed it more. But is was not worth the price of a few glasses of house wine and two meals.

3  Thank Julie60747
RobertTurnage, Owner at Cabo Winery Restaurant at Los Cabos Winery, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Cabo Winery Restaurant..
When you arrived, I sat you at one of the best tables to view the very popular jazz show featuring Daline Jones And Diego Ramirez. When I returned later I saw how uncomfortable you seemed in the smaller high cocktail table, I immediately asked if you would stay for the show and change your table for a lower table with a new waiter.

It is unfortunate that our original new waiter didn't take a little more time to make you feel more comfortable. For your information, after that night, he is no longer with us.

I want to clarify some misconceptions you have regarding the Cabo Winery Restaurant at the Los Cabos Winery.
You made an error when you described the Cabo Winery restaurant as a Winery. It is a sister company that leases space from the 8,000 ft square Los Cabos Winery building. The Restaurant purchases its wines from several different wine distributors in Mexico including the Los Cabos Winery, the same as most other Restaurants.

I thought you would be interested and asked if you wanted to take a tour of the Los Cabos Winery, located in the back of the Los Cabos Winery building. The 3000 ft space includes the barrel aging cave and bottling line. You seemed to enjoy the tour even though several of your facts you wrote in your review were incorrect.

For your information,the winery is preparing to receive another 20 barrels (1200 gallons) of wine from 7 different vineyards in the Central coast appellation of California that it has been blending and aging the latter part of 2012. The wines will arrive the end of April and they will start bottling in May 2013. As the Los Cabos Winery has done in the past, they plan to distribute their new wines to the 300+ restaurants in Los Cabos, and yes they will offer them to the Cabo Winery Restaurant for sale to their customers.

You Even though you say you thought the musicians were good, the food was good and the rest of your experience was nice, I'm sorry you you still left with bad feelings. I have to say I tried to personaly help make your experience good. I guess that old saying you cant' please every one all the time is true. Never the less, I enjoyed meeting you and hope you will try us again some time
Robert