“A winery with great food in Cabo? Go to Los Cabos winery!”

Cabo Winery Restaurant at Los Cabos Winery
Ranked #51 of 108 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cabo Winery Restaurant is located inside the boutique Los Cabos Winery. The restaurant is highly Rated in the Seafood and Steak categories in Cabo by Trip Adviser. They offer a menu of tasty appetisers to full meals featuring their own labeled premium wines. Dine in the lounge with soft lighting and smooth jazz and live piano music. Dinner 6-10 pm daily. Live Jazz music in the Jazz club Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night Jam sessions from 10PM to 1Am.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
San Francisco, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A winery with great food in Cabo? Go to Los Cabos winery!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had a surprisingly tasty meal in the back cave area of Los Cabos winery last week. Both the GF & I started with a salad course and followed with main dishes of sea bass & shrimp. The portion size of both courses was generous and the price points were below the usual tourist locations. We did not have any odd server-related issues or other problems.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank neverenoughtime1

Acworth, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Waiter counted money at the table!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The wine tasting experience was great, and the food was excellent. We believe the prices were good for what we have seen in Cabo. Then we went to pay the tab, the waiter counted the money at the table, then questioned our tip. I was in shock. If that had not happened, It would have been a great experience.

5 Thank Pamela A
, Owner at Cabo Winery Restaurant at Los Cabos Winery, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed the food, Wine and service. I apologise for the unfortunate incident.

The actions of the waiter at the end of an otherwise enjoyable experiance are totally unacceptable. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

The waiter has been given a warning, and told any future behavior of this type will not be tolerated or his employment will be terminated. He was suspended for 2 days.

I hope you return to the Cabo Winery Restaurant at the Los Cabos Winery, or the new Cabo Winery Bistro opening at the Marina December 2012 on your next visit. We will have a complimentary bottle of Los Cabos Winery wine wating for you.

My Best Regards,
Robert Turnage
Owner
Benicia, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“great food and musical entertainment!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

in 2 weeks in cabo san lucas, my friends and i ate at the restaurant 3 times. we listened to the beautiful music of daline jones and diego rivera on saturday nights. the food is wonderful and the owners are great!

2 Thank dyanne v
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We try to treat our customers as we would like to be treated. This is my first experience being on the supply side of the food, Wine, and entertainment chain. I was spoiled by Napa Wines and SFO Bay Area exceptional food, and was probably a pain in the “you know what” for some restaurants I frequented.
So when I moved to Cabo I first tried to fill the void of deceit wine availability, at reasonable prices. I accomplished that goal and decided to open a restaurant that would serve food consistently up to our standards. I try a different menu item each day, and , sorry to say am probably the same pain in the (you know) to my chief.
Then we decided to find some good classical piano, Guitar and jazz music during the dinner hour. We were very lucky enough to be friends with Daline Jones and Diego Ramirez, who knew of our lofty goals. They graciously suggested that they would play here at the Winery because of the smaller intimate lounge atmosphere for a few weeks. The rest is history, as that was almost 2 years ago they have graciously become family and been here every Saturday except during 6-8 weeks in July august when they take their wonderful show on tour throughout the USA. Thursday Trudy plays Standards on Piano and Friday Venicio plays piano, Guitar, harmonica and sings.
How did I get into the Winery and restaurant business?
After I got past my Almaden, Mountain White Chablis stage in my early 20's, I started to acquire a taste for good wines, classical guitar and light Jazz music, whenever I could afford it. I was lucky enough to be raised in Santa Cruz, close to the San Francisco Bay area and Napa CA, one of the few areas in the world to find all my new favorite vices in close proximity. I lived there for the next 12 years when I retired at age 34 (prematurely I might add, as I spent my life savings much too fast, and had to go back to work in 4 years after my adventurers in paradise.
I have been coming to Cabo since 1978 When I sailed my 72 foot wooden Ketch from Honolulu Hawaii into the Cabo San Lucas harbor, dropped anchor and backed the stern up to the marina seawall and discovered Cabo. It was love at first step. I spent 2 weeks and told myself I would move here someday. It took almost 30 years. I bought a home on the Pacific side of Pedregal in 1995 then moved to Cabo fulltime in 2007. I decided to open a Winery after I got tired of trying to find a deceit consistent supply of wine to supply my acquired habit of a glass or 2 of a good wine a day and keep up the required dose of resveratrol per my cardiologist.
I'm happy we were able to help you with a good experience for your sense of sight, smell , taste, hearing, and happiness here at the Winery
Summit, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice Valentine's Day Dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

All in all, a solid restaurant. Good food and service. A little hard to find, but a decent cabbie will get you there.

Visited February 2012
Amarillo, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very expensive”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Better places to go to and not near as expensive. Survives because of their name