“great food and musical entertainment!”

Cabo Winery Restaurant at Los Cabos Winery
Ranked #52 of 111 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cabo Winery Restaurant is located inside the boutique Los Cabos Winery. The restaurant is highly Rated in the Seafood and Steak categories in Cabo by Trip Adviser. They offer a menu of tasty appetisers to full meals featuring their own labeled premium wines. Dine in the lounge with soft lighting and smooth jazz and live piano music. Dinner 6-10 pm daily. Live Jazz music in the Jazz club Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night Jam sessions from 10PM to 1Am.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 4, 2012

in 2 weeks in cabo san lucas, my friends and i ate at the restaurant 3 times. we listened to the beautiful music of daline jones and diego rivera on saturday nights. the food is wonderful and the owners are great!

2  Thank dyanne v
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We try to treat our customers as we would like to be treated. This is my first experience being on the supply side of the food, Wine, and entertainment chain. I was spoiled by Napa Wines and SFO Bay Area exceptional food, and was probably a pain in the “you know what” for some restaurants I frequented.
So when I moved to Cabo I first tried to fill the void of deceit wine availability, at reasonable prices. I accomplished that goal and decided to open a restaurant that would serve food consistently up to our standards. I try a different menu item each day, and , sorry to say am probably the same pain in the (you know) to my chief.
Then we decided to find some good classical piano, Guitar and jazz music during the dinner hour. We were very lucky enough to be friends with Daline Jones and Diego Ramirez, who knew of our lofty goals. They graciously suggested that they would play here at the Winery because of the smaller intimate lounge atmosphere for a few weeks. The rest is history, as that was almost 2 years ago they have graciously become family and been here every Saturday except during 6-8 weeks in July august when they take their wonderful show on tour throughout the USA. Thursday Trudy plays Standards on Piano and Friday Venicio plays piano, Guitar, harmonica and sings.
How did I get into the Winery and restaurant business?
After I got past my Almaden, Mountain White Chablis stage in my early 20's, I started to acquire a taste for good wines, classical guitar and light Jazz music, whenever I could afford it. I was lucky enough to be raised in Santa Cruz, close to the San Francisco Bay area and Napa CA, one of the few areas in the world to find all my new favorite vices in close proximity. I lived there for the next 12 years when I retired at age 34 (prematurely I might add, as I spent my life savings much too fast, and had to go back to work in 4 years after my adventurers in paradise.
I have been coming to Cabo since 1978 When I sailed my 72 foot wooden Ketch from Honolulu Hawaii into the Cabo San Lucas harbor, dropped anchor and backed the stern up to the marina seawall and discovered Cabo. It was love at first step. I spent 2 weeks and told myself I would move here someday. It took almost 30 years. I bought a home on the Pacific side of Pedregal in 1995 then moved to Cabo fulltime in 2007. I decided to open a Winery after I got tired of trying to find a deceit consistent supply of wine to supply my acquired habit of a glass or 2 of a good wine a day and keep up the required dose of resveratrol per my cardiologist.
I'm happy we were able to help you with a good experience for your sense of sight, smell , taste, hearing, and happiness here at the Winery

Reviewed May 28, 2012

All in all, a solid restaurant. Good food and service. A little hard to find, but a decent cabbie will get you there.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Better places to go to and not near as expensive. Survives because of their name

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Last night we just enjoyed one of the best dining experiences we've had in a very long time. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. I had reserved a table for six a week earlier and I can't thank Robert and his staff - Alan, Georgina and Vincente, enough for making our celebration special. They went all out to make us feel like family and welcomed us at the door. We shared our evening with close friends and it was a first time visit for us all. Our table was set up with balloons, appetizers (the bruschetta and meat and cheese platter were delicious) and wine. Everyone enjoyed the Malbec and Chardonnay tremendously. Great pairings with the appetizers. Things got even better with dinner. My wife raved about her Ravioli and my Filet Mignon was done to perfection. Our guests said the Sea Bass melted in their mouths. After dinner, to our surprise, they brought out a decorated chocolate cake with mousse filling that was decadently light and sooo delicious. Five stars isn't enough to describe the food and service. Thank you Cabo Winery for making our evening so very special.

3  Thank nitram4id
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for the kind words! We are happy you enjoyed the effort my wife Georgina and staff made to help you enjoy your very special evening in the Wine Cave on your 25th Anniversary. We enjoyed meeting you, your family and close friends. I hope to see you back at the Cabo Winery Restaurant at the Los Cabos Winery, on your next next visit.

Save some time to visit our newest Restaurant, Cabo Winery Bistro on the Marina, opening December 2012. We will be located in the old IGY Marina offices next to the boat Launch ramp and Puerto Paradiso Mall, on the north side of the Marina. Same great food and some new items with an international flair.
Best Regards, Robert

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not a place we would return. The atmosphere is nice and the service was good.

2  Thank 52024Jonif