“Great Steak Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pampa

La Pampa
Ranked #111 of 553 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Tomball, Texas
“Great Steak Place”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Took the family there tonight 5-19-13 for our final meal in Cabo with my wife and daughter. We were craving a good steak and we found it. I had the flank steak it was cooked properly and was excellent. Usally you dont think of flank steak being tender and juicy but this was great. My wife had the filet and it came out a little too rare. They took it back and cooked it to her medium that she had requested. The flavor was outstanding. My daughter had the ribeye and it was the best I have tasted in Cabo at places costing much more. The service was excellent. I had the Pampa salad and it was good as well. Be foewarned the portions are large. You wont leave hungry.
The tab including 2 glasses of wine was a $110.00 US before tip. I will be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Huegel

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Steaks...and more Steaks!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ate here our first night in Cabo. The space is intimate and classy, and the service excellent. We ordered the mixed grill, and the bottle of wine that came with it, but a few minutes later were told that the large party before us had gotten the last of the beef ribs and that there was no suitable substitute. We switched our order to the skirt steak for two, and were presented with the largest single steak I have ever seen. It was also perfectly cooked. As I wouldn't have ordered a bottle of wine without the mixed grill, I asked the waiter how that would be billed. He responded 'I'll work something out'. They actually didn't charge for the wine, as it was their fault that the mixed grill was unavailable. This was one of the best steak meals I've ever had, and was also the cheapest 'fine dining' meal we had Cabo. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
“The best steaks in town!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I own a house in Cabo and every time we come here we eat at LaPampa at least 6 times!! We have always had good service and good food. Last night we each got the LaPampa salad, the Spanish sausage appetizer and we split the fillet. It was enough for us each to have our own steak, about 5oz each. Very tender. Argentinians are known for their steaks! They also serve a side order of potatoes that you will probably want to order an extra side dish of. They are a cross between chips and fried potatoes. Absolutely Devine! Also, we found out they just started serving breakfast and will deliver!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Monabrown
Eagle River, Alaska
“Updated Review”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had a bad experience and blasted this place quite some time ago. I had not been back until about 3 weeks ago. I have to say that for me, things changed signifiicantly---for the better! The service was very good and the staff were friendly. I ordered the flank steak mid--rare as I had done a few times in the past. On this visit, it appeared as though the meat had been trimmed a bit in order to ensure a fairly uniform thickness. My steak was....PERFECTLY cooked and the flavor was awesome. I would highly recommend giving this restaurant a try. I will certainly return for another meal.....

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 2CABO
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meateaters delight!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We tried many restaurants in Cabo, including many of the higher rated Trip Advisor selections and by far, our entire group enjoyed La Pampa the best! I had the filet and it was perfect. My friends loved the flank steak. The place is small but it has a great atmosphere and the staff is outstanding.

• Visited February 2013