“Winner 7 is a Winner!”

Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Winner 7" Cabo Charter Sport Fishing & Cruising Fleet of boats serves all needs. All Inclusive Charters. Share Fishing Charters. Whale watching. Marlin, tuna, dorado, wahoo, sharks. Showcased by 52' Hatteras Sport Fish "Winner 7" owner/operator in Cabo San Lucas. Plus other sport fish boats all inclusive 26' to 70'. World Class Fishing on World Class Boats. A/C, iPod Stereo. Exceeds all safety requirements. These are all great boats.
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I wanted to take my dad on a sportsfishing trip to Cabo but didn't know which charter to choose. I read the reviews from tripadvisor and decided to contact Winner 7 Sportfishing. Dave got back to me immediately and we were able to work out a great deal. Dave met us at the condo as soon as we arrived and made sure that we were taken care of. We decided to do the overnight fishing trip which was very cool. He picked us up in the morning and brought us down to the boat. They had breakfast out for us and we were able to eat while they finished preparing for the trip. We fished all day and anchored in a cove that evening. We were very lucky both days and hooked up with plenty of fish including blue marlin. We still talk about the one that got away but we were able to bring in a nice marlin and also dorado and wahoo. The capt. (Miguel) and deckhand (Pablo) were very knowledgeable about the fishing and were very helpful in guiding us when bringing in the fish. We ate fresh fish the whole time and had some of the best fish tacos. One of the coolest points of the whole trip is that after we arrived back on shore, Dave brought our catch to the local smokehouse and we were able to bring home some smoked marlin. We had a great trip and we are definitely going to come back again. Thanks again Dave. Dave

1  Thank Marli17
in 17 reviews
"mate"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Just returned from Cabo, took the 8 hour trip with Dave and his crew. Another couple from Canada and my wife were present as well.
We decided to take turns on landing the fish we caught,
I got first, a 30lb Dorado, yeh!! Then my partner went, a 350lb Blue Marlin...!!! Next was me, a 50lb Dorado...then him, another marlin but was stripped rather than blue and was perhaps 70lb.
The last fish of the day was mine, a 55lb Wahoo.
We had a great time, Dave did everything he said he would and the food and drinks were great.
Even had breaks to get out of the sun and sit in the a/c from time to time. The girls generally sat on the upper deck under the canopy. Music was great, Dave was informative and this was a trip of a lifetime, Thanks Dave, you have a good gig here.

1  Thank Texazstar
Reviewed August 21, 2010

From the moment by two teenage sons and I stepped onto the 52 foot boat we knew it was going to be a good day. Dave and his crew were fabulous making sure we were fed often, had plenty of drinks and were catching fish.
My youngest son landed a 200lb Marlin and an 80lb Wahoo and had the time of his life. We were all very grateful that the Winner 7 was such a big boat due to the high seas that day. We saw some of the smaller boats getting beat up pretty bad as they headed back into the harbor early. To us picking the right crew was important because we wanted to have a fun day. After reading one good review after another we decided the Winner 7 was the boat for us.......we were right! When we got back in Dave brought the Wahoo to a local fish shop and had them smoke the fish for us so we could bring the meat home to Dallas. I had to leave Cabo two days earlier than my wife so Dave told me he would bring the fish to my wife at the hotel.....and he did! Thanks again for everything Dave! We will be back....

Oh yeah...almost forgot.....make sure Dave makes his famous guacamole dip for you and don't tell anyone else on the boat about it if you see him making it. That way you can hog more of it for yourself. Trust me, you will wish you did :)

1  Thank skillet55
travelmex7, Owner at Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you for your recent review and your kind words that describes our service. We here on the "Winner 7", from owner to captain to crew, are committed to provide the best possible service and fishing experience there is. It is an appreciated reward for us to hear these sort of comments from people that have been on our boat.

Winner 7

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I recently went to Cabo for a wedding and made the time to go fishing on the Winner 7. I am so glad I did! The crew was very friendly and very professional. We caught yellow fin tuna and marlin. After we caught the marlin (we caught it first) the crew made us fresh fish tacos for lunch. They were amazing! We saw a lot of wildlife including sea turtles, porpoises, a hammerhead shark, birds, and of course, the fish we caught. The boat is really nice and it's big enough that people have their own space (upstairs and downstairs) and with a bigger fishing boat like this, you don't get the rocking that you may get in a smaller boat. The rip included everything - breakfast and coffee in the morning, snacks and beverages throughout the day (non-alch/alcoholic), and of course our yummy tacos for lunch. Winner 7 was definitely a winner and we are already planning on bringing our parents back to Cabo to fish this fall!

1  Thank jennb_AZ