“Great Experience with Dave, Winner 7 and the boat Marshall”

Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Winner 7" Cabo Charter Sport Fishing & Cruising Fleet of boats serves all needs. All Inclusive Charters. Share Fishing Charters. Whale watching. Marlin, tuna, dorado, wahoo, sharks. Showcased by 52' Hatteras Sport Fish "Winner 7" owner/operator in Cabo San Lucas. Plus other sport fish boats all inclusive 26' to 70'. World Class Fishing on World Class Boats. A/C, iPod Stereo. Exceeds all safety requirements. These are all great boats.
Cullman, Alabama, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Experience with Dave, Winner 7 and the boat Marshall”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Just returned from Cabo San Lucas (12/29-1/3/14). A week ahead of our departure, I booked a fishing trip aboard the 33 foot "Marshall" via phone with Dave Carter of Winner 7 Charters for Jan 2nd. The trip included 8 hours ($530) with an all-inclusive package (breakfast, lunch, bait and fishing permit ( cost of an additional $90 for a party of 2). Total cost was $620. Through an email from Dave, he gave very specific instructions of the time/location/who to meet. He gave other helpful ideas about Cabo, resturants, etc.

When we arrived at the location/time, just as Dave had said in his email, we easily found Gllen and Mario who assisted us. After finalizing our bill, Gllen handed us off to Captain Oscar and first mate Juan. Flawless!!!!! Our pre-ordered box lunches were exactly to order with drinks.

Apparently it's a common practice to go to a location (15 minute boat ride) where there is a "shelf" to bottom fish for Marlin with live bait. There were approximately 75-100 other boats doing the same thing along a 1-2 mile stretch of this "shelf". After a couple hours fishing (with no Marlin), we did as the rest of the boats and switched to lures and trolled the remainder of the day. Trolling consisted of going back and forth on a grid of 1 mile long by 1 mile wide). The fishing was slow this particular day. We saw a couple of boats land Marlin, but not many. My wife landed a nice large Dorado (mahi mahi) with another two smaller Dorados. Oscar and Juan worked the grid very hard changing colored lures to try and land fish.

We did see several whales while fishing and got some awesome pictures of them. I would rate our experience a 4 out of 5. If my wife had landed a Marlin I would rate this group a 5 plus. The lack of fish caught was not the fault of the crew...simply the fish were not biting . The other boats were experiencing the same.

I would use Dave and Winner 7 again. The instructions and experience was flawless. Thanks Dave, Gllen, Mario, Oscar and Juan. Btw since Dave lives in Arizona and Gllen in Cabo, it was amazing how flawless the trip went!

Best of luck!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank DavidPam_2013

Rochester, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best fishing ever”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just a note to let you know how happy we were with the Mexico trip.
The Riu Palace was out of the world food, grounds. Our room was tops as were the people that work there.
The fishing trip for the "BIG ONES" was also world class. The lure you ordered for our 50th caught the first fish in the first 15 minutes and was a big male dolphin.
In total we had 5 strikes on marlin and hook-ups on 4. We put 1 in the boat and released the others. The big bonus was a huge pacific sailfish. Lots of tailwalking and all. We got it to the boat and the we're surprised when I said "let's release it". I think that they thought I should have it mounted. The total was 2 on plastic, 3 on live fish going back in spread and 2 on butterflyed
Fish about 50 yards back in the chute.
The Silverados sport fish team with Gllen at the docks getting everything ready to go was professional and very friendly. The 44 foot "Muchacho Alegre" was more than anyone could dream of. A great Captain the mate at the lines was friendly, helpful and a true professional at rigging everything and making many changes durning the trip.
I see why you said "this is the team I always put my friend with".
Marcie arranged both our side trips and went out of her way to make sure everything came together.
We are thinking of coming back in 24 months to do it all over except 2 fishing trips 7a to 12p.
Thank you Nancy and Dave From Michigan

Visited November 2013
Saint James City, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“excellent fishing on the 38' Rebelde”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked the 38' Rebelde and were not disappointed. The price was good and the crew excellent. Israel was the captain and Julio the mate. The boat was nicely laid out with a good-sized cockpit with 2 fighting chairs, a nice couch for my required nap (can't resist anytime I'm on a boat!). The head was also good (women want to know this!). We had to reschedule our original date as I woke up very sick on the first scheduled date. We rebooked and let them keep the deposit as they had already prepared lunches etc as well as probably not being able to pick up another charter that day.

It was a beautiful day but slow fishing. I'm glad we booked 6 hours as it wasn't until the last hour or so that my husband caught a marlin. They handled the boat well for the fight. We didn't want to stress the fish too much and they vey obligingly backed down on him. (Our only other Cabo fishing a few years ago was very different. 5 or 6 marlin, but every time they got clise to the boat the captain would gun the engine and scare them away. Never backed down. We didn't like it and i can't say I've ever caught a marlin as my arms gave out) We got our photos while keeping the fish in the water. He was beautiful. About 140 pounds and maybe 8 feet. He had at least two remoras on him. The water was so clear that I got some excellent photos.

Thank you Israel and Julio! We'll book with you next time we are here.

Visited November 2013
Keller, Texas
“Marshall”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our group of 5 had a fantastic day of fishing on the Marshall this Oct. 2013! We caught over 25 Dorado's giving us all ample workouts throughout the day. Juan was an exceptionally hard worker, keeping fish on the line and everything baited and organized. We even had 3 at one time, and landed each one of them. Oscar and Juan make a great team! Our original boat booked "Cowboy" was not available, which created some confusion. But we inspected the Marshall before hand, and was very pleased with what we saw. The boat was spotless, and in great shape. I highly recommend Oscar and Juan as your captain and mate for your fishing trip. A friend in our group said he's been on 4 other fishing trips. He said by far, this was the best he's experienced. Thanks guys!

Visited October 2013
travelmex7, Owner at Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We had booked these people on Cowboy but Cowboy was not quite complete on the refurbishing we did which included engine, interior, paint etc. We had weather problems that delayed this. But no worries, the Marshall, as well as other boats we have, is a good boat with a good crew that people love, as you can see by the review written. Everyone that has gone on Marshall, which we book 4 times a week or so, loves the boat and crew (Oscar and Juan are great-read all the reviews) except one party that said they didnt which puzzled us. You will have a great experience fishing on Marshall, Cowboy, Silverado, Winner 7, Renagado, Charley, or a lot of other boats we have. We guarantee it!!
Los An
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hook a Marlin!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We all had a great time with Winner 7! Dave setup everything along with Gllen and Zobe. Our group was a total 13 dudes from SoCal, so we took out two boats (38' and 33'). In a full day, we caught 14 dorado, hooked 1 marlin and saw another bigger one that just did not want to bite.

Thank you Gllen, Zobe, Ismael and Dave for making our experience better than we could have imagined. We hope to see you guys next year!

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We try hard to put on a great charter eperience, and we do. Our crews will work hard and the boats are good, safe, ocean charterboats.