“Fabulous time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo

Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Winner 7" Cabo Charter Sport Fishing & Cruising Fleet of boats serves all needs. All Inclusive Charters. Share Fishing Charters. Whale watching. Marlin, tuna, dorado, wahoo, sharks. Showcased by 52' Hatteras Sport Fish "Winner 7" owner/operator in Cabo San Lucas. Plus other sport fish boats all inclusive 26' to 70'. World Class Fishing on World Class Boats. A/C, iPod Stereo. Exceeds all safety requirements. These are all great boats.
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were treated like rock stars. Oscar and Juan are the best. I was able to fish and my partner was taken to some breath taking sights, a photographer's dream. We caught Dorado and Tuna. These two guys met our every need. Bring some cd's , the sound system is pretty good. They helped us out with a hook-up to bring our fish home. Yesterday we grilled some of the Dorado, wow! Simply delicious. Thanks for making our fishing trip a day to remember. See you very soon.

Visited September 2013
travelmex7, Owner at Winner 7 Sport Fishing in Cabo, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
One more time: Another happy group. Thanks for the kind words.

Watertown, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“The boat 'Marshall' is not fit for a fishing charter”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've got to tell you, I've never been so disappointed with a fishing charter in my life - and I've been on more than a few! A bit of the fault lies with the captain and first mate but I put most of the blame on the boat owner and those that actually take money for sending people out in it. This review focuses mainly on the boat 'Marshall' itself but I also have no respect for anyone who would take money for a fishing charter and send them out on this boat!

Oscar and Juan obviously knew what they were doing when they happened to spot fish (by eye) and were very professional in that regard. However, I was a one man client and I have never been so ignored on a charter in my life. Oscar knows very little English and Juan knows none at all - at least that's the role they played. Maybe they just didn't feel like talking to me, I don't know, but c'mon guys, for the many hundreds of dollars I paid out for a full day charter I expected at least a little interaction with the captain and crew. Money and business aside, you acknowledge the people you are out fishing with just out of courtesy if nothing else. I was totally ignored for the entire trip except when a fish was around - which was only twice the whole day.

The boat -
What a joke! Really! I cannot believe the state of disrepair that this vessel was in. I know (according to the info on the internet) this craft has won some tournaments, but it is possible to win tournaments with a dilapidated rust bucket and a bit of luck! There was foam stuffing popping out ALL the upholstery - not just here and there - everywhere. Much of the paint was so worn that there was bare exposed (and weathered) wood in many places. The toilet in the bathroom was broken. The web page says new upholstery and also lists 'fishfinder' under electronics. Now, I'm not sure if the page stated new upholstery before I chartered this in Feb of 2013 (it was anything but new at that time) but I know positively that it did state electronic fish finder and this is indeed a false statement. I guess their electronic 'fishfinder' is Juan with a digital watch and a pair of binoculars!

To be fair, we did hook up with 'one' fish but that 'one' was it, the fishing was extremely slow that day. But that's OK as this is fishing, there are no guarantees, you have bad days and good days. I am an experienced fisherman and understand that. (the worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work!) What was NOT OK was what happened next. Because the trolling for game fish was slow and I had absolutely no one to talk to I decided I would try a little of the bottom fishing that we had talked about beforehand so I could at least enjoy myself - we had well over half a day of fishing left. We started motoring towards shore for some bottom fishing while Juan rigged up the right gear to use. I tried talking with Oscar asking if he had some good spots for bottom fishing. He did not understand what I was asking and I gave up after a while. When we got closer to shore Oscar would repeatedly stop the boat so Juan could drop a weighted line overboard to see what depth we were at! This boat has a gps but NO depth (or fish) finder aboard - and I know this for sure as I checked the electronics myself!

Now I ask you - how can you take a paying client bottom fishing when you have absolutely no idea what the bottom is like below the boat, much less how deep of water you are in? THE ANSWER IS YOU CAN'T! It was a ridiculous situation and a total waste of my time and money. We were fishing completely blind just hoping to possibly run across something that might take the bait. In my book, this is totally unacceptable! Needless to say I stopped fishing and managed to get Oscar and Juan to understand that I wanted to call it quits for the day. I had much better things to do on vacation than look for a needle in a haystack!

I suggest that before you charter a fishing trip in Cabo that you personally inspect the boat first - I am sure that there are plenty that are adequate for the job. In February of 2013 the 'Marshall' was certainly NOT!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank makwa55
Not really sure what to say here. We met with client after the trip and refunded his money. We have never had a review like this. Everyone else loves Marshall and the crew. Read all the other reviews on this boat and crew. While I respect everyones opinion, no one else has said anything negative about Marshall, Oscar or Juan. In fact, everyone says nothing but good. We had this client on a different boat at first as the depth sounder ("fish finder") was in the shop and we had had a little trouble with the head (toilet). The client wanted to fish on Marshall, so we obliged him to try to keep him happy as he seemed unhappy at the start according to crew. The crew speaks good english but had a hard time understanding the clients as they were not Americans and spoke with an accent the crew was not accustomed to. The crew told me later they did not know what the client wanted exactly but said they asked for big blue marlin (they average 400lbs), and 100lb tuna, two types of fish that are very rare, hard to catch, and no one had been catching fish like that recently. We try to catch the fish that are biting, and big blues and big tuna werent for a few weeks. I apologized to the client repeatedly and refunded the money to them before they wrote this review. We continue to fish Marshall the same way as we always do. The people that went on Marshall the day before and the day after both wrote 5 Star reviews on their experience, so once again, we are puzzled. We apologize to this client again, and wish they would have been happy with their trip like everyone else has been. At least we have not had any other negative feedback which would be posted on this review website. We are driven to provide a quality fishing experience and we do. We think we do, and our other clients apparently agree.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Winner 7 Exceeded Our Expectations!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

From start to finish, this was such a great experience! I had done research on several companies in the area and Winner 7 was in our top 3 picks. After comparing prices, reviews, and speaking to Dave, the owner, on the phone, we decided to go with them. Dave was very informative and have us lots of tips for preparing for the trip.
From the time we got to the marina, it was maybe 5 minutes before we were on our boat, the 33' Marshall. There were lots of people standing around obviously waiting on their company or crew, but ours got us right on!
The boat was very nice and fit our group of six adults just fine (none if us are very big!) all of the food we ordered was on the boat and ready. We had more than enough snacks and the burritos were pretty good!
Our crew, Oscar and Juan, were so great! They understood most of what we said and catered to our needs. They went above and beyond to make sure we had the best experience possible...and we did!!
We reeled in 3 striped marlin, 3 Mahi, and over 15 tuna! Toward the end, we couldn't get out of each others way fast enough to get to the lines that had been hooked! We had a blast and again, the crew was wonderful and worked so hard!
Apparently porpoise travel with tuna, so the entire hour (or more) we were catching the tuna, we were followed by many schools of what we thought were dolphins! It was such a cool experience.

All in all, I felt that this company really cared that we had a great experience and did everything possible to make that happen! Thanks again Winner 7 for an unforgettable experience!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brooklyn6
“These Guys Know Fishing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I contacted Dave from Winner 7 Sportsfishing and booked a full day of fishing for something to do while I was vacationing in Cabo in early August 2013. Dave was very nice and answered all my questions. He booked me on the "Marshall". Our crew consisted of Captain "Oscar" and "Juan", the first mate. These two guys really impressed me with their enthusiasm and fishing expertise. They exemplify what teamwork is all about. They worked 100% of the time trying to catch fish. They never even stopped to eat lunch....just worked non-stop! I really appreciated their efforts. My son and I are just novice fishermen...we have no skill at this whatsoever. Yet we still managed to catch a Striped Marlin, two large Mahi mahi's, and 10 Tuna's....thanks to Oscar and Juan. We had the adventure of a lifetime. When I return to Cabo, one day soon I hope, I will book these guys again. Thank you guys very much!

Visited August 2013
Spring Branch, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Marlin Fishing in Cabo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went out on the Great Escape in mid July and had an excellent time. The boat is 1st class with comfortable leather seating, excellent showers and cabins, nice stereo system, ample refrigeration drawers, etc. All of the equipment was like new and the boat was actually quite fast (not so on many boats promised to be fast). We had a fantastic time with our group of 7. We caught 3 Striped Marlins, a Mahi Mahi and 10 tunas, say a Pilot Whale, Sea Turtle, lots of dolphins, flying fish, etc. Definitely would recommend Dave for getting us this vessel. We look forward to our next trip!

Visited July 2013