“The most exciting thing to do in Cabo San Lucas”
Review of Cabo Sky Tours

Cabo Sky Tours
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Flying with Ernesto in the ultralight is the highlight of a visit to Cabo. The extraordinary views and sheer beauty are describable. Ernesto is an experienced, careful pilot and I felt completely safe. Take the camera option and wow your friends with the photos!

1  Thank sn0wcat
in 14 reviews
"adrenaline rush"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2014

It's a must when you come to Cabo San Lucas. The views from up there are beautiful.
I enjoyed it a lot !!
Ernesto the pilot is very friendly.

1  Thank Ofelop
Reviewed April 21, 2014

When in Cabo, one can do what everybody else does: go fishing, drinking, whale watching, jet skiing, parasailing, dolphin swimming, zip lining, flyboarding or bar-hopping. None of those, as great as they all are, can compare with a 45 minute ride on Ernesto’s Ultra-Light Machine high and low above Cabo, the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez. I was blown away (not literally).
From three feet off the dunes at Diamante and Copala on the Pacific, to three hundred feet over Pedregal and Lover’s/Divorce Beach and the Marina and Médano Beach, and up along the coast of the Sea of Cortez to Cabo del Sol; well, we didn’t miss anything. Every face below was trained on us; we were the single most important thing for all those people to gawk at as we raced over their heads.
I have jumped from bridges and airplanes in New Zealand and flown in gliders in California but I never had more pure fun than being squeezed in behind Ernesto in his powered hang glider soaring over cruise ships and fishing boats. We flew low enough to see passengers on the Buccaneer Queen and the EcoCat gawking and pointing at us as we zipped over them.
Unlike parasailing, which I think gets boring once you are aloft, powered hang gliding involves tips and turns and altitude changes capped by low passes over sand dunes into which I was sure we would crash but didn’t. As a passenger, you have a choice between smooth and extreme. I recommend you go extreme. I opted for the 45 minute flight but wish I hadn’t cheaped out; I should have done the full hour.
Caboskytours is borderline expensive but is more than worth it. This is, for me, a treat that I won’t forget and will repeat. My only complaint is that Ernesto won’t let you bring your own camera on board. If you dropped it or your neck strap broke, I figured out, it would be a lethal weapon to anyone below…and that’s a lot of people. And, given the nature of some of the turns and swoops he put me through, dropping a camera would have been very easy to do. The good news is that he has a high-definition camera mounted on the starboard wing which is even better because you, as the passenger, are in every shot. Very cool.
Do this.

4  Thank Paul R
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hey the most exciting, safest, and amazing way to view Los Cabos. Ernesto is a Pro and delivers what he preaches all with a big Cabo smile. Flew Jamie over El Arco, buzzed the dunes and flew down the corridor and took photos along the way. Made a special effort to shoot Santa Maria Bay which is our special swim spot. We even got to see Ernesto take up a dude in a wing suit and jump from 3,000 feet over the Pacific and swoop down to land on the air strip. This is also a great way to discover what is located on the corridor plus adds a whole new view on whale watching! Pilots come to Cabo to fly with this guy, need I say more?

2  Thank Joseofthenorth
See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was in Cabo two weeks ago. Before going I looked on TripAdvisor and the Cabo Sky tours was one of the top things to do.
I have to agree.
It's not cheap. It's a little more than double para-sailing but 10 times the fun.
I stayed at the Villa Del Mar and the Cabo Sky Tours is right out front of the hotel.
It looked so fun, I didn't want my kids and wife to miss out either.
I booked two 15 minute tandem rides for my wife and kids and did a 25 minute solo ride myself.
I know but hey it was my idea.
Everyone loved it. It's a must do.
It was a bit cold that day and we all wore the jackets. My wife who had one of our daughters on her lap said that the jacket kept blowing in her face and obstructed her view somewhat. So, if you are going to go tandem, either dress warm or go on a hot day so you don't have to wear the jacket..
Follow Ernesto's lead. If he says he's wearing a jacket, wear a jacket.
As far as Ernesto. He is a great guy and seems to really enjoy his job. If you do it, you'll understand why.
I bought the pictures and they are awesome. I figured I wouldn't get the chance to do it ever again and wanted the memories.
I wish some of the pictures were of just the view. It's spectacular.
I would suggest Ernesto go up with a cameraman and take some pictures of just the views. I would have bought those also.
As with most everything else in Cabo, cash only.

4  Thank Beau H