“Cabo Sky Tours is great!”
Review of Cabo Sky Tours

Cabo Sky Tours
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Ernesto at Cabo Sky Tours is a class act! He makes you feel very safe and secure and it is not scary at all. You get the best view of Cabo possible and even though I have been to Cabo over 10 times I have not seen the area as we saw it from up in the air! I highly recommend his services to everyone and make sure you opt for the pictures he takes from one of the wings as you fly, they are incredible!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you want to really get a great perspective of the beaches, resorts, and surrounding area of Cabo-the Cabo Sky Tour is definitely the right way. It was way more stable than I thought it would be, way more entertaining than I thought it would be, and well worth it. The best experience in my years of visiting Cabo. Ernesto was super friendly, knowledgeable and really did a wonderful job of putting you at ease. I am not real excited about heights but have bungee jumped, zipplined, parachuted and I think this was more fun. Not as much an adrenalin rush as jumping but more fun as it lasted for 25-30 minutes, was entertaining the entire time and the feeling lasted for days. Do yourself a favor and stop by to talk to Ernesto or call him. Fernando, his assistant was very helpful as well. AND, buy the dvd. Yes, it is an additional $64, but worth the memory. Watched with my son and he is excited now to try it. I would recommend a morning flight as it typically is calmer. The entire ride was very smooth, but I had a good day. Thanks Ernesto-you rock buddy. See you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We (me 70, my friend 22) just spent a week in Cabo. We went on camel rides, did some scuba and snorkel diving, and rode some dune buggies and we both voted this the absolute best adventure we had in Cabo. The flight was smooth both in takeoff and in flight. Not at all scary. I would recommend that it would be one of the first things to do. It gave and excellent view to give you an idea of the layout of cabo.

Don't miss!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Warning...this is a lengthy review, but I haven't been able to stop talking about the flight with Ernesto since I got home. So, with that in mind...

My wife and I have been vacationing in Cabo regularly for the last 5 years. We always stay at Villa del Arco or Villa del Palmar (on Medano Beach). I recall the first time arriving at the resort. It was beautiful, but what really caught my eye was the ultra-light parked alongside the arroyo outside the hotel compound entrance. Over the years I've seen "The Fly Guy" as we called him hauling touristas out on sight seeing flights. Every year I said to myself "I gotta do this", and every year I went home to Seattle not having done it. This year I decided I'd stop procrastinating and do it.

I went to their website, caboskytours.com, oogled over all the photos and testimonials, dug up the contact information and shot an email inquiry out to them. Within minutes (not joking) I had an e-mail response from Ernesto answering all of my questions, and encouraging me to come fly with him. I forwarded his email on to the other 4 people traveling with us this visit, thinking they'd call me crazy for even considering this. To my surprise, there was a lively email exchange that followed, and a few other travelers were definitely "in" for a flight...no backing out now.

The day that we arrived in Cabo, I walked down the driveway of the resort and found Ernesto garaging up "Mustang 3" for the evening. I introduced myself and booked flights later in the week for me and my friends. Ernesto is bubbly and exuberant. It is clear that he has a passion for what he does. A true "good guy".

When Friday morning arrived we walked over to the "airport" to catch our flights. There was a Canadian family there. The mother and young daughter had just been up on a flight, and dad and young son were currently out on their flight. Mom couldn't stop raving about how spectacular the experience was. I was initially leaning toward the 10 minute flight that goes out over Lands End and over to Chileno or Santa Maria Bay, but after talking to the family I was convinced that I had to take the 25 minute flight over Lands End and out over the dunes where the movie Troy was filmed.

When it was time for my flight Ernesto fitted me with a flight jacket, ear protection, and goggles. Cabo is surprisingly chilly at 2000 feet. I jumped into the seat, he buckled me in, jumped in himself, and before I knew it we were cruising down the runway. The plane accelerates quickly and smoothly, and you are off the ground in a steep climb before you know it. We circled back and went out over the beach. Ernesto tipped the wing so that the wing mounted camera could get a picture of me soaring at 1000 feet over my resort. We then headed over to Lands End for more incredible photos fom above. The perspective is amazing from up there.

We then climbed up to about 2000 feet and headed north toward the dunes. I'll be honest, I'm not a real fan of heights, and I did find myself puckering a bit, but I never felt concerned about safety. As he said he would, he killed the engine at maximum altitude and had me take my ear protection. There is no way to describe the feeling. You are litteraly floating through the air with just the sound of the wind rushing by. We had easy conversation at that point. We glided for a minute or so, and then Ernesto dropped us down toward the dune field and beach. We corkscrewed around a hill as we were shedding altitude. It was fantastic, and felt a little like being on a roller coaster. I could feel gravity pulling me down into my seat.

Next thing I know, we are no more than 3-4 feet off the deck skimming up and over the dunes. It was aothr roller coaster ride. At one point I noticed a couple of sets of clear footprints in the sand, details and all. We were that close. We skimmed the surf line a bit and then banked hard left and back up to altitude, passing close to a fishing charter at one point. The look on their faces was pretty priceless.

Back at altitude and headed home, we noticed a bunch of boats watching whales. Ernesto circled for a bit, long enough to see a "blow". From there it was back towards Lands End and the airport. I was was surprised at how high we were so close to the runway. A couple of well executed S turns, and we were suddenly hundreds of feet lower and on final approach...a steep final approach. I was shocked at how smooth the landing was for such an approach, I barely felt the touchdown. We taxied back to "the gate" (OK the check in pop up tent), and got a final celebratory picture together under the wing of "Mustang 3".

All in all, this was one of the most memorable experiences I have had. I'm dissapointed that I took so long to do it, but I can say, with certainty, that I will fly with Ernesto EVERY TIME I am in cabo from here on out. This is an experience not to be missed.

Tips:

Take the 25 minute ride. It's more expensive, but you won't regret it!

Buy the pictures. They turned out awesome. They need to be downloaded from the camera, so you won't get them right away. If you take the flight early on in your trip, you can come back by a few days later and pick them up on a CD. Otherwise, Ernesto will e-mail them to you (which is what I had him do). I received about 60 pictures for my 25 minute flight. the camera (a GoPro) takes a pic every 2 seconds. Ernesto will sort through them and make sure you get the best ones. Pictures run $49.00, but since all 3 of us that flew were buying them, he gave us a deal and we each paid $40.00

Pricing was $75.00 for the 10 minute flight, and $175 for the 25 minute flight. It is cash only, so plan accordingly.

Make yor reservation in advance (when you get there). Weather conditions can vary, and Ernesto recommends flying earlier in the day for less turbulence. I flew at 9:30AM, and ther was no turbulence to speak of.

Wear closed toe shoes. No flip flops are allowed, and you can't have a hat, watch or anything in your front pockets. Also, personal cameras are not allowed. All of this is so some poor schmoe on the beach doesn't get taken-out by falling objects.

Stop thinking about it. Stop talking about it. Just do it. You won't regret it.

3  Thank bktslt
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been vacationing in Cabo for about a dozen years and I've watched this Ultralight aircraft with fascination,from our balcony, take off and land several times a day for a week several times each year. While having breakfast last week I estimated that I had seen over 100 take offs and landings. I decided to take a closer look. I met Ernesto, the pilot, and learned that he is the only one who flys. I inspected the craft....did a little research on Ultralights and decided to go for it.

No question one of the most memorable experiences of my life. This is about as close as you can get to experience the soaring sensation of an Eagle.

Ernesto was fabulous and my experience with him was similar to the other reviewers.

If you know for certain that you are afraid of heights this is not for you. If you are uncertain I would suggest the 10 min trial flight. If you love flying and the sensation of soaring then you must experience the full tour over the dunes and open water etc. It's an experience you will never forget!

1  Thank David L